Off Topic Messages

Re: member David Neale

Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:06 pm

Wish you all the best for a quick recovery!

Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:04 pm

Take care and stay strong.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:22 pm

Also hope he is doing well.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:24 pm

Wishing you a speedy recovery David.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:14 pm

Hope you are soon on the mend !

Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:38 pm

All the best to you, David. Don't lose hope and faith.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:14 pm

davidneale wrote:Many thanks to those who have already sent me wishes for a speedy recovery and those who intend to do so.

Still a bit tender, but progress is being made. I should be going home on Monday, 3 December, if all goes according to plan.

Just to clear things up, I am now 64 years old, but was born at a very young age.

Incidentally, before coming to hospital, I put up a couple more "in depth" original research results on my site, one for "A Hundred Years From Now" and the other for "We'll Be Together."

Find them at http://davidneale.eu/elvis/ahyfn/ and http://davidneale.eu/elvis/wbt/

Again, thanks for the good wishes.

Still enjoying the book you once signed and posted for me, David. I hope by now you have been able to go back home, and further recover.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:05 pm

Hurray!! David is home at last, and says he's feeling much better. (I'll bet! A hospital is no place to be if you want to recover from surgery!) Here's his note to me, in part:

5 Dec 2012, at 6:44 AM

I came home from the hospital yesterday at about lunchtime. What with the preparations for leaving in the morning, the getting dressed, the receiving of instructions from the doctor handling my case and various nurses, the journey home by car (though not very far), I was quite exhausted by the time I got home and the combination of that plus a plentiful dose of pain-killers detached me from the rest of the world for the rest of the day!

I am feeling much refreshed today.

The (FECC members') messages are, indeed, heartening. I really didn't think so many people knew me.

David

WHAT A RELIEF!

Nancy

Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:46 am

Good news. Keep getting better, David.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:50 am

Glad to hear you're on the mend mate

norrie

Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:24 pm

Once again, thank you for all the good wishes.

Yes, I am now home. Recovery is slower than I had anticipated and it has its ups and downs. I can become extremely tired, especially in the afternoons and evenings, and things can occasionally be painful, too. Some of the staples (the modern alternative to stitches, apparently) were removed on Friday, as was the catheter, which is a great relief.