Off Topic Messages

Dr. Nick also in hospital

Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:31 am

Dr. Nick in hospital

Dr. Nick is also in the hospital right now. He can no longer walk after three botched attempts at surgery on his hip. He's okay in himself, but not being able to get around is bothering him somewhat. Andrew Hearn just called him in an attempt to cheer him up and during their conversation he told him that Red West was also in hospital. Dr. Nick asked what was wrong with him and Andrew said that there seems to be a problem with his heart. As quick as a flash Dr. Nick replied, "I didn't know Red had a heart!"

Re: Dr. Nick also in hospital

Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:47 am

So, the doctor needs a doctor.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:05 pm

sad news... as George Klein said... under DR Nick's care Elvis seemed better-more consistantly 'well' getting older sucks big time!~ :x

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:15 pm

the man that helpd Elvis kill himself ... ahhhh can we move this to OFF TOPIC

JEFF d
EP fan

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:00 pm

why ?

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:02 pm

Dr. Nick has my best wishes.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:04 pm

I have no sympathy for neither Colonel Parker or Dr. Nick. Both used Elvis for their own enrichment. Enough said.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:27 pm

Now...we're starting to care about the guy who KILLED Elvis ? ? ?

:wtf:

i couldn't feel sorry for this guy even if you paid me to.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:45 pm

elvisbot wrote:Now...we're starting to care about the guy who KILLED Elvis ? ? ?

You mean Elvis? Yes, I care. Always will.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:12 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:I have no sympathy for neither Colonel Parker or Dr. Nick. Both used Elvis for their own enrichment. Enough said.

I second this 100%..

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:51 pm

Doc, take some pills. Should help 8)

Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:34 pm

Who gives a sh*t!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:01 pm

elvisbot wrote:Now...we're starting to care about the guy who KILLED Elvis ? ? ?

Elvis mostly killed Elvis. Get real. He was an pill addict (and maybe other things) who didnt seek help to get better. Dr Nick was no saint, but he wasnt the main culprit. In fact, I would say The Col did more to kill Elvis by basically killing his career, but in the end, it was Elvis who is mostly at fault here.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:07 pm

r&b wrote:

Elvis mostly killed Elvis. Get real. He was an pill addict (and maybe other things) who didnt seek help to get better. Dr Nick was no saint, but he wasnt the main culprit. In fact, I would say The Col did more to kill Elvis by basically killing his career, but in the end, it was Elvis who is mostly at fault here.

Well said.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:16 pm

mysterytrainrideson wrote:
r&b wrote:

Well said.

Very rare someone agrees with me on this forum! One thing that always stuck in my mind is when the Col (after being told by that Elvis was barely able to stand), said nothing else matters except that he is on that stage in a hour. What a human being! Vernon also. Being the elder gentleman and looking after Elvis all these years, you would think they would have forced an intervention or at least shut him down for a year. But no, the money was far too important for the dear old Col. To me, he is the biggest villain in the Elvis Presley saga, bar none. Dr Nick was only doing what Elvis asked him to do. I'm not saying he was right, but the Col didnt give a rats ass at all.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:39 pm

r&b wrote:
mysterytrainrideson wrote:
r&b wrote:

Well said.

Very rare someone agrees with me on this forum! One thing that always stuck in my mind is when the Col (after being told by that Elvis was barely able to stand), said nothing else matters except that he is on that stage in a hour. What a human being! Vernon also. Being the elder gentleman and looking after Elvis all these years, you would think they would have forced an intervention or at least shut him down for a year. But no, the money was far too important for the dear old Col. To me, he is the biggest villain in the Elvis Presley saga, bar none. Dr Nick was only doing what Elvis asked him to do. I'm not saying he was right, but the Col didnt give a rats ass at all.

Well said again. The Colonel didn't give a sh*t...he wasn't interested in Elvis as a person, his only happiness in life was money. The incident you've just said about "Elvis was barely able to stand" i remember reading that...this says a lot about Parker!

Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:07 am

mysterytrainrideson wrote:Who gives a sh*t!!!!!!!!

My thoughts exactly.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:33 am

r&b wrote: One thing that always stuck in my mind is when the Col (after being told by that Elvis was barely able to stand), said nothing else matters except that he is on that stage in a hour. What a human being!

Do I dare take up for the Col.?

From his point of view, he was probably tired of Elvis being stoned out of his mind.
And was probably embarrassed how Elvis was making them look. He knew the end
was near, not necessarily Elvis' death but the end of his and Elvis career. After the
amount of time they'd been together, I imagine he was just sick and tired of Elvis.

That said, I agree with most of you on your feelings about the Col. and Dr. Nick.
Though I wish whomever's left with us the best of health. From Dr. Nick to the Memphis
Mafia and Elvis' band. I guess we're getting to the years that we'll be losing many of
them.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:17 am

It's a tough thing when someone you really, really don't like much, is suffering. I don't mean someone with whom you've had an argument, or suchlike. I mean someone who really did some BAD things about which you deeply care. The type of person about whom, in the past, you've said "I wouldn't (you know) if he was on fire!" But then, at some point, he's "on fire," and you feel like you should be magnanimous.

I can't necessarily do that; it would be hypocritical in such a case. I don't wish him ill; but I'm not gonna lose sleep over his suffering, either. I mean, it depends on what the person did. (And to be honest about it, yes it does matter to whom he did it.) Look, I can feel bad for almost anyone - but there are certain limits beyond which it would be totally hypocritical, for me, anyway. Nick crossed those limits a long, long time ago.

Elvis was a drug addict, yes - this does not absolve his dealers. His remark about Red shows his charm.

rjm

Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:28 pm

I'm not taking sides here...well, maybe I am...but, the reply from Nick about Red was nothing short of a cold-hearted and broken man. I wouldn't have said that about MY worst enemy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:12 am

I missed that, Tony. What did Dr. Nick say about Red?

Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:33 am

KHoots wrote:I missed that, Tony. What did Dr. Nick say about Red?

During our conversation I told him that Red West was also in hospital. He asked what was wrong with him and I said that there seems to be a problem with his heart. As quick as a flash Dr. Nick jokingly replied, "I didn't know Red had a heart!" Sharp as a tack!

I think that this is what they are referring to. It just seems like a harmless joke, as Red wasn't always a lovable little Teddy Bear! 8)