Go 49ers!

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Mitch
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Go 49ers!

Post by Mitch »

My Son is a huge Niner fan and his team just made the Superbowl.

He is very happy. :)

My team didn't even make the playoffs so I am jumping on his team's bandwagon.

I'm sure that the Doc is also a 49er fan.

This might be a great year for you John.

Good luck to the Niners!!!!

::rocks

Pete Dube

Re: Go 49ers!

Post by Pete Dube »

I was rooting for the Falcons but I'd like to say congratulations to the 49ers fans. Especially Doc. I was a niners fan back when Joe Montana (bow your heads at the mention of The Name you unworthy curs) was QB. :D

iplayastrat
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by iplayastrat »

Mitch wrote:My Son is a huge Niner fan and his team just made the Superbowl.

Is he the "guy" in that commercial?

For me it's two teams I couldn't care less about.
The only thing worse would be if the Steelers
were there.

As much as I like Ray Lewis, I got a little tired
of his shtick. It's one more game for Ray Ray,
either way.

Good luck to your teams gals and guys. And
here's hoping that the Miami Dolphins make
the playoffs next year.

We already know who's going to win the BCS.

My escape from society continues...

EPA4368
Registered for: 13 years 7 months

Post by EPA4368 »

Giants won the World Series. Now 49ers going to Super Bowl after beating Atlanta Falcons.

Go 49ers!

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Mitch wrote:My Son is a huge Niner fan and his team just made the Superbowl.

My team didn't even make the playoffs so I am jumping on his team's bandwagon.

I'm sure that the Doc is also a 49er fan.

This might be a great year for you John.

Good luck to the Niners!!!!

What a nice post. I didn't realize your son was such an smart young man ;-)

The 49ers played a heart-stopping second half of football, and emerged victorious. Everyone out here is euphoric ... and relieved, especially me. It was the biggest comeback victory in an NFC championship game!

Quarterback Colin Kaepernick beat the Falcons with his arm this game, not what they expected at all. As someone wrote, his effort was easily in his top ten all-time starts, especially considering it was only his ninth game as a starter. ;-)

Here's the AP report on the game:
San Francisco 49ers head to Super Bowl, beating Atlanta Falcons, 28-24
By The Associated Press, Sunday, January 20, 2013

ATLANTA -- Frank Gore ran for a pair of second-half touchdowns and the 49ers rebounded from a 17-0 deficit to beat the Atlanta Falcons 28-24 in the NFC championship game Sunday, sending San Francisco to the Super Bowl for the first time since 1995.

130121_Colin Kaepernick_49ers.JPG
San Francisco 49ers' quarterback Colin Kaepernick passes during the first half of the NFL football NFC Championship game against the Atlanta Falcons Sunday, Jan. 20, 2013, in Atlanta.
AP Photo/John Bazemore

The top-seeded Falcons (14-4) tried to pull out another season-saving drive at the end, but Matt Ryan's fourth-down pass for Roddy White with 1:13 remaining was knocked down by San Francisco linebacker NaVorro Bowman.

The 49ers (13-4-1) will meet the winner of the AFC title game between New England and Baltimore. San Francisco will be trying to join Pittsburgh as the only teams with six Super Bowl championships.

The victory was sweet redemption for the 49ers, who lost an overtime thriller to the New York Giants a year ago in the NFC title game.

The 49ers pulled off the biggest comeback victory in an NFC championship game, according to STATS. The previous NFC record was 13 points -- Atlanta's victory over Minnesota in the 1999 title game, which sent the Falcons to what remains the only Super Bowl in franchise history.

In the AFC, the record is 18 points, when Indianapolis rallied New England in 2007.

Gore's 9-yard run midway through the fourth quarter completed the comeback from a 17-0 first-half deficit. The run came at the end of a short 38-yard drive set up by Ted Ginn Jr.'s 20-yard punt return.

Gore had a 5-yard touchdown run to cap an 82-yard drive to open the second half.

The high-scoring pace of the first half continued as the 49ers began their run of points. Colin Kaepernick had passes of 21 and 17 yards to Randy Moss in the drive. The 17-yarder moved the 49ers to the Falcons 5, setting up Gore's scoring run.

Matt Ryan threw three touchdown passes in the first half, including a 10-yard toss to Tony Gonzalez with 25 seconds remaining in the half. The score answered San Francisco's two straight touchdowns as Atlanta led 24-14 at halftime.

