Off Topic Messages

Rolling Stones ripping fans off again.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:26 pm

After the ridiculous high prices the Rolling Stones ask for their recent shows at the 02 Arena in London, i have just seen them plugging their final show on Sky where its being shown as a pay-per-view event for 14.95 :evil:

How much money can these aging rockers get before they are happy?

They made millions from this 50th anniversary tour so why don't they put this final event on Sky where fans and others interested in watching it don't have to spend a one-off payment just to see this show?

As great as they are, i've lost alot of respect for this band.

Re: Rolling Stones ripping fans off again.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:41 pm

how much money do they need?!

Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:38 pm

With regards to pay per view that's not all the Rolling Stones cable providers charge that and make money off that as well.

pro wresting and boxing are higher than that on pay per view.

prices for concert tickets have been absolutely outrageous since the 90s but since people still buy them and it's where these performers make their money it's not going to stop.

It is a rip off.

If everyone would stop buying the tickets then the ticket prices would eventually be lowered.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:23 pm

brian wrote:With regards to pay per view that's not all the Rolling Stones cable providers charge that and make money off that as well.

prices for concert tickets have been absolutely outrageous since the 90s but since people still buy them and it's where these performers make their money it's not going to stop.

It is a rip off.

If everyone would stop buying the tickets then the ticket prices would eventually be lowered.

I just think as wealthy as the Rolling Stones are, there is no need to have this final concert as a pay-per-view event.
I would like to have seen this concert but to hell with paying 14.95 to see it.

This is what angers me with boxers, so many of them are greedy and want a slice of the pay-per-view takings.
They tried that with English Football but it didn't work.

Look at David Beckham, goes to the States cause he wants to promote football but i guess the $120million contract (or whatever it was) didn't have anything to do with it, if any country needed any help for its future success its his own country, England. Most overrated footballer the world has ever seen. He would do a commercial for just about anything if he was paid enough.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:32 am

Bodie wrote:
brian wrote:With regards to pay per view that's not all the Rolling Stones cable providers charge that and make money off that as well.

It is a rip off.

I just think as wealthy as the Rolling Stones are, there is no need to have this final concert as a pay-per-view event.

This is what angers me with boxers, so many of them are greedy and want a slice of the pay-per-view takings.

Look at David Beckham, goes to the States cause he wants to promote football but i guess the $120million contract (or whatever it was) didn't have anything to do with it, if any country needed any help for its future success its his own country, England. Most overrated footballer the world has ever seen. He would do a commercial for just about anything if he was paid enough.

I've always felt that professional singers and athletes get paid way too much money.

As i said if people want to stop that and the high ticket prices stop going to the games and the concerts.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:15 am

It's simple: don't buy tickets, don't watch pay-per-view.
If we all do that, prices will go down rapidly.
Also if a concert can hold 30.000 people and 300.000 people want a ticket, don't be surprised ticketprices go up.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:35 am

Bodie wrote:After the ridiculous high prices the Rolling Stones ask for their recent shows at the 02 Arena in London, i have just seen them plugging their final show on Sky where its being shown as a pay-per-view event for 14.95 :evil:

They made millions from this 50th anniversary tour so why don't they put this final event on Sky where fans and others interested in watching it don't have to spend a one-off payment just to see this show?

As great as they were, you mean.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:23 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Bodie wrote:After the ridiculous high prices the Rolling Stones ask for their recent shows at the 02 Arena in London, i have just seen them plugging their final show on Sky where its being shown as a pay-per-view event for 14.95 :evil:

As great as they were, you mean.

Yes Doc, that's what i meant. :wink:

Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:21 am

Is that £14.95 or $14.95? Not that great amount of money imo, but of course being a millionaire...

Sincerely MB280E

Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:41 am

MB280E wrote:Is that £14.95 or $14.95? Not that great amount of money imo, but of course being a millionaire...

Sincerely MB280E

Price is in British Sterling and not Dollars.

Its not really the money but the fact fans or anyone else, have to pay for this one-off event when it really should be on a non-PPV channel.

The Stones way of thinking is 'Lets try and get as much money as we can from this 50th anniversary tour' but as several fans have posted on their facebook page, its a total rip off.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:19 pm

Bodie wrote:

It is a rip off.

Very well said. Unfortunately, there are many gullible companies out there that are willing to throw money at the grossly over tattoed Beckham just to use his over-rated image on their products for whatever reason. The same with thug Rooney. It's a mad world we're living in.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:53 pm

Everyone expects a free lunch in 2012. Perhaps Apple can give me their next phone, since they have so much money already.

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:02 pm

The fact that the Stones are still going strong well into their 60's is a reflection on just how terrible and talentless the new generation of music performers are.