Off Topic Messages

Tech Q: Will Win Movie Maker 6.1 run with Win8

Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:09 am

Simple. Will Windows Movie Maker 6.1 - (NOT "Live Movie Maker" which has just had the "LIVE" lopped off, which is confusing) - work with Windows 8?

I have my coupon, and I have to download it soon, or it'll expire. I don't really need Win 8, but I assume new applications will be designed with it in mind. I do NOT want to lose Movie Maker - the "real" one, but the latest and greatest, with 64-bit capabilities, and it can work on video memory, etc. It works just dandy, with the Pixelan add-ons, and I don't want to lose it. I definitely don't want to lose it! (I heard people with 2.6 couldn't put titles on their movies. Which means it really doesn't work correctly, but I have the Movie Maker 6.1, so I think it should work, but I don't know. And it's hard to find out for sure.)

Anyone know?

rjm

Re: Tech Q: Will Win Movie Maker 6.1 run with Win8

Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:46 am

rjm wrote:Simple. Will Windows Movie Maker 6.1 - (NOT "Live Movie Maker" which has just had the "LIVE" lopped off, which is confusing) - work with Windows 8?

I have my coupon, and I have to download it soon, or it'll expire. I don't really need Win 8, but I assume new applications will be designed with it in mind. I do NOT want to lose Movie Maker - the "real" one, but the latest and greatest, with 64-bit capabilities, and it can work on video memory, etc. It works just dandy, with the Pixelan add-ons, and I don't want to lose it. I definitely don't want to lose it! (I heard people with 2.6 couldn't put titles on their movies. Which means it really doesn't work correctly, but I have the Movie Maker 6.1, so I think it should work, but I don't know. And it's hard to find out for sure.)

Anyone know?

rjm

You will need Windows 8, just as Jordan has updated this site for security issues, you will also need Windows 8 just for those reasons. Windows 7 has received it's last Service Pack. Some of the newer code cannot always be applied to the older formats. And some of the bigger name Anti Virus programs will eventually weed out the older Windows formats. You can get it now or get it later, but you will get it, if you want to stay on line safely.
I have it and I Love It!. the new features rock!

It is available for Windows 8 here:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind ... r-download

Also note Windows Movie Maker 6.1 can also run in Compatibility Mode in Windows 8 under "Windows 7 Compatibility" in the programs .exe Proprieties Option menu - under Compatibility Mode.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.