Off Topic Messages

Gene Vincent - Rock n Roll Singer (UK TV 1969)

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:19 am

Interesting find on YT. Love him or hate him this 1969 UK special reflects a very sad demise for one of the originals and loyal Rock n Rollers. What do others think ?

phpBB [video]

Re: Gene Vincent - Rock n Roll Singer (UK TV 1969)

Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:09 am

He tried to shoot Gary Glitter in the 60's so you've gotta like him just for that.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:22 am

Bodie wrote:He tried to shoot Gary Glitter in the 60's so you've gotta like him just for that.

:shock: Hey Bodie you wouldn't be happening to BS'ing us now would you ?!?? Sources and scans to back up your comment, please !

Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:38 am

I always enjoyed this special gene does look a sad figure at times but he could still rock out on stage !!!

And bodie is right anyone who whats to shoot gary glitter is alright in my book.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:09 am

Did he ever use Fleetwood Macs bass player?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:19 pm

Robt wrote:
Bodie wrote:He tried to shoot Gary Glitter in the 60's so you've gotta like him just for that.

:shock: Hey Bodie you wouldn't be happening to BS'ing us now would you ?!?? Sources and scans to back up your comment, please !

Gary Glitter said this himself when he was on This Is Your Life.

I have found the link to it on youtube, the story starts at 10:44secs.

http://youtu.be/SJHdtRQn2jw

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:07 pm

My girlfriend & I sailed on the MV Royal Daffodil from Gravesend for Calais on a Rock Across The Channel trip in '61.

Gene Vincent was supposed to join the ship at Southend, but he'd fallen downstairs & hurt his leg [we were told] & didn't show.

We had to settle for Tommy Bruce instead.

But we did get The Shadows, Duffy Power & a few I can't remember !

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:50 am

ColinB wrote:My girlfriend & I sailed on the MV Royal Daffodil from Gravesend for Calais on a Rock Across The Channel trip in '61.

Gene Vincent was supposed to join the ship at Southend, but he'd fallen downstairs & hurt his leg [we were told] & didn't show.

We had to settle for Tommy Bruce instead.

But we did get The Shadows, Duffy Power & a few I can't remember !

He probably had too much to drink :mrgreen:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:52 am

Bodie wrote:
Robt wrote:

Gary Glitter said this himself when he was on This Is Your Life.

I have found the link to it on youtube, the story starts at 10:44secs.

http://youtu.be/SJHdtRQn2jw

:shock: Yeah but Glitter could be BS'ing. Thanks Bodie for the link.