Holiday Wishes from Elvis, the Colonel & Honey Talk Nelson

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
HoneyTalkNelson

Re: Holiday Wishes from Elvis, the Colonel & Honey Talk Nels

Post by HoneyTalkNelson »

I have the 1963 calendar but it does not have the top part with Seasons Greetings. Did they distribute two different versions?

Thank you for posting those additional images, pingpong.

EPA4368

Post by EPA4368 »

HoneyTalkNelson wrote:I have the 1963 calendar but it does not have the top part with Seasons Greetings. Did they distribute two different versions?

Might have a very rare item. The only 11x11 '63 Calendar backside version with Seasons Greetings From Elvis & The Colonel I know about is the one pingpong posted... showing the Colonel dressed as Santa Claus arms linked with a Snowman with the words Seasons Greeting from Elvis and the Colonel.

The other two 11x11 '63 Calendar backside versions without Seasons Greetings From Elvis & The Colonel: Advertisements for Elvis soundtrack albums on LP and EP to the left and to the right Elvis’ studio albums and EP’S and then underneath an ad for the three Christmas and sacred EP’S

and... Advertisements are for Elvis’ Golden single records up to that date and under that ads for the EP s and then under that the ad for the three Christmas and sacred EP’s.

All three versions printed in USA.

Topic author
pingpong

Post by pingpong »

HoneyTalkNelson wrote:I have the 1963 calendar but it does not have the top part with Seasons Greetings. Did they distribute two different versions?

I think you are referring to the bonus calendar included with the Girls Girls Girls album. Yes it was just the bottom half of what I posted, with the top half on the reverse. There were three variations of the reverse side.

Topic author
HoneyTalkNelson

From December 8, 1956

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Julian Grant

Post by Julian Grant »

Topic author
HoneyTalkNelson

Re: Holiday Wishes

All "trivial" images have been removed so an not to offend "Dr. John Carpenter."

JamesVRoy

Post by JamesVRoy »

I put upthe page about the 1958 card, here also is my copy of the 1960 postcard, of personalised or signed like Greybeard's though
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
HoneyTalkNelson

Here's a better copy of the ad I originally found and posted here on December 1.

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=73703&start=0#p1107191

Have a happy!

EPA4368

Post by EPA4368 »

HoneyTalkNelson wrote:Here's a better copy of the ad I originally found and posted here on December 1.

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=73703&start=0#p1107191

Have a happy!

Wow, it looks like it just came off the printing press.

Thanks for posting it again! :smt114

Topic author
HoneyTalkNelson

Thanks, it's my pleasure!

Topic author
HoneyTalkNelson

Here's a better copy of the 1961 Christmas card.

After completing KID GALAHAD on December 20, Elvis flew straight to Las Vegas. He spent Christmas at the Sahara Hotel instead of spending the holidays at home with Vernon, Dee and their three children. It was the last year he did not spend Christmas at Graceland.

The Billboard charts of December 25, 1961 must have made Elvis very proud. He had five albums in the Top 100 (three mono and two stereo) with BLUE HAWAII at number one. In addition, he had two songs on the Hot 100 singles chart with "Can't Help Falling in Love" entering the Top 10 that week.

Chris Roberts

Post by Chris Roberts »

Many thanks for those charts. I never knew that you had separate charts for mono and stereo albums, we only had the one chart fot LP's.

karlos

Post by karlos »

these are great ty for sharing em Honey Talk Nelson - happy hols to you and ya family