Off Topic Messages

4 demos from my new band

Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:12 pm

Hi, guys-
Here's 4 demos from my new band "A Talent For Mischief".

https://soundcloud.com/a_talent_for_mischief-1

They're just demos, but I hope you'll give them a listen.
Thanks in advance!
Kevin

Re: 4 demos from my new band

Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:55 am

cartoonland wrote:Hi, guys-
Here's 4 demos from my new band "A Talent For Mischief".

https://soundcloud.com/a_talent_for_mischief-1

They're just demos, but I hope you'll give them a listen.
Thanks in advance!
Kevin

Kevin -

Good to see the band is still alive and tickin'. Am I crazy, or are you still "2 guitars and bass"? Gotta get that backbeat!

I enjoyed all four demos, and seem to recall you posted up "Fun Fun Fun" -- with Brian Wilson-meets-Nuggets arrangement -- about six months ago. It this one the same take? "Another Plan" cries out for a piano, methinks.

"Free (Now I'm Alone)" definitely merits additional attention, that's a good song. And I really like the moody instrumental, "Internet Love." You should expand that one to detail how much I am loved on this forum ;-)

One last question: are you the dude in the hat, hood or beard?


121212_SoundcCoud_A Talent For Mischief.JPG



Thanks for sharing your work, and keep following that dream!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 4 demos from my new band

Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:06 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
cartoonland wrote:Hi, guys-
Here's 4 demos from my new band "A Talent For Mischief".

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://soundcloud.com/a_talent_for_mischief-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://soundcloud.com/a_talent_for_mischief-1</a><!-- m -->

They're just demos, but I hope you'll give them a listen.
Thanks in advance!
Kevin

Kevin -

Good to see the band is still alive and tickin'. Am I crazy, or are you still "2 guitars and bass"? Gotta get that backbeat!

I enjoyed all four demos, and seem to recall you posted up "Fun Fun Fun" -- with Brian Wilson-meets-Nuggets arrangement -- about six months ago. It this one the same take?

"Free (Now I'm Alone)" definitely merits more work, that's a good song. And I really like the moody instrumental, "Internet Love." You should expand that one to detail how much I am loved on this forum ;-)

One last question: are you the dude in the hat, hood or beard?

Thanks for sharing your work, and keep following that dream!
Thanks, good Doctor, for the positive feedback.
Yes, at this point we will start gigging as a 3 piece and we'll add drums at some point.
FUN FUN FUN is the same take, re-mixed and run through T-Racks 2.
I'm certainly missing the high fidelity that studio recording brings, but we gotta work with what we got.
"Internet Love" will be dedicated to you when we meet up at that gig at some point in the near future.
I'm the guy in the middle- the handsome one.
Thanks again, tough guy.

Re: 4 demos from my new band

Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:36 am

cartoonland wrote:Thanks, good Doctor, for the positive feedback.
Yes, at this point we will start gigging as a 3 piece and we'll add drums at some point.
FUN FUN FUN is the same take, re-mixed and run through T-Racks 2.
I'm certainly missing the high fidelity that studio recording brings, but we gotta work with what we got.
"Internet Love" will be dedicated to you when we meet up at that gig at some point in the near future.
I'm the guy in the middle- the handsome one.
Thanks again, tough guy.

Flattery will get you everywhere. ;-)

Re: 4 demos from my new band

Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:23 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
cartoonland wrote:Thanks, good Doctor, for the positive feedback.
Yes, at this point we will start gigging as a 3 piece and we'll add drums at some point.
FUN FUN FUN is the same take, re-mixed and run through T-Racks 2.
I'm certainly missing the high fidelity that studio recording brings, but we gotta work with what we got.
"Internet Love" will be dedicated to you when we meet up at that gig at some point in the near future.
I'm the guy in the middle- the handsome one.
Thanks again, tough guy.

Flattery will get you everywhere. ;-)
Lucky for me I'm the only one of the three of us reading this forum. The band members, I mean----I WILL be introducing Elvis numbers into our repertoire---slowly but surely. I mean surly. JUST LIKE ELVIS!

Re: 4 demos from my new band

Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:58 pm

cartoonland wrote:Lucky for me I'm the only one of the three of us reading this forum. The band members, I mean----I WILL be introducing Elvis numbers into our repertoire---slowly but surely. I mean surly. JUST LIKE ELVIS!

Sign them up!

Re: 4 demos from my new band

Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:31 am

Keep rocking, mate!!

Re: 4 demos from my new band

Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:49 am

Liking these. As Casey Kasem used to say, keep your feet on the ground and reach for the sky :D

Re: 4 demos from my new band

Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:12 am

londonflash wrote:Keep rocking, mate!!

Thank you, my friend. Will post a Facbook band link as soon as it's up- in a day or so-
Like to run stuff by this forum before the general public gets it as the people here REALLY love music in general and Our Boy Elvis in particular!

Re: 4 demos from my new band

Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:14 am

Johnny 99 wrote:Liking these. As Casey Kasem used to say, keep your feet on the ground and reach for the sky :D

Thanks, Johnny- your feedback means something to me as these recordings become public- always scary laying your creations out there- thanks again.

Re: 4 demos from my new band

Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:58 am

Facebook page is live, and should be viewable by anyone:
https://www.facebook.com/atalentformischief

Re: 4 demos from my new band

Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:20 am

The Doc pretty much nailed it with his review above, and you all sound great! "Another Plan" has that smooth 60's feel, a little tweaking and you got a beautiful song.

Keep up the great work !

Re: 4 demos from my new band

Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:43 am

promiseland wrote:The Doc pretty much nailed it with his review above, and you all sound great! "Another Plan" has that smooth 60's feel, a little tweaking and you got a beautiful song.

Keep up the great work !


Thanks a lot, PM- appreciate your time and thoughts!