Off Topic Messages

Is there a place I can seriously complain about new format?

Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:34 pm

The new FECC forum with all due respect, is giving me a headache.

Re: Is there a place I can seriously complain about new form

Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:38 pm

Your input is appreciated. But you haven't mentioned what in particular about the new format is "giving you a headache".
Without knowing that, I can't make any corrections.
The old format (subsilver2) has been outdated for a couple years now, and is pretty much abandoned in the development community. So, if we want to keep the FECC forum "the latest and greatest" - it would be a poor move to return to that format. Therefore, it will not be coming back.

Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:50 pm

I will have to give it time to grow on me, after using the same format for what seems like years now, naturally any change is hard to adjust to!

One thing I will say is the overall appearance of this site did need modernising. Although this is the best Elvis site on the internet, or at least used to be, it certainly never has looked like it!

Another thing I think has to change is the logo of the website, up on the top left of the screen. Can that please be changed, something a bit more exciting, larger and moderner. With a really cool graphic of Elvis, or multiple images of him throughout his career?

Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:54 pm

fg76 wrote:The new FECC forum with all due respect, is giving me a headache.

You're right. It's crap. On some of the posts some of the larger avatars obscures the first word. Jordan bring back the old format ?

Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:57 pm

Robt wrote:

You're right. It's crap. On some of the posts some of the larger avatars obscures the first word. Jordan bring back the old format ?

Rob, what browser are you using?

Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:01 am

Robt wrote:

I setup my account to hide avatars and signatures, what a blessing!

Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:03 am

It appears the issue is with the firefox browser.. Working on a fix now.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:10 am

fecc-mechanic wrote:Your input is appreciated. But you haven't mentioned what in particular about the new format is "giving you a headache".
Without knowing that, I can't make any corrections.
The old format (subsilver2) has been outdated for a couple years now, and is pretty much abandoned in the development community. So, if we want to keep the FECC forum "the latest and greatest" - it would be a poor move to return to that format. Therefore, it will not be coming back.

I think it's the preview icon on the left side of each topic that irritates.
The rest is just a matter of getting used to I guess.

Cheers.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:27 am

fecc-mechanic wrote:It appears the issue is with the firefox browser.. Working on a fix now.

You're right Jordan. My Browser is Mozilla Firefox.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:32 am

I use Mozilla Firefox too...

It is probably with the new "Hobbit" movie and the HFR-Technique... at first it is annoying but then you most likely grow accustomed to it. But what's really giving me a headache right now are the "running" circles on the left on each topic name (can't describe it better, I hope you know what I mean, Jordan).

Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:39 am

Check now for the firefox obfuscation/avatar issue. Is it better?

Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:41 am

I use firefox and I don't have that problem?

Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:43 am

I'm gonna have to get used to this new format.

As Sam Philips said 'It's different' !!! :lol:

Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:47 am

I like it!

Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:47 am

for me there's a lot of space between the avatars and posts..horizontal....even the bigger avatars
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:49 am

Thanks for the new update but to be honest at first glance I don't like it and find the fonts on the home page of the message board a bit hard to read.There also seems to be a lot of waste space on topics. The light blue colours don't really work for me. I hope you don't mind some feedback and I'm sure I'll adjust..

Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:59 am

Well i like it ! cheers jordan.very modern mind you most elvis fans are stuck in the past :oops: so it wont work for everyone :smt010

Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:31 am

Where am I?

Take me to your leader.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:42 am

fecc-mechanic wrote:Check now for the firefox obfuscation/avatar issue. Is it better?

Not much. It's just on a few of the larger avatar's that blocks the first words (such as promiselands and luckyjackson's). Why change ? What was the problem with the old format ?

Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:43 am

Elvisgirl wrote:for me there's a lot of space between the avatars and posts..horizontal....even the bigger avatars

Fixed :)

Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:46 am

Robt wrote:
fecc-mechanic wrote:Check now for the firefox obfuscation/avatar issue. Is it better?

Not much. It's just on a few of the larger avatar's that blocks the first words (such as promiselands and luckyjackson's). Why change ? What was the problem with the old format ?

Hi Robt,
Clear your browsers cache. I have implemented a fix so that the avatars resize if the browser isn't in full screen. It Works :)

Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:49 am

fecc-mechanic wrote:
Elvisgirl wrote:for me there's a lot of space between the avatars and posts..horizontal....even the bigger avatars

Fixed :)

much better! thanks!

Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:51 am

Robt wrote:

Why change ? What was the problem with the old format ?

The old "style" of the forum has been pretty much been abandoned in development circles. Which means, any new security issues that would have arose would have no fixes to them. Also, no new features are being readily developed for the old "style"

Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:56 am

Nothing lasts forever ! This is gonna take some getting used to, my friend.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:04 am

Thanks for the hard work, Jordan.

I like to use the Unread Posts function but when I then look into a post within that list there no longer seems to be an option to go back to that list.

Does that make sense?