Off Topic Messages

Stevie Wonder not happy with Lil Wayne's lyrics

Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:26 pm

Stevie Wonder not happy with Lil Wayne's lyrics
http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=791009

Can't re-post the article as the site specifically states that this isn't permitted.

The gist of it is that Wonder has spoken out about Lil Wayne's ridiculous reference to Emmett Till in one of his latest songs.

14-year-old Emmett Till was brutally murdered in 1955 for allegedly whistling at a white woman. Lil Wayne thought it was witty and clever to say that he'd like to indulge in sex so rough that he'd do as much damage as was done to Till - specifically, he wanted to "beat the p---y up like Emmett Till".

Wonder was right to speak out. It was a step too far. Frankly, I think "beat the p---y up" was a moronic lyric even without the Emmett Till comparison, but sexually aggressive lyrics are very common with this guy. I could post 100 examples just as idiotic as that, but Tony might explode :lol:

Lil Wayne can be inventive, but he sure lacks class sometimes. Actually, a lot of the time.

Re: Stevie Wonder not happy with Lil Wayne's lyrics

Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:34 pm

Man, that is no-class! Now, I like good hip-hop, but lately I started to feel it has played itself out. This may be proof.

So, what else is there? Singing contests? Gangnem Style?

Maybe something big is right around the corner. Hope so. Cause this is sad.

rjm