Go 49ers!

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

rjm
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Re: Go 49ers!

Post by rjm »

Well, I had some pizza, kinda "enjoyed" the odd power failure (the Ravens' coach was screaming at a league official, apparently), and did notice the holding that wasn't called. Remarkable comeback by San Fran. But, bad calls happen.

As for me, MY team won about 10,000 years ago. :(

Maybe someday . . . before I leave this mortal coil . . . But I doubt it.

rjm

"And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God."
Aeschylus

"Treat me mean and cruel, treat me like a fool, but love me!"

My Tumblr blog: https://robinmark64.tumblr.com/

https://www.youtube.com/user/robinmark64

KHoots
Registered for: 21 years

Post by KHoots »

Mitch wrote:But that doesn't take away from the fact that the holding should have been called. It changed the outcome of the game.
Nah, it didn't. Short of a felony mugging, they're not going to make that call at that juncture. That kind of stuff happens on every play, and both players were wrestling for position. No call necessary, and I was pulling for Jim to win. Not a huge fan of either team, but I would've liked to see the Niners win.

Rob

Post by Rob »

Mitch wrote:It changed the outcome of the game.
The outcome of the game would have been changed if the 49ers would have showed up to play during the first half. The power outage was more exiting than watching them them during the first two quarters.

And Beyonce certainly was.

ian
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by ian »

Mitch wrote:
ian wrote:
Mitch wrote:It was a great game.

I hate the fact that a bad call at the end of the game cost one team the championship.

That was holding and it should have been called.

It would have been first and goal at the one yard line.

Niners would have scored taking the lead.

Then it would have been up to their defense to hold them for the win.

But for the refs to settle the outcome of the game is not right.

Took away from what was an awesome game.

Sorry Doc, I was sure pulling for your team.
smt127

Too bad you didn't utilize the great and awesome Randy Moss at all in crunch time!!!!! smt179

Well, you and Doc have a good cry now :smt005 , and hopefully next year after Seattle kicks your sorry butts again, the NFC with Seattle in charge, will come out triumphant!!!!! 8)

No Ian,

No Crying here.

My Son is the Niner fan. I was just rooting for his team.

I'm a Steeler fan. You know them don't you?

I believe we beat you guys in Super Bowl 40!!! :D :D

And the Doc is okay, his Giants already won the World Series and President Obama won again. He's in heaven!! :wink:

::rocks
You sure do have a crush on "Doc" it seems! Have you ever met him, or has anybody on this board ever met him??

ian"elvis"anderson

Topic author
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

ian wrote:
Mitch wrote:
ian wrote:
Mitch wrote:It was a great game.

I hate the fact that a bad call at the end of the game cost one team the championship.

That was holding and it should have been called.

It would have been first and goal at the one yard line.

Niners would have scored taking the lead.

Then it would have been up to their defense to hold them for the win.

But for the refs to settle the outcome of the game is not right.

Took away from what was an awesome game.

Sorry Doc, I was sure pulling for your team.
smt127

Too bad you didn't utilize the great and awesome Randy Moss at all in crunch time!!!!! smt179

Well, you and Doc have a good cry now :smt005 , and hopefully next year after Seattle kicks your sorry butts again, the NFC with Seattle in charge, will come out triumphant!!!!! 8)

No Ian,

No Crying here.

My Son is the Niner fan. I was just rooting for his team.

And the Doc is okay, his Giants already won the World Series and President Obama won again. He's in heaven!! :wink:

You sure do have a crush on "Doc" it seems! Have you ever met him, or has anybody on this board ever met him??
Wow, nice comeback! :roll:

Never met him but he is a nice guy and would like to meet him.

Seems like you have a crush on Rush!! Ever met him? :wink:

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Mitch wrote:My Son is the Niner fan. I was just rooting for his team.

Sorry I missed all of this. I was glued to the screen all afternoon. The 49ers played very poorly in the first half, especially on defense. Of course, their first offensive play from scrimmage, a 20 yard gain to the 40, was negated by a formation blunder. That's inexcusable with two weeks preparation. And it went from there.

Baltimore made the plays they needed to win. Ironically, had the 49ers scored at the very end, one BIG storyline would have been how terribly linebacker Ray Lewis played. He was terrible, and San Francisco exploited him most of the day.

