Off Topic Messages

Re: Is there a place I can seriously complain about new form

Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:09 am

Robt wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
rocknroller wrote:Well i like it ! cheers jordan.very modern mind you most elvis fans are stuck in the past :oops: so it wont work for everyone :smt010


Do you like remixes? :mrgreen:


You don't have to be an arsehole. I for one prefer the old format.


Stop being one then !!!

Re: Is there a place I can seriously complain about new form

Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:22 am

Hey wanker, I got a question: How are Elvis fans "Stuck in the past" just because they happen to like or prefer old format. The next time, think before you post at FECC. We're an elite mob here :lol:

Re: Is there a place I can seriously complain about new form

Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:17 pm

The new style gives me an headache when reading posts. Even when I set the forum to the old style.
I know the world keeps going on modernizing, but not everything "new" is an improvement!

Re: Is there a place I can seriously complain about new form

Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:47 pm

fecc-mechanic wrote:
mocskoskurva wrote:I hate the new style... And the 'secondary "style" that looks like the old style' is almost as bad as the 'modern' one.
And this was supposed to be a Christmas-gift? :roll: :facep:


:smt098
Wow.. Just wow.
Christmas gift? :facep: :shock: :lol:


smt181



Never mind, Jordan. Good work.

Re: Is there a place I can seriously complain about new form

Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:54 pm

Robt wrote:Hey wanker, I got a question: How are Elvis fans "Stuck in the past" just because they happen to like or prefer old format. The next time, think before you post at FECC. We're an elite mob here :lol:



:smt121 looking in the mirror again ! look if the new setup is too technical for you numbnut then fine go back to the old setup !!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Re: Is there a place I can seriously complain about new form

Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:45 pm

The new version is far superior, no question about it. I had been wondering if the forum was ever going to break free of a decade old tech. Those harping on about how great the old version was - boo hoo, you'll get over it.

Re: Is there a place I can seriously complain about new form

Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:54 pm

Matthew wrote:The new version is far superior, no question about it. I had been wondering if the forum was ever going to break free of a decade old tech. Those harping on about how great the old version was - boo hoo, you'll get over it.



We live in a world of constant change....get used to it.

Re: Is there a place I can seriously complain about new form

Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:59 pm

whats going on ere folks -

[b]Please Stop being argumenative ok -
No need ta call felow fans names etc - we all are Elvis fans who love him and try and get along with others here -

this is just a forum for all Elvis fans ta get along and appreciate The Kings work and career -

so please stop it by acting worse than kids - and calling fans names etc -


Jordan our web master or Elvis surely wouldnt have liked the way that some of you are all beahavn here -So please have some respect .

Please think of new fans joining our forum - t
hey do not need ta see argumements and name calling -

Please be repectful in this forum to Elvis fans alike -


We all love this forum and please lets all act like adults and not kids -

Please accept new format on web site or else go to old format if you wish - its ya choice by all means - you all have the choice-Okay -

I for one like many love the new set up -
THANKS
::rocks
[/b]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by karlos on Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Is there a place I can seriously complain about new form

Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:21 pm

karlos wrote:whats going on ere folks -

[b]Please Stop being argumentive ok - No need ta call felow fans names etc - we all are Elvis fans who love him and try and get along with others here -

this is just a forum for all Elvis fans ta get along and appreciate The Kings work and career -

so please stop it by acting worse than kids - and calling fans names etc -


Jordan our web master or Elvis surely wouldnt have liked the way that some of you are all beahavn here -So please have some respect .

Please think of new fans joining our forum - t
hey do not need ta see argumements and name calling -

Please be repectful in this forum to Elvis fans alike -


We all love this forum and please lets all act like adults and not kids -

Please accept new format on web site or else go to old format if you wish - its ya choice by all means - you all have the choice-Okay -

I for one like many love the new set up -
THANKS
::rocks
[/b]


And there's also no need for fellow fans to accuse other fans of "living in the past" either. Yes it's very good of Jordan to provide the choice to switch to the classic format . Jordan rocks ::rocks

Re: Is there a place I can seriously complain about new form

Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:27 pm

karlos wrote:whats going on ere folks -

[b]Please Stop being argumenative ok -
No need ta call felow fans names etc - we all are Elvis fans who love him and try and get along with others here -

this is just a forum for all Elvis fans ta get along and appreciate The Kings work and career -

so please stop it by acting worse than kids - and calling fans names etc -


Jordan our web master or Elvis surely wouldnt have liked the way that some of you are all beahavn here -So please have some respect .

