Off Topic Messages

THAT THING YOU DO :)

Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:08 pm

Anyone here is also a fan of this great entertainment movie and soundtrack ?
I sit right now in a coffee house with my laptop, hearing this song in the backround, really enjoy it
Tom Hanks as the writer and director doin a wonderful job on this movie, also played as the WONDERS manager ;)

Re: THAT THING YOU DO :)

Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:16 pm

Yes! Part of it was filmed in the legendary Watson's Drugs Store right here in Orange!

So, yeah. It's pretty neat. And a good pop flick and the song isn't bad. I like it.

(Earlier tonight, I heard the Worst Song Ever, also related to a Tom Hanks film. This was not his fault!)

rjm

Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:02 pm

OMG!!!!!!!! I LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!!!

And if I know you you're doing that thing...every day just doing that thing...I can't take you doing that thing you do...

I'm going to have to watch it at least once over the next few days.

Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:38 pm

rjm wrote:Yes! Part of it was filmed in the legendary Watson's Drugs Store right here in Orange!

So, yeah. It's pretty neat. And a good pop flick and the song isn't bad. I like it.

(Earlier tonight, I heard the Worst Song Ever, also related to a Tom Hanks film. This was not his fault!)

rjm

Hi :)
It was filmed in the legendary Watson's Drugs store in Orange ? Cool, i didnt know that ;) thank you for the info
Glad you like this movie, catchy song ( the title one)
I wonder what is that worst song related to Tom Hanks you heard....;)

Thanks man :)

Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:42 pm

BrianTCB wrote:OMG!!!!!!!! I LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!!!

And if I know you you're doing that thing...every day just doing that thing...I can't take you doing that thing you do...

I'm going to have to watch it at least once over the next few days.

Hi Brian
Yes i also used to watch this movie every week, have it in my DVD collection :)
Always so fun and basically i love every movie about the early sixties, the style, the music, the clothes, the cars, everything...such a great fantastic era
Wish i could live back then ;)
I would release my songs on original '45s and Vinyl albums, and i could sell millions of copies of my 1st single :" BABY I WANT YOU" ;)
here it is if you want to listen:
http://www.onesongworld.com/en/content/osw/221

Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:49 pm

That's cool, never seen it before. Thanks.

Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:02 pm

londonflash wrote:That's cool, never seen it before. Thanks.

Youre Welcome :)
Its a very enjoyable movie , recommend it with all my heart

Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:25 pm

california boy wrote:
rjm wrote:Yes! Part of it was filmed in the legendary Watson's Drugs Store right here in Orange!

rjm

It was filmed in the legendary Watson's Drugs store in Orange ? Cool, i didnt know that ;) thank you for the info

Thanks. :)

You're welcome. The song wss on the Grammys last night, and was a bizarre ode to Forrest Gump. Weirdest thing ever!

rjm
P.S. --
california boy wrote: Thanks, man."

I'm a gal. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:10 am

We have this movie in our DVD collection and my husband and I both love this movie! Such a feel good movie and my husband can totally relate since he's been in bands since he was 16. Tom Hanks was REALLY good in this film! And the song is really a feel good song as well!!

Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:28 am

rjm wrote:
california boy wrote:

rjm

Thanks. :)

You're welcome. The song wss on the Grammys last night, and was a bizarre ode to Forrest Gump. Weirdest thing ever!

rjm
P.S. --

I'm a gal. :)

Ohhh so sorry :oops: :wink: nice to meet you :smt006

Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:31 am

sgoodyear62 wrote:We have this movie in our DVD collection and my husband and I both love this movie! Such a feel good movie and my husband can totally relate since he's been in bands since he was 16. Tom Hanks was REALLY good in this film! And the song is really a feel good song as well!!

Im glad we all share the great joy we had when we watch this classic movie :) :smt006
As a singer / songwriter i also very related to the atmosphire of the movie

Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:15 am

I love that movie. I love the oneders (pronounced o-nee-ders). Lol

Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:23 am

california boy wrote:Anyone here is also a fan of this great entertainment movie and soundtrack ?
I sit right now in a coffee house with my laptop, hearing this song in the backround, really enjoy it
Tom Hanks as the writer and director doin a wonderful job on this movie, also played as the WONDERS manager ;)

"That Thing You Do!" was an unexpectedly wonderful film from Tom Hanks, a warm remembrance of how everything changed after February 9, 1964.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/That_Thing_You_Do!

Did you know the hit title song was by Adam Schlesinger, bassist for Fountains of Wayne and Ivy? Both (real) bands are terrific:

Fountains of Wayne
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fountains_of_Wayne
Ivy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivy_(band)

Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:37 am

california boy wrote:I wonder what is that worst song related to Tom Hanks you heard....;)

rjm is speaking about Frank Ocean performing "Forrest Gump" at the 2013 Grammy Awards last night.

Some people didn't like it.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:54 am

california boy wrote:

rjm wrote:P.S. -- I'm a gal. :)

Ohhh so sorry :oops: :wink: nice to meet you :smt006

No worries. Lotta people do it. (Maybe I should change to a more gender-neutral avatar, but I just love that pose. He looks kinda like I sometimes feel.)

:smt006

drjohncarpenter wrote:
rjm is speaking about Frank Ocean performing "Forrest Gump" at the 2013 Grammy Awards last night.

Some people didn't like it.

Understatement of the millennium. :wink:

rjm

Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:39 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
california boy wrote:Anyone here is also a fan of this great entertainment movie and soundtrack ?

"That Thing You Do!" was an unexpectedly wonderful film from Tom Hanks, a warm remembrance of how everything changed after February 9, 1964.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/That_Thing_You_Do!

Did you know the hit title song was by Adam Schlesinger, bassist for Fountains of Wayne and Ivy? Both (real) bands are terrific:

Fountains of Wayne
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fountains_of_Wayne
Ivy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivy_(band)

Hi John :)
Thank you very much for the interesting info, i didnt know that, great to know ;)
It is a great title song, love it
Thanks again
Lior

Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:27 pm

california boy wrote:Hi John :)
Thank you very much for the interesting info, i didnt know that, great to know ;)
Thanks again
Lior

Check out those bands, you may like them.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:31 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
california boy wrote:Hi John :)
Thanks again
Lior

Check out those bands, you may like them.

Thank you John :) I will check them, ill let you know

Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:04 am

Doc, i did Checked the two bands, really great sound, great music, i do like them :)
Thank you so much my friend
Have a great week
Sincerely
Lior