Off Topic Messages

Scotty McCreery

Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:53 pm

A recent American Idol show winner recently released a Christmas album, with the final track being Elvis' "Santa Claus Is Back In Town" -- it's very good, and has a good touch of "Trouble" in it, too.

But what was interesting was a 20 second performance of Elvis' take on "See See Rider" tagged onto the end. COOL.

IIRC, Scotty said he was an Elvis fan during the show at some point.
Last edited by Christopher Brown on Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Scotty McCreay

Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:48 pm

Christopher Brown wrote:A recent American Idol show winner recently released a Christmas album, with the final track being Elvis' "Santa Claus Is Back In Town" -- it's very good, and has a good touch of "Trouble" in it, too.

But what was interesting was a 20 second performance of Elvis' take on "See See Rider" tagged onto the end. COOL.

IIRC, Scotty said he was an Elvis fan during the show at some point.

I just checked this out on youtube, and it's a good version - although a more original arrangement would have made it more interesting, Just heard his Oh Holy Night on youtube too. It's actually rather nice, but that accent of his just doesn't work for me with that kind of material!

Re: Scotty McCreery

Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:27 pm

I played that on my radio show the other day, not knowing those wrinkles were included. I was impressed that he did that.