Off Topic Messages

Lisa Marie Presley Documentary (VH1)

Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:40 am

Interesting documentary about the life of LMP that aired on VH1 a couple of years back.......Enjoy.

Part 1 :
phpBB [video]

Part 2 :
phpBB [video]

Part 3 :
phpBB [video]

Part 4 :
phpBB [video]

Re: Lisa Marie Presley Documentary (VH1)

Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:55 am

Thanks.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:57 am

This was definitely before her recent estrangement from some of those "friends" who spoke on her behalf - Scientologists. (No one really knows if she is permanently split with them. That is not an easy thing to bring to completion.) But you can see how all these people were around her, and describing her feelings to her, and how she had "start from scratch" which to them, means using their whole bag of tricks to wear someone down . . .

What motivated her to go to England, and stay there for a good while, was that she found out that some of these people around her, had actually robbed her. Stolen things. (Somebody even put a stolen letter from Michael up for auction, but she managed to get it back. She got on Twitter, and said "where did you get that from?" And the fans who posted it said it was up for auction. She was very upset.) But it wasn't just a thing or two, they really stole a lot of stuff. And I think she realized from that time, how deep she was into this thing, this cult, from which few escape. I don't even know if she has, but I think she wanted to, or wants to.

So, it's kind of disturbing, in retrospect. (I much prefer "Elvis By The Presleys.")

Thanks for posting; it's quite interesting. (I saw one on on Biography that was even more dominated by these people, but this had interesting commentary from some of Elvis's friends.)

rjm
P.S. -- Glen Ballard is the co-writer of "Man In The Mirror." Just a FYI tidbit.

Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:04 am

Thanks TCB-FAN for taking the time to post these very interesting.