Fat Women Offended Over Restaurant Receipt

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Elvisgirl
Registered for: 19 years 11 months

Re: Fat Women Offended Over Restaurant Receipt

Post by Elvisgirl »

Mister Mike wrote:
Elvisgirl wrote:no, he shouldn't have described them as "fat girls" just because they ARE fat.
Yeah. «Weight challenged» would have been much nicer. Or perhaps «persons of superior weight».
smt139

Elvisgirl
Registered for: 19 years 11 months

Post by Elvisgirl »

stan from tintane wrote:It's just a typo.... it should have said 'fit girls' ! :smt003
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ECC83
Registered for: 14 years 3 months

Post by ECC83 »

Marko wrote:Seriously, it's amazing how many people don't even seem to know what rudeness is anymore.
[/quote]

Like I said:

ECC83 wrote:
Because you think small, you're local. I think big, I dream in technicolour.

And no, I'm not commending the fact he called them "fat", I don't think anyone should go out of their way to insult anyone. I'm commenting based on the fact that it has already happened, AND that he didn't directly call them that, it was a description not intended for them to see, but due to his negligence got out.

Being fat, getting called fat and then telling everyone you got upset that you got called fat makes no sense, which is what the girls did. One would think that they presume they aren't fat and are hoping we come out and bat for them :roll:

What are you trying to say, they are fat, but he shouldn't have called them that?

rjm
Registered for: 13 years 2 months

Post by rjm »

poormadpeter wrote:
KevinK wrote:
TJ wrote:He was like and she was like and I was like and....

I'd spend a lot of time with headphones on if I lived with that.
Like I was totally thinking the same thing.. like.
Check out 0.32!

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I just sent a message, e-mail or something, and I swear, I ALMOST said "I was like . . ." and then I caught myself and changed it to "I thought" or the equivalent. And only because the recipient was British! It comes so EASILY! And it's so hard not to do. Really.

As for the ladies, a numbering system is best. I mean, did the other tickets say "ugly people"? Maybe they did. "Girls in bad-fitting skinnyjeans." "Man wearing Momjeans." "Table with old-people smell." "Guy with hair on his back." It can get way out there! Some words are, by nature, hurtful. Description is probably not the best way. No, you can't watch EVERYTHING you do or say, but you can take some care. Some words have more "sting." Some hurt more. True, or false, some hurt more.

rjm

"And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God."
Aeschylus

"Treat me mean and cruel, treat me like a fool, but love me!"

My Tumblr blog: https://robinmark64.tumblr.com/

https://www.youtube.com/user/robinmark64

TJ
Registered for: 19 years 10 months

Post by TJ »

Don't be fooled by Miriam's reprimand though rjm. The "like" thing is probably as ubiquitous here as in the US.

Just gets a bit much when used two or three times in one sentence :)

MB280E
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
Registered for: 21 years

Post by MB280E »

Marko wrote:It is insulting to be treated that way and nobody should be exposed to that. Restaurant is a service business. Anyone acting like that is obviously working in a wrong line of business.
You´re right, they should really mind their own business and keep carrying those large, king size American portions to the table...better yet help them stuff the fat down their throats to make sure they got their money´s worth. American people are generally fat and overweight aren´t they? Fat food, larger-than-life-sized Colas and of course freedom to carry as many guns as they wish.

Sincerely MB280E

"Folks, it´s been 9 years since I performed before a live audience. I´ve been busy making an 8mm film that hasn´t been released yet about a squirrel who gets lost in the wintertime and can´t find his nuts."

´98 W140 S320 (my new baby)
´90 W124 230E (sold...)
´81 W123 280E (R.I.P.)

showfan
Registered for: 13 years 10 months

Post by showfan »

stan from tintane wrote:We are what we are (me included with my fat belly).
It was an accurate description even though it was not a smart thing to do.
Get over it.
I agree. It was true, but just not the smart thing to do and rude. I Googled this to get more information and discovered it made the ABC NEWS!!?? :shock: Are there not more important things going on in the country? Why is it we spend so much time in the news anymore with comments people make? The reporter said one of them seemed "emotionally scared." What? I guess the old days of "Sticks and stones may break my bones......" are over.

Rude is rude, and I don't like rudeness, but I can get over rudeness. I can't think of anything of this nature that I couldn't just "get over." Were these girls not aware they were overweight until they saw a rude comment in print? I don't blame them for mentioning it in the restaurant. It would probably have been a cue for me that "fun time" was about to begin. I would have spoken to the waiter and manager and turned it around so they would have looked like idiots by the time I left, but I wouldn't be emotionally scared.