Off Topic Messages

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:41 pm

Whether you believe in God or not, it's a personal choice. You can't prove it either way.

I, for one, would like to see these sorts of threads removed from the forum.

"Thank you, goodnight and may your God go with you" (Dave Allen).

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:56 pm

Life is probably much easier to get through if you believe in religion (any kind) as you get "answers" to the age old "why am I here?" question.
Myself I can't fathom how people can put any faith in a sentient God, but mankind has always been caught up in the good vs evil theme so I guess religion will persist as long as there are any humans left. There's nothing wrong with the basic idea of what Jesus allegedly preached when he was around, but the whole debacle that's built around it by various holy men in the time since is another matter. But by all means, keep believing if it makes you a better person to have a moral compass stronger than the one within yourself. No harm in that as long as you don't go out of your way to judge others as many religious people seem fit to do. And I'll try not to judge the true believers too hard either ;-)

"If heaven is guilt, no sex and no show, I'm not sure if I really want to go" - "Let My People Go-Go" by The Rainmakers

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:12 pm

londonflash wrote:Whether you believe in God or not, it's a personal choice. You can't prove it either way.

I, for one, would like to see these sorts of threads removed from the forum.

"Thank you, goodnight and may your God go with you" (Dave Allen).



It's an IMPORTANT choice, I'm sorry to say. One day those who don't believe, will be very sorry...

*leaves thread*


(MODS: Please either close this thread or remove it. I was only venting. I didn't want it to turn into a religious discussion even though I do believe that there IS a God and He is the ONLY God).

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:34 pm

Why is it so bad to discuss these things? Are you afraid of something? I think that removing the threads in which these matters are discussed just for the sake of it is completely wrong!

And Tony, if you "know" everything, why do you call them "beliefs"...?

I was in fact trying to encourage you to take responsibility for your own situation instead of relying on your god to provide for you.
But Ok - leave it entirely up to god and report back in 30 years and tell me where it got you.
In the meantime we can sit and feel sorry for eachother.

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:54 pm

HOLY BIBLE

Book of Romans, Chapter 1


Verse 28 - And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge,
God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Verse 29 - Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness;
full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

Verse 30 - Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

Verse 31 - Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Verse 32 - Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same,
but have pleasure in them that do them.

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:10 am

God created man to His image.
So is God kaukasian, a negro, Chinese, Mexican, what?
Just wondering.

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:17 am

.
Last edited by Blue River on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:18 am



Snow White

Snow White: You're Sleepy!
Sleepy: [Yawning] How'd you guess?
Happy: This is Dopey, he don't talk none.
Snow White: You mean he can't talk?
Happy: He don't know, he never tried.


(quotes stolen from imdb)

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:22 am

Was Snow White kaukasian or Caucasian?
Just wondering.

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:26 am

I think she was both.
Oh, and made up.
Just to your liking, I should think.
:)

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:21 am

BrianTCB wrote:You can choose to believe in creationism or religion, but that doesn't give you freedom from the consequences of you murdering your child by using prayer over scientifically proven medication when your child dies from their severe illness. You think God or Jesus is going to deliver you from jail for your belief in prayer? Your belief hasn't given you freedom from the consequences of the law either.


This is a point we both agree on, and movements like the Word of Faith Movement is not real Christianity. The New Testament clearly shows Jesus' miracles were miracles for a reason. There were Doctors back in the 1st century, and while God still performs miracles in the 21st century - one should never not go to a Doctor. Those cults are indeed dangerous.

FVH wrote:Why is it so bad to discuss these things? Are you afraid of something? I think that removing the threads in which these matters are discussed just for the sake of it is completely wrong! And Tony, if you "know" everything, why do you call them "beliefs"...?


I think we all put faith into something. Atheists would have they don't use faith, they use reason - but any form of reason would be an act of faith for how to do really know that reason is really reason? Dr. William Lane Craig argues I think successfully that there was a beginning to the universe. It didn't just come out of nothing, something had to cause it. Unless the creator of the universe is truly real, and truly immortal and was not created - we would have never had a beginning. Because there would always be something that was created in order for the universe to be created.

I was in fact trying to encourage you to take responsibility for your own situation instead of relying on your god to provide for you.


You know - you have a point - to an extent. When I was practicing Transcendental Meditation, I was worshiping a false God and everything you think about the legit God of the universe was true when it came to false religion of Transcendental Meditation. And we are never sitting helpless when it comes to serving Him. We are the salt and the light of the Earth, giving the lost people of the world a glimpse of who Christ was. That is what every Christian should be doing, but I will admit - many won't do it. But the true Christian needs to serve God by showing the peace and love of Christ as he showed towards the women and the poor. Our personal lives mean nothing, in comparison of serving Him - that is how it should be. As Paul the apostle notes, however, the flesh is weak and men want to live for themselves and need to repent daily to God in order for the Spirit to guide them to the lost people that need to be saved.

