Elvii's on Letterman -- All Week

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator1, Moderator2

Re: Elvii's on Letterman -- All Week

Postby eligain » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:34 am

Dave had Elvis impersonator Tony Roi on Late Night in the 1987 when they were in Vegas.

Elvis, James the drifter and Dave:

phpBB [video]

Tony Roi:

phpBB [video]

eligain

Postby ian » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:06 am

The first video was a lot of fun, I just hope that everything turned out well for The Drifter! And the second video, he does a good job singing, but like is the norm with ETA's, the movements go way, way, way over the top, and they don't know when to stop! 8)
Last edited by ian on Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
ian"elvis"anderson
ian

Postby eligain » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:23 am

ian wrote:
eligain wrote:Shaun Klush is annoying the way he continues to act like Elvis off stage. He did sort of resemble Elvis from afar and had many of his mannerisms down pat but now his plastic surgery makes him look like Pee Wee Herman in the face, not that I care. I would never go to one of his shows. I do think he thinks he is Elvis reincarnate. He made Joe Esposito cry on the that BBC World's Greatest Elvis contest show and won it.

phpBB [video]

This makes my teeth hurt!

His other problem is he presents Elvis at his worst; (The Elvis with the mugging and fooling around on stage like Elvis started doing in the latter 70's).

Another one who made himself look even more ridicules with the plastic surgery is Doug Church.

Don't compare Elvis being his own natural self to this, what a B.S. comment!!!!! :roll: :wtf:

I wasn't comparing Elvis to this. Klush presents the Elvis that put on the not so good shows. (Elvis at his worst) instead of portraying Elvis at his best in the 70's.
eligain

ETA's On David Letterman

Postby steve in SC » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:42 am

Letterman had ETA's on all this week. Saw Shawn Klush last night and tonight he had Ben Portsmouth, this year's winner. Not a big ETA fan but anything to keep Elvis' name out there I guess.
steve in SC

Postby Greybeard » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:47 am

After seeing all the performances I am most impressed with the musicians and singers on stage - all orchestrated by Paul Shaffer...the recreation of the arrangements and sounds of an Elvis performance were top notch by everyone not in jumpsuits or Elvis costumes.

Paul had most everything on target- right down to the hand claps on HOUND DOG- a bit of the track normally un noticed by most who try to re create it. The later 70's stuff was nearly spot on too!

Congrats to Paul Shaffer on this one...clearly the best of the week.
Greybeard
Greybeard

Postby eligain » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:41 am

ian wrote:The first video was a lot of fun, I just hope that everything turned out well for The Drifter! And the second video, he does a good job singing, but like is the norm with ETA's, the movements go way, way, way over the top, and they don't know when to stop! 8)

Dave kept in phone correspondence with James the drifter for several months:

phpBB [video]

eligain

Postby eligain » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:54 am

The final ETA:

phpBB [video]

eligain

Postby ian » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:14 am

eligain wrote:
ian wrote:The first video was a lot of fun, I just hope that everything turned out well for The Drifter! And the second video, he does a good job singing, but like is the norm with ETA's, the movements go way, way, way over the top, and they don't know when to stop! 8)

phpBB [video]

Thank's a lot for posting this!!! These skits are so funny and entertaining to watch, and the times that he used to go to peoples houses and the hilarious episodes with Larry "Bud" Melman etc., etc.!!!! 8)
ian"elvis"anderson
ian

Postby eligain » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:31 am

ian wrote:
eligain wrote:

phpBB [video]

Thank's a lot for posting this!!! These skits are so funny and entertaining to watch, and the times that he used to go to peoples houses and the hilarious episodes with Larry "Bud" Melman etc., etc.!!!! 8)

There's a lot of great clips of Late Night with Dave from the 80's on youtube. I never missed an episode!
eligain

Postby eligain » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:34 am

eligain wrote:Dave had Elvis impersonator Tony Roi on Late Night in the 1987 when they were in Vegas.

phpBB [video]

Tony Roi:

phpBB [video]

Tony Roi in more recent years. Interesting take on Elvis. Interesting suit. He's now more like a cross between Tom Jones and Elvis.
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

eligain

Postby Jokerlola » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:02 pm

eligain wrote:The final ETA:

phpBB [video]

Dave went crazy for this at the end. He really enjoyed his Elvis week. The audiences all really liked it too. No matter how you feel about ETA's I think this was good for our man.
Jokerlola

Postby Jokerlola » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:31 pm

eligain wrote:
eligain wrote:Dave had Elvis impersonator Tony Roi on Late Night in the 1987 when they were in Vegas.

phpBB [video]

Tony Roi:

phpBB [video]

Tony Roi in more recent years. Interesting take on Elvis. Interesting suit. He's now more like a cross between Tom Jones and Elvis.
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Dave should have had Tony Roi on as a sort of reunion. Tony has changed his act a lot. He is more Tom Jones than Elvis now. Like his suits except they need some kind of belt.

Here's some interesting clips of Cody Slaughter I found:

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Jokerlola

Postby TCB-FAN » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:15 am

eligain wrote:The final ETA

Would'nt that be nice for a change......no more ETA's on the planet. The "finality" of ETA's would be a dream come true for many.
"If The Songs Don't Go Over With The Crowd, We Can Always Do A Medley Of Costumes."

Elvis A. Presley, 1970
TCB-FAN

Postby Jokerlola » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:29 am

eligain wrote:Tonight it's Shaun Klush. Looks like he's had some horrid plastic surgery (nose job, eye job, face lift?) He ruined what ever little resemblance he had to Elvis. Face looks all F'd up.

phpBB [video]

Is there something fattening about being Elvis? Elvis got fat and most ETA's get fat eventually.
Jokerlola

Postby TCB-FAN » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:08 pm

eligain wrote:Tonight it's Shaun Klush. Looks like he's had some horrid plastic surgery (nose job, eye job, face lift?) He ruined what ever little resemblance he had to Elvis. Face looks all F'd up.

I would've liked him more if he wore a freakin' mask and called himself "Orion".
"If The Songs Don't Go Over With The Crowd, We Can Always Do A Medley Of Costumes."

Elvis A. Presley, 1970
TCB-FAN

Postby ian » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:30 am

Jokerlola wrote:

phpBB [video]

Is there something fattening about being Elvis? Elvis got fat and most ETA's get fat eventually.

Elvis may have gained a little bit of weight, but he was still Elvis!!!!! 8)
ian"elvis"anderson
ian

Previous

Return to Off Topic