Please think of new fans joining our forum - t
hey do not need ta see argumements and name calling -

Please be repectful in this forum to Elvis fans alike -


We all love this forum and please lets all act like adults and not kids -

Please accept new format on web site or else go to old format if you wish - its ya choice by all means - you all have the choice-Okay -

I for one like many love the new set up -
THANKS
::rocks
[/b]

great post karlos, you rock. I absolutely agree with everything you said. peace and love ::rocks

Re: Is there a place I can seriously complain about new form

Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:35 am

I like it the way it was too. The new format is just less compact, even in classic mode.

Re: Is there a place I can seriously complain about new form

Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:45 am

The new layout is like going from DVD to Bluray - Enjoy it!

Re: Is there a place I can seriously complain about new form

Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:28 am

Mike Eder wrote:I like it the way it was too. The new format is just less compact, even in classic mode.


Hi Mike!
Thanks for the input. When you say "compact" do you mean the overall width of the forum, or?

Re: Is there a place I can seriously complain about new form

Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:37 am

As far as "compact" the new feature to zoom in and out pictures to keep from stretching the pages straight up Rocks!

Jordan you aint just bad ,...you're ba ,ba, ba, Bad ! :lol:

Re: Is there a place I can seriously complain about new form

Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:54 am

fecc-mechanic wrote:
Mike Eder wrote:I like it the way it was too. The new format is just less compact, even in classic mode.


Hi Mike!
Thanks for the input. When you say "compact" do you mean the overall width of the forum, or?


If you make your browser "small" by re-sizing the entire window, everything in the forum re-adjusts along with it. So, if you have a big monitor, and want a small reading space, just make a smaller browser window until it becomes more familiar.

The "old way" - which is still there in terms of need, if you need it for certain devices, is old. The web has changed. Completely. Everything now is being built upon HTML5, including forum software. Yes, I liked the ability, back in the day, to make my own web pages, because it was easy, but this really is more efficient today, and everything is moving towards it, sooner rather than later. I think Jordan has done a remarkable job in trying to appease everyone, including those folks with a need for familiarity. It'll be okay!

(I may even somehow actually learn HTML5, but don't hold your breath; it's hard! It's efficient, but it's hard to do. We have an expert here; be thankful!)

rjm
::rocks

P.S. -- If anyone knows any really good books, on-line or dead-tree, on making the transition from the rather simple coding of old-school HTML (nested tables and suchlike), and HTML5, lemme know! CSS was one thing - and you could take it or leave it, but now it's in orbit. I'm sure that YouTube will soon abandon Flash, and go with the built-in video capabilities of HTML5. This change is good! It's not necessarily easy, but it is good. And web pages look a lot sleeker than ever. Including right here!

Re: Is there a place I can seriously complain about new form

Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:25 am

I've been at this since WordPerfect 5.0 and there's no stopping me now.

The fact that we have input and can actually interact with the person devising the system is amazing.

I think the new format is great. Kudos to Jordan for all of his hard work.

Re: Is there a place I can seriously complain about new form

Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:32 am

MaryAnn wrote:I've been at this since WordPerfect 5.0 and there's no stopping me now.

The fact that we have input and can actually interact with the person devising the system is amazing.

I think the new format is great. Kudos to Jordan for all of his hard work.

Yes indeed!

Re: Is there a place I can seriously complain about new form

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:36 am

I meant the size of the spacing really. I have no real beef, just wish the classic format replicated the old board style a bit more closely.

Re: Is there a place I can seriously complain about new form

Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:52 pm

Elvisgirl wrote:
karlos wrote:whats going on ere folks -

[b]Please Stop being argumenative ok -
No need ta call felow fans names etc - we all are Elvis fans who love him and try and get along with others here -

this is just a forum for all Elvis fans ta get along and appreciate The Kings work and career -

so please stop it by acting worse than kids - and calling fans names etc -


Jordan our web master or Elvis surely wouldnt have liked the way that some of you are all beahavn here -So please have some respect .

Please think of new fans joining our forum -
They do not need ta see argumements and name calling -

Please be repectful in this forum to Elvis fans alike -


We all love this forum and please lets all act like adults and not kids -

Please accept new format on web site or else go to old format if you wish - its ya choice by all means - you all have the choice-Okay -

I for one like many love the new set up -
THANKS
::rocks
[/b]



great post karlos, you rock. I absolutely agree with everything you said. peace and love ::rocks


Ty elvis girl - u know more fans bicker on this site -No need for them to do that-
It dont look nice u know esp when this forum gets in new fans daily joining us on reg basis from time to time -
- Lol :smt003
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.