I will never feel sorry for myself, because once I was saved I realized that God was real and He truly exists. I hear the voices of Satan trying to get me to believe the lie, but the lie is that there is no God. The truth is that there is a God. I will not feel sorry for myself because I don't have a girlfriend or wife -- I will just serve Christ and reach out to the perishing in this world.

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:48 pm

I'm not feeling sorry for myself...it just simply boils down to the fact that I do not and have NEVER handled being single very well at all. I crave that closeness of someone beside me - and it's not because of wanting to be a show-off or anything. I battle loneliness and depression on a daily basis and it's NOT a fun place to be. I may look happy on the outside to certain people but...inside, it's a totally different story.

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:55 pm

I don't understand why people post their personal problems on a public forum like an EP board.
It's here to read by thousands.... and not all have the best intentions.

I'm not judging you Tony, but i don't think it's the right thing to do.
Personal things stays best personal, not in public, by people who don't know you (and sorry to say my friend) have nothing to do with or don't care for it since it's a personal issue for you.

Again, it's not against you Tony, but a way to protect you against yourself and other possible reactions.
______________

Oh yes, i can say to myself that i believe i God, but i'm not a preacher, neither i will try to covert others.
To each their own.

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:36 pm

JohanD wrote:I don't understand why people post their personal problems on a public forum like an EP board.
It's here to read by thousands.... and not all have the best intentions.

I'm not judging you Tony, but i don't think it's the right thing to do.
Personal things stays best personal, not in public, by people who don't know you (and sorry to say my friend) have nothing to do with or don't care for it since it's a personal issue for you.

Again, it's not against you Tony, but a way to protect you against yourself and other possible reactions.
______________

Oh yes, i can say to myself that i believe i God, but i'm not a preacher, neither i will try to covert others.
To each their own.


Agree completely with this and that also applies to Elvis' private life.
Elvis himself never told us about his private life, so why should others?

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:48 pm

I think if Tony feels comfortable sharing/exposing his personal life here in the off-topic section then so be it.

Tony's looking for positive & encouraging feedback. Everyone needs that from time-to-time... and maybe Tony needs it a little more than some others.
Nothing wrong with that.

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:17 pm

Tony Trout wrote:I may look happy on the outside to certain people but...inside, it's a totally different story.[/i][/b]

I wouldn't worry about people getting the wrong idea. You've never come across as anything other than a whining baby on here.

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:36 pm

Tony Trout wrote:I'm not feeling sorry for myself...it just simply boils down to the fact that I do not and have NEVER handled being single very well at all. I crave that closeness of someone beside me - and it's not because of wanting to be a show-off or anything. I battle loneliness and depression on a daily basis and it's NOT a fun place to be. I may look happy on the outside to certain people but...inside, it's a totally different story.


I'm ALL with you there - loneliness sucks big time, and being alone against one's will is not fun at all. And I really hope things turn out well for you soon.
Even if I don't know you, and even if we don't see eye to eye regarding the "big questions" - it hurts me that you are so miserable; it's a very moving read to me, and you are in fact in my thoughts daily.
I totally disagree with the last posters here - I think that it's very good that you want to discuss personal matters on this forum. It's very brave of you, and you have lots of friends here.
Many members here have "known" eachother for years, and to think that one could get comfort out of talking about one's troubles here is only natural.

That line "personal things stays best personal" is horrific.
It's when you're unable to turn to someone with your personal troubles the really big problems come.

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:31 am

zolderopruiming1 wrote:God created man to His image.
So is God kaukasian, a negro, Chinese, Mexican, what?
Just wondering.

You're confused because you're misinterpreting what is being said. "His image" means "His attributes", and thus the immaterial part of man is what was imaged.

Happy to help!

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:13 pm

FVH wrote:
Tony Trout wrote:I'm not feeling sorry for myself...it just simply boils down to the fact that I do not and have NEVER handled being single very well at all. I crave that closeness of someone beside me - and it's not because of wanting to be a show-off or anything. I battle loneliness and depression on a daily basis and it's NOT a fun place to be. I may look happy on the outside to certain people but...inside, it's a totally different story.