Ryan also threw touchdown passes of 20 and 46 yards to Julio Jones.

Ryan was hurt by two third-quarter turnovers. His pass for Roddy White was intercepted by cornerback Chris Culliver early in the third quarter. The 49ers couldn't take advantage of the game's first turnover when David Akers' try for a 38-yard field goal hit the left upright.

Later in the third quarter, Ryan fumbled a shotgun snap. Again the 49ers were denied when receiver Michael Crabtree fumbled at the goal line when stripped by Dunta Robinson. William Moore helped on the hit and Stephen Nicholas was credited with the recovery.

The Falcons led 17-0 following Ryan's 20-yard touchdown pass to Jones on the first play of the second quarter.

Kaepernick threw a 4-yard scoring pass to tight end Vernon Davis and LaMichael James had a 15-yard touchdown run as the 49ers charged back.

Trailing 17-0, the 49ers answered with a long drive that consumed almost 7 minutes. The drive began with four straight runs by Gore.

On third-and-7 from the Falcons 42, Kaepernick completed a 27-yard pass to Davis to the 15. Following an incomplete pass on first down, James ran right behind a block by Davis for the touchdown.

The 49ers then went on an 82-yard touchdown drive. Big plays included Kaepernick's 19-yard pass to Davis and a 23-yard run by the dual-threat quarterback.

Falcons linebacker Nicholas helped the 49ers with a 15-yard penalty for unnecessary roughness.

On first down from the Falcons 4, Kaepernick rolled right before throwing to Davis for the touchdown.

Ryan opened the game with three straight scoring drives, including two touchdown passes to Jones. Ryan capped the Falcons' opening drive with a 46-yard touchdown pass to Jones.

Matt Bryant's 35-yard field goal capped the Falcons' second drive.

Ryan moved the Falcons 80 yards on seven plays on Atlanta's opening drive. Ryan completed passes of 13 yards to Jones and 16 yards to White on the drive.

On second-and-9 from the 49ers 46, Ryan faked a handoff to Jacquizz Rodgers. San Francisco safety Dashon Goldson bit on the fake, allowing Jones to run past Goldson. Jones was open for the deep pass as safety Donte Whitner trailed on the play.

Ryan completed a 27-yard pass to Jones to set up Bryant's field goal to end the Falcons' second drive. Jones beat Goldson on the catch.

On the first play of the second quarter, Ryan threw to Jones in the left corner of the end zone. Jones was closely covered by 49ers cornerback Tarell Brown. Jones made the catch over Brown and then looked down as he made sure he touched the end zone with both feet.

Jones' second foot was close to the back of the end zone, but the officials' review confirmed the touchdown.

Ryan completed 18 of 24 passes for 271 yards and three touchdowns in the half. Jones had seven catches for 135 yards and two touchdowns.

The Falcons had a strong start for the second straight week of the postseason. They led Seattle 20-0 at halftime in last week's divisional playoff game and lost the lead before winning 30-28.

One more game -- and extremely nervous me -- to go!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

rlj4ep
Registered for: 19 years 6 months
Mood:

Post by rlj4ep »

Have been a 49er fan all of my life (going back to the days when John Brodie was the quarterback!). I can wear my 1988 SF gold jacket and my Jerry Rice signed jersey proudly!!!! Go Niners!!!!

rlj

rlj4ep
Mood:

Post by rlj4ep »

It must be exciting out there, DOC! The Giants and now the Niners in the same year! Lucky you.

rlj

drjohncarpenter

rlj4ep wrote:It must be exciting out there, DOC! The Giants and now the Niners in the same year! Lucky you.

rlj
In two weeks I may have my trifecta.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

iplayastrat

Post by iplayastrat »

Maybe 52 will KO #7.

drjohncarpenter

iplayastrat wrote:Maybe 52 will KO #7.
Actually, Baltimore quarterback Joe Flacco wears #5, but you are correct: if he runs anywhere near San Francisco All-Pro linebacker Patrick Willis (#52), he will likely be flattened. ;-)

130112_Patrick Willis_49ers.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

memphisound
Banned - Previously Banned Member Who Returned.
Banned - Previously Banned Member Who Returned.
Registered for: 12 years 1 month

Post by memphisound »

It is nice too see Pro franchises such as the 49ers, the Giants, and the (NBA teams) LA Clippers and others doing great now.