That the 49ers came all the way back is a testament to their resolve. Tell your son not to worry, they have a young core, a great QB in Kap and a tremendous coach. They will be back!

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

EPA4368
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by EPA4368 »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Mitch wrote:My Son is the Niner fan. I was just rooting for his team.

Sorry I missed all of this. I was glued to the screen all afternoon. The 49ers played very poorly in the first half, especially on defense. Of course, their first offensive play from scrimmage, a 20 yard gain to the 40, was negated by a formation blunder. That's inexcusable with two weeks preparation. And it went from there.

Baltimore made the plays they needed to win. Ironically, had the 49ers scored at the very end, one BIG storyline would have been how terribly linebacker Ray Lewis played. He was terrible, and San Francisco exploited him most of the day.

That the 49ers came all the way back is a testament to their resolve. Tell your son not to worry, they have a young core, a great QB in Kap and a tremendous coach. They will be back!
The Bears have always been my team, but I'd consider 49ers to be my second team.

Totally agree with you Doc. "That the 49ers came all the way back is a testament to their resolve. They will be back!"

drjohncarpenter

Another thing that must be said is it was clear the officials made a clear choice to NOT throw flags.

Most egregious was when a Baltimore player gave an official a two-handed SHOVE during a scrum, and was not immediately ejected. Any other game during the NFL season, that's an ejection and a possible suspension by the league. On Sunday, nothing.

During the second half kickoff run-back for a touchdown by the Ravens, one CBS camera caught a Baltimore player holding 49ers special teams man Bruce Miller for 5 seconds. No holding call. It would have negated the run-back. The shot was not replayed later in the game.

Frankly, rules should not be "bent" because it's the Super Bowl. Or, then, just leave the officials in the locker room all day.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

rlj4ep
Registered for: 19 years 7 months
Mood:

Post by rlj4ep »

drjohncarpenter wrote:Another thing that must be said is it was clear the officials made a clear choice to NOT throw flags.

Most egregious was when a Baltimore player gave an official a two-handed SHOVE during a scrum, and was not immediately ejected. Any other game during the NFL season, that's an ejection and a possible suspension by the league. On Sunday, nothing.

During the second half kickoff run-back for a touchdown by the Ravens, one CBS camera caught a Baltimore player holding 49ers special teams man Bruce Miller for 5 seconds. No holding call. It would have negated the run-back. The shot was not replayed later in the game.

Frankly, rules should not be "bent" because it's the Super Bowl. Or, then, just leave the officials in the locker room all day.
I totally agree with you, DOC. This is not "sour grapes" from a Niners fan as some would suggest. But that non-call on the 4th down play at the goal line was a disgrace (not to mention the off side non-call on Ed Reed earlier in the game). It definately had a huge impact upon the game. The non-call on the 2nd half kick-off which was run back for the touchdown impacted the game. In both of these non-calls 7 points were given to Baltimore and 7 points denied the Niners. This wasn't the NFL Pro Bowl, it was the Super Bowl. If the officials are not going to call the game the way it is suppossed to be called, then let's start playing without them. It bugs me that there is apparently one set of rules during the season, another set of rules for the playoffs, and still another for the Super Bowl (Yet the NHL does the same thing). It is one thing to let the players play within the boundaries, it is another to neglect the boundaries and bring disgrace to the sports biggest game.

rlj

iplayastrat
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by iplayastrat »

drjohncarpenter wrote: Frankly, rules should not be "bent" because it's the Super Bowl. Or, then, just leave the officials in the locker room all day.

Let the crying begin. Boo hoo.

If you want to win the championship
just play like the Crimson Tide. We
don't depend on referee's makings calls
for us.

And 49er fans don't count on being back
next year. I remember thinking the same
thing back in the 80's when Marino and my
Dolphins looked like they'd be back many
times over. It didn't work out.

My escape from society continues...

drjohncarpenter

iplayastrat wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Frankly, rules should not be "bent" because it's the Super Bowl. Or, then, just leave the officials in the locker room all day.

Let the crying begin. Boo hoo.
Don't cry. Maybe someday one of the teams you root for will win something.

But, for San Francisco Bay Area fans, these are good times.

Go Giants - As - 49ers - Warriors - Sharks!

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.