Off Topic Messages

BURGER KING ALERT ! ! !

Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:13 pm

Burger King restaurants have admitted that they use horse meat in their burgers. :wtf:
GROSS ! ! !
What do they call them now ?

THE MISTER ED BURGER :smt019

Re: BURGER KING ALERT ! ! !

Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:27 am

Well, at least horse meat has less half the cholesterol of beef and more omega-3 :D

Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:37 am

They have admitted that a supplier was providing meat with traces of horse DNA, in breach of their contract, and that the supplier is no longer used. Your wording did kind of sound like it was done on purpose and they were found out.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:58 am

TJ wrote:They have admitted that a supplier was providing meat with traces of horse DNA, in breach of their contract, and that the supplier is no longer used. Your wording did kind of sound like it was done on purpose and they were found out.

The wording was accusatory, and unfair. Also, only Burger King franchises in the U.K. were affected.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:17 am

But do they still sell pink slime? (McDonalds's stopped doing that.) I don't eat that stuff anymore, anyway.

rjm

Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:29 pm

Have it your way, have it your way,
have it your way at Burger King.

Even if it's horse it taste good.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:44 pm

So next time im in Burger King and they ask me what I want on my Burger, I'm gonna say a fiver each way please !

I think its disgusting.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:14 pm

EOTTM wrote:HEEEEEHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

HAWWWWWWWWWWWW !

Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:16 pm

In all seriousness, I've quit eating at fast food joints years ago as part of my diet regimen. I make my own healthy food at home. So glad I chose that route.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:20 pm

Dan_T wrote:So next time im in Burger King and they ask me what I want on my Burger, I'm gonna say a fiver each way please !

I think its disgusting.

Why is it disgusting? Did anyone who ate the burgers complain that they tasted funny? Has anyone, at any point, claimed that there was any danger to health? It's not like they contained horse manure, they contained traces of horse meat. Why is it OK to slaughter a living cow, mince up its flesh and cook it, but it isn't OK to do the same with a horse?

Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:34 pm

What do customers expect when they got to eat in places like that?

These type of places are for junk food junkies.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:53 pm

I had one recently it gave me the trots...

Geoff

Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:14 am

I had one for lunch recently and on the way back to work popped into a shop to be met with the headline "Shergar King" atop the Sun newspaper.

Made me laugh all afternoon.

XL bacon double cheese, please, in the 13:30 at Wincanton.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:47 am

The Pirate wrote:
Dan_T wrote:So next time im in Burger King and they ask me what I want on my Burger, I'm gonna say a fiver each way please !

I think its disgusting.

Why is it disgusting?

Because it's junk meat, horse or whatever.

The Pirate wrote:Did anyone who ate the burgers complain that they tasted funny?

That stuff usually tastes funny!

The Pirate wrote: Has anyone, at any point, claimed that there was any danger to health?

Yes! Over the past several years.

The Pirate wrote: It's not like they contained horse manure, they contained traces of horse meat.

Fast food burgers have contained deadly E-Coli bacteria. Which is . . . what it is.

The Pirate wrote:Why is it OK to slaughter a living cow, mince up its flesh and cook it, but it isn't OK to do the same with a horse?

Well, for one thing, cattle are born for that purpose. Most of those cattle would not have even lived if not for food. But, still, it's garbage. People should question where their food comes from. At least a little bit.

Last time I ate at Mickey Dees, I barfed. That was it.

rjm

Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:24 pm

rjm wrote:Fast food burgers have contained deadly E-Coli bacteria. Which is . . . what it is.

With millions of burgers sold daily across thousands of establishments, it's inevitable that some food poisoning incidents will occur. It's not just fast food places either.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:19 pm

I had a Bacon Double Cheeseburger from BK on the way home from the pub on Saturday night..
It was mmm good. Horse or no horse!

:D

Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:19 pm

rjm wrote:
The Pirate wrote:

I think its disgusting.

Why is it disgusting?

The Pirate wrote:Did anyone who ate the burgers complain that they tasted funny?

The Pirate wrote: Has anyone, at any point, claimed that there was any danger to health?

The Pirate wrote: It's not like they contained horse manure, they contained traces of horse meat.

Fast food burgers have contained deadly E-Coli bacteria. Which is . . . what it is.

The Pirate wrote:Why is it OK to slaughter a living cow, mince up its flesh and cook it, but it isn't OK to do the same with a horse?

Well, for one thing, cattle are born for that purpose. Most of those cattle would not have even lived if not for food. But, still, it's garbage. People should question where their food comes from. At least a little bit.

rjm

You don't like fast food. I get it. You couldn't just say it, you had to waffle on like you always do, but I get it. However, that has nothing to do with the fact that horse meat is no different than beef or pork, in fact it's probably better for you.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:55 pm

No need to thanks me, guys, just enjoy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:15 am

The Pirate wrote:
rjm wrote:
The Pirate wrote:

I think its disgusting.

Why is it disgusting?

rjm

You don't like fast food. I get it. You couldn't just say it, you had to waffle on like you always do, but I get it. However, that has nothing to do with the fact that horse meat is no different than beef or pork, in fact it's probably better for you.

No, I don't like fast food. Didn't think I waffled! LOL! Anyway, I was just having a bit of fun.

I used to eat that stuff all the time. (Even did a lot of time at The Waffle House!)

I suppose you could argue that "horse" would be a step up. ;)

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:23 pm

two friends are eating at Burger King and here's their conversation:

guy #1 : So...how's your burger?
guy #2 : This tastes like something that might have won the first race at Santa Anita last week?
guy #1 : Awwww!....who told you?
guy #1 : Hey do you still play the lottery?
guy #2 : Sure do! But i never win. I need a horseshoe for good luck.
guy #1 : here....rub my Whopper instead.
guy #2 : How will that bring me luck?
guy #1 : ....because my burger used to be attached to a horseshoe! :smt005

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:45 pm

elvisbot wrote:two friends are eating at Burger King and here's their conversation:

guy #1 : So...how's your burger?
guy #2 : This tastes like something that might have won the first race at Santa Anita last week?
guy #1 : Awwww!....who told you?
guy #1 : Hey do you still play the lottery?
guy #2 : Sure do! But i never win. I need a horseshoe for good luck.
guy #1 : here....rub my Whopper instead.
guy #2 : How will that bring me luck?
guy #1 : ....because my burger used to be attached to a horseshoe! :smt005

Lol ... 'Rub my whopper'.

Sent via Tapatalk

Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:21 am

I should have went to Burger King.
McDonald's shorted me the cheese
on my 1/4 pound cheeseburger today.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:19 am

A horse! a horse! My burger for a horse!... Richard III

Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:29 pm

I've always prefered Wendys anyway.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:48 pm

javilu wrote:I've always prefered Wendys anyway.

Wendy's "Hot and Juicy" does it every time. I seldom do fast food, but I have always enjoyed a burger from Burger King.

Regardless of what animal is on the menu for the day.