Those teams have had very bad results the last serveral years til here recently and its a nice change of pace. I saw the 49ers QB lastnight on ESPN interview, and he sounds like a well rounded guy and he is a serious monster of an athlete who can throw the ball and run just aswell.

I wish them the best of luck and they will have my support come the superbowl.

Must be a great time to live in the "bay" area out West! ::rocks

PREVIOUSLY BANNED MEMBER "BRADM".

Rob

Post by Rob »

Well, the Giants took the World Series.

The 49ers may as well take it on home, too.

EPA4368

Post by EPA4368 »

What do Brees, Brady, Rodgers, and Matt Ryan all have in common? They are all elite QBs that Kaepernick has beaten on his way to Super Bowl XLVII.

When Harbaugh decided to bench Smith after he recovered from a concussion and to elevate Kaepernick to the starting job, many proclaimed that anything less than a SB berth would be evidence that Harbaugh made the wrong decision. Under that standard, Harbaugh knocked it out of the park.

I like Smith but he had his time, just couldn’t pull the trigger and fire start the team like Kaepernick.

The most amazing thing is how far the 49ers have come in two years under Harbaugh and look where they are now. Singletary had his chance, failed as the head coach. As a Bears fan I only hope that the Bear’s coaching change at the top will produce half of those results in 5 years. Also a Cubs fan too but that's a Whole Lotta Theories Going On there.

Super Bowl XLVII is stacking up to be pretty close but I see 49ers hoisting their Sixth Lombardi!

rlj4ep
Mood:

Post by rlj4ep »

EPA4368 wrote:What do Brees, Brady, Rodgers, and Matt Ryan all have in common? They are all elite QBs that Kaepernick has beaten on his way to Super Bowl XLVII.

When Harbaugh decided to bench Smith after he recovered from a concussion and to elevate Kaepernick to the starting job, many proclaimed that anything less than a SB berth would be evidence that Harbaugh made the wrong decision. Under that standard, Harbaugh knocked it out of the park.

I like Smith but he had his time, just couldn’t pull the trigger and fire start the team like Kaepernick.

The most amazing thing is how far the 49ers have come in two years under Harbaugh and look where they are now. Singletary had his chance, failed as the head coach. As a Bears fan I only hope that the Bear’s coaching change at the top will produce half of those results in 5 years. Also a Cubs fan too but that's a Whole Lotta Theories Going On there.

Super Bowl XLVII is stacking up to be pretty close but I see 49ers hoisting their Sixth Lombardi!
EXCELLENT post!! As a life long Niners fan, I hope you are correct,

rlj

drjohncarpenter

My fingers and toes are already crossed!!

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

elvis-fan

Post by elvis-fan »

Jesus Doc... what are they putting in the water down there???

drjohncarpenter

elvis-fan wrote:Jesus Doc... what are they putting in the water down there???
Just Doc is fine. ;-)

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

elvis-fan

Post by elvis-fan »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
elvis-fan wrote:Jesus Doc... what are they putting in the water down there???
Just Doc is fine. ;-)
lol

EPA4368

Post by EPA4368 »

Many predicting a close game but looks like predictions are favoring the 49ers!

"In a game that should keep our attention for 60 minutes, Lewis' dream retirement instead turns into the capper of Kaepernick's incredible journey. In the end, the 49ers go a perfect 6-for-6 in Super Bowls, joining baseball's Giants atop the sports world." Bill Williamson ESPN

Go 49ers!

rlj4ep
Mood:

Post by rlj4ep »

Less than 24 hours until the Niners capture Lombardi Trophy #6!!!!! :smt041

rlj

drjohncarpenter

You're making me nervous!

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

iplayastrat

Post by iplayastrat »

No butterflies for me today.
I just hope for a great game.

49ers - 17
Ravens - 24

Go AFC!!!

Topic author
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

49er's can NOT turn the ball over and expect to win this game!

COME ON!!

Topic author
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

CRAP!!!!!

Ravens 14 49ers 3 2nd QT :facep: :(

Topic author
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

ANOTHER turn over!!!!

It's not looking good. :(

Fake Field Goal........Yes! They got stopped one yard short!

Still 14 to 3 Ravens.......could of been worse.

Now we need to score before half and get regrouped!!!

LET"S GO NINERS!!!! Whoo-Hoo