Off Topic Messages

Rudeness on FECC

Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:40 pm

I belong to a number of online forums and I have to say that the rudeness displayed on FECC, namecalling and nastiness etc is overwhelming! Many of those other forums (not Elvis related btw) would not tolerate such anti social behaviour, and have banned members for much less than displayed right here.

How is this behaviour tolerated here?

Do you feel some fans go too far, and are you shocked they are allowed to get away with it?

We are all supposed to be Elvis fans, I've never known such bitchiness amongst a fandom before, except maybe among Sci-Fi fans.

It's pretty disturbing to me (What on Earth would the man himself have thought?)

Your views on this please.

TCB

Andy.

Re: Rudeness on FECC

Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:52 pm

I'll try to do better.

Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:11 pm

Polk Salad Andy wrote:I belong to a number of online forums and I have to say that the rudeness displayed on FECC, namecalling and nastiness etc is overwhelming! Many of those other forums (not Elvis related btw) would not tolerate such anti social behaviour, and have banned members for much less than displayed right here.

How is this behaviour tolerated here?

Do you feel some fans go too far, and are you shocked they are allowed to get away with it?

We are all supposed to be Elvis fans, I've never known such bitchiness amongst a fandom before, except maybe among Sci-Fi fans.

It's pretty disturbing to me (What on Earth would the man himself have thought?)

Your views on this please.

TCB

Andy.

Ty Andy - Yes I too belong ta many Elvis groups on internet - Rudeness is uncalled for - Im Sure as a loyal /devoted of many years now - like most fans on this group

''There Is No Need To Be Rude'' or Callous ta any one at all - Every one should get along as fans should and not be rude / abusive etc .

Yes we do have our own opinions and views about Elvis The King and we should learn to get along with every one -

No one except Elvis and his closest friends who saw him regularly on Tour or at his pad etc knew about him -

FECC should get their Moderators to keep a look out regularly if possible for fans who are rude to fellow fans on this site to get results -

besides we must remember that -

1. New fans of this generation of fans will be joining us on this fan group
on a regular basis from time to time -Here on this site we get many new fans -
Lets keep on going like this and enjoy their views and posts etc .
2. We must set good example as fans to evry new and old fans
3. Its childish /immature to act like some fans do here -
Cut It Out Please
4. This fan group is one of the very best on Net - Lets all keep it this way
-Amen -
[b]5.Elvis would be disgusted by some fans beahviour if he saw em -

[/b]
::rocks

So Come on folks-Lets All Get On As An Elvis Family Of Friends Should -

[b]''Lets All Be Friends ''

AMEN - [/b] ::rocks :smt006
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by karlos on Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:12 pm

All members are equal here.

But some are more equal than others.

Behaviour that has gotten some members permanently banned is happily tolerated from others..............

Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:24 pm

ColinB wrote:All members are equal here.

But some are more equal than others.

Behaviour that has gotten some members permanently banned is happily tolerated from others..............

Colin I totally agree with ya ok -
Happy Hols buddy -

Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:29 pm

I agree 100%. something must be done about this rudeness, I don't understand why it's allowed to go on and on

Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:53 pm

Elvisgirl wrote:I agree 100%. something must be done about this rudeness, I don't understand why it's allowed to go on and on

Can we list names ? :facep:

Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:55 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:
Elvisgirl wrote:I agree 100%. something must be done about this rudeness, I don't understand why it's allowed to go on and on

Can we list names ? :facep:

that would be RUDE

Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:57 pm

i personally know of three Elvis fans who left this board (and never returned again) due to the rudeness of members here. One in particular, posted a photo of himself in a thread and he was ridiculed because of the way he looked. Are you kidding me? Since when do we become critics of who other people are and what they look like? A new low even for some of the people on here. I have read messages where people were called names for a) their nationality b) their improper use of the English language and c) not knowing general information about the subject being discussed. Not everyone posting messages here are experts on Elvis...that's why they are here.....to learn new things about the man, his music and films. WE ARE WHO WE ARE.....like it or not. Since when has cultural diversity become a crime? Members of this board should appreciate having a broad spectrum of cultures, and opinion represented here. It makes for much more diversified discussion. For example, an Elvis fan from a European country may have great stories to tell of how Elvis was viewed by his culture vs. the American view. And we can all learn more from messages posted here (even for those who consider themselves the "Know alls" of all things Elvis...you know who you are)Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even if you don't agree with whats being said. That's usually a nice opener for an intelligent discussion on a subject, not a license to demean and taunt people.
I think that a new set of rules should be put into place by the admin of this board...

first violation..........a warning
second violation.......suspension from the board for a week
third violation.........revoking a members right to be on the message board and blocking them forever (and not allowing a demeaning member to get away with breaking rules just because they have connection with the admin of this board)

Just a suggestion

::rocks .... when members get along with each other !

Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:24 pm

elvisbot wrote:
third violation.........revoking a members right to be on the message board and blocking them forever

I certainly think something along these lines could be implemented (perhaps a little less harsh than you suggest, ie more warnings etc) - but this would probably only work if the amount of violations were displayed on their profile page. I say this because otherwise there will be constant accusations that someone has been given extra chances, or has had more warnings than others etc. Sadly it will never be implemented.

Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:46 pm

What this place needs is to get rid of moderation altogether. The reason why some people get away with being rude is that others are afraid to come back at them for fear of being banned. Given time the forum will self-police itself.

Having said that, this place has been the way it is now for many many years. I don't understand why anyone would join and then think that after four months they had the right to change the place. It is what it is. Get used to it, or leave.

Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:31 pm

The Pirate wrote:What this place needs is to get rid of moderation altogether. The reason why some people get away with being rude is that others are afraid to come back at them for fear of being banned. Given time the forum will self-police itself.

Having said that, this place has been the way it is now for many many years. I don't understand why anyone would join and then think that after four months they had the right to change the place. It is what it is. Get used to it, or leave.

Image ::rocks

Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:32 pm

Happy Holidays!!! Love to all...........

Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:34 pm

As elvis bot stated -
third violation.........revoking a members right to be on the message board and blocking them forever (and not allowing a demeaning member to get away with breaking rules just because they have connection with the admin of this board)

Just a suggestion

.... when members get along with each other

I totally agree - with this - Thanks -

Admin to site must abide with this - Thanks -

Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:07 am

Thank goodness for FECC.

Rather "rudeness" than the gushing, thoughtless "elvis can do no wron" camp.

Harden up if you want to play in the big boys world.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:12 am

The Pirate wrote:What this place needs is to get rid of moderation altogether. The reason why some people get away with being rude is that others are afraid to come back at them for fear of being banned. Given time the forum will self-police itself.

Who said I thought I had a right to change the place? Stop putting words in my mouth that I never said.
I also don't see why I should get used to people being rude to each other or leave. Check this out viewtopic.php?f=1&t=43980 You'll find it's all in the rules of this place anyway. Courtesy and Civility are mandatory. Why should members put up with people being rude to them? It dosen't cost anything to be nice to each other. It makes for a much better quality of debate.

You want this place to be the best Elvis online forum there is? That must begin with having a bit of respect for each other.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:28 am

In regards to The Pirate's Reply to Polksalad Andys Thread

Please tell me
This is to The Pirate
What gives you the right to tell Polk Salad Andy -''Get used to it, or leave''- This is ya words not his - okay .
You are in no position ta tell any one what to do - you are not a moderator , admin or any one important on this site - okay -
its so hurtful to read ya comment . I think you are being so rude and callous by saying what you said - This is what I meant by my reply - please read it okay to understand my views on this - Stop being so childish and immature and

Please act your age and Not Ya Shoe Size - The Pirate -

If you have a heart you would Appologise to Polk Salad Andy And Stop this idiocracy by writing stuff like this - mincing ya words and predicting whats been said when it hasnt -Okay - Thanks - TCE4Ever
Last edited by karlos on Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:36 am

elvisbot wrote:
::rocks .... when members get along with each other !

which will never happen

Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:39 am

KHoots wrote:Happy Holidays!!! Love to all...........

^This. See how it costs nothing to be nice ::rocks

Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:44 am

Polk Salad Andy wrote:

Yep Polk Salad Andy - Yu are right buddy -
hope many take note - mentioning no names
:smt003 :smt003 ::rocks
because thats rude to mention names
:smt005 :smt005 :smt005

im watchn this post n thread - Ty Andy for thread - hope many take note whats specified on it and I Hope Admin is seeing it too and taking notes whats been going on this forum - Thanks Buddy ::rocks

Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:48 am

karlos wrote:
Polk Salad Andy wrote:

Yep Polk Salad Andy - Yu are right buddy -
hope many take note - mentioning no names
:smt003 :smt003 ::rocks
because thats rude to mention names
:smt005 :smt005 :smt005

im watchn this post n thread - Ty Andy for thread - hope many take note whats specified on it and I Hope Admin is seeing it too and taking notes whats been going on this forum - Thanks Buddy ::rocks

don't count on it. sadly, the rudeness will go on, no matter what is being said

Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:55 am

KiwiAlan wrote:Thank goodness for FECC.

I don't think it should be a question about "hardening up". I know you have to, to be on here, but it shouldn't really have to be that way, should it? don't you think this is a place where everyone should feel welcome? you shouldn't have to "harden up" to visit a forum. that's just not right. and if the mods really did something about it, then there wouldn't be a need to harden up

Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:59 am

It's a nice gesture but the moderators seem to let certain members get a free pass on here.

It's been pointed out to me that some members are registered under different names. They can be rude with one and pleasant with another. I'm told one member even has conversations with himself and congratulates himself on different threads! That's pretty strange, in my opinion.

For those reasons, your wish for kindness and civility will never happen here. The only way to eliminate this issue is to require people to register with their real names. I'm not optimistic.

Unfortunately, because of the continued rudeness and inflated egos/attitudes, I find myself visiting (and participating) less and less. There are better things to do with ones free time!

Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:59 am

Elvisgirl wrote:
KiwiAlan wrote:Thank goodness for FECC.

I don't think it should be a question about "hardening up". I know you have to, to be on here, but it shouldn't really have to be that way, should it? don't you think this is a place where everyone should feel welcome? you shouldn't have to "harden up" to visit a forum. that's just not right. and if the mods really did something about it, then there wouldn't be a need to harden up

I Agree with you ElvisGirl - Amen To That -
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:03 am

If you need to feel welcome...there's a church on every corner 8)