I'm ALL with you there - loneliness sucks big time, and being alone against one's will is not fun at all. And I really hope things turn out well for you soon.
Even if I don't know you, and even if we don't see eye to eye regarding the "big questions" - it hurts me that you are so miserable; it's a very moving read to me, and you are in fact in my thoughts daily.
I totally disagree with the last posters here - I think that it's very good that you want to discuss personal matters on this forum. It's very brave of you, and you have lots of friends here.
Many members here have "known" eachother for years, and to think that one could get comfort out of talking about one's troubles here is only natural.

That line "personal things stays best personal" is horrific.
It's when you're unable to turn to someone with your personal troubles the really big problems come.


Absolutely. This is a community. It wouldn't be one without trust. The trust that allows people to share. It's what makes this so much better than monolithic social media.

rjm

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:53 pm

rjm wrote:
FVH wrote:
Tony Trout wrote:I'm not feeling sorry for myself...it just simply boils down to the fact that I do not and have NEVER handled being single very well at all. I crave that closeness of someone beside me - and it's not because of wanting to be a show-off or anything. I battle loneliness and depression on a daily basis and it's NOT a fun place to be. I may look happy on the outside to certain people but...inside, it's a totally different story.


I'm ALL with you there - loneliness sucks big time, and being alone against one's will is not fun at all. And I really hope things turn out well for you soon.
Even if I don't know you, and even if we don't see eye to eye regarding the "big questions" - it hurts me that you are so miserable; it's a very moving read to me, and you are in fact in my thoughts daily.
I totally disagree with the last posters here - I think that it's very good that you want to discuss personal matters on this forum. It's very brave of you, and you have lots of friends here.
Many members here have "known" eachother for years, and to think that one could get comfort out of talking about one's troubles here is only natural.

That line "personal things stays best personal" is horrific.
It's when you're unable to turn to someone with your personal troubles the really big problems come.


Absolutely. This is a community. It wouldn't be one without trust. The trust that allows people to share. It's what makes this so much better than monolithic social media.

rjm


Once again in agreement here, rjm.

Although I wouldn't want to share any problems on here, if Tony feels it will help him, even if it's just letting off steam, good for him.

That some of you are so unsympathetic to him speaks volumes about you as people.

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:11 pm

It's not being unsympathetic Londonflash, not at all.

It's obvious that Tony has a personal problem in his environment.

And like i written before
on a public forum.
It's here to read by thousands.... and not all have the best intentions.


Imagine if that ex-fiancee reads all of this...

Internet is not the real world, we have "friends" over the net, but i have far more and dearer friends in real life.
And some i have met on the internet, but know now in real life.
Family,friends and real people around can help Tony more than all of us combined here, i think.

And FVH, why is this horrific as you said?
That line "personal things stays best personal" is horrific.

It's the real world out there, my personal problems are my personal problems, and i can share them with people around me, not on the net for everyone to see, and sometimes make a joke out of it.

Tony, i feel for you, but life goes on...time to take in in your own hands again, go out, the sun will shine there.

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:48 pm

JohanD wrote:And FVH, why is this horrific as you said?
That line "personal things stays best personal" is horrific.

It's the real world out there, my personal problems are my personal problems, and i can share them with people around me, not on the net for everyone to see, and sometimes make a joke out of it.


I believe I explained it quite well in the senctences after that one.
If you share your problems with people around you they are not so personal anymore, are they?
You've gone public, although on a much smaller scale than putting it on the web for everyone to see.

We don't know what Tony's social network consists of. From what I've read in his posts, it unfortunately seems to me that it leaves a thing or two to be desired.
I therefore choose to be compassionate enough to realize that he maybe needs this; that this forum is a good place for him to share his troubles and hopefully get support.
I'm not at all able to meet him on his beliefs, but I choose to support him in this matter - and I give him all the credit I can for being brave enough to come forward here.

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:52 am

JohanD wrote:Agree completely with this and that also applies to Elvis' private life.
Elvis himself never told us about his private life, so why should others?

You are joking, right? What has Elvis to do with Tony's personal life? Elvis was Elvis, Tony is Tony, and if he feels better by sharing his problems here on this off-topic section it must be a good thing.

And, Tony, hang in there. Time always heals broken hearts. Try to focus on stuff that bring a smile on your face, do basically anything that makes you happy. Trust me, she is not worth it, no girl or woman is.
drjohncarpenter wrote:Remember there are billions of girls on this planet, and you will meet another who will make you happy IF you present your best self to the world each day. Use your faith to keep steady, and stay strong. Most every guy has gone through this -- and it sucks! But time, and a positive outlook, will yield dividends. Trust me, I have been there.

I agree!

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:03 am

Er.....I thought this thread was about to die a quick death.

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:27 am

KHoots wrote:Er.....I thought this thread was about to die a quick death.

Please look away... before you turn into a pillar of salt.