Off Topic Messages

What good thing did you do today?

Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:11 pm

I did today what I've been meaning to do for a long time, I bought myself a good, quality pair of walking boots. Not only that I bought a new Ordnance Survey Map, a hand carved walking stick and quality rucksack packed with coffee, biscuits and kendall's mint cake.

I set off to the Peak District and walked for 5 miles, stopped by a wall and had a rest and a cup of coffee soaking in the magnificent views. I then set off again for another 5 miles chatting to whoever crossed my path. I then took another well earned break where I enjoyed a biscuit and a corner of mint cake. I then...











Sorry........I'm rambling. :wink:

Re: What good thing did you do today?

Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:21 pm

I got up at 4:30 this morning, went downstairs and poured me a cup of coffee and watched the news for about 30 minutes. I then got up and went back upstairs to shave, shower and get ready for work. I arrived at work about 6:30 and talked to my floor supervisors to make sure everything was OK. I made a quick round on the production floor before going to my 7:00 staff meeting. The meeting lasted for about an hour. I came up to my office to get caught up on emails and phone messages. I then prepared my report from the previous days production numbers to present at my 9:30 Top 5 meeting. Afterwards, I made a quick trip out to the floor to check on some service parts that we are running for this afternoon's shipment. I had a sandwich and a diet Mountain Dew at approximately 11:30 at my desk. I browsed FECC for a bit to catch all of the latest happenings (if you want to call it that). I am preparing some material for an audit that I am conducting in about 30 minutes while replying to this thread. In the meantime, I have sent about a dozen text messages throughout the plant and returned several phone calls.

I will let you know later how the rest of my day goes.

Re: What good thing did you do today?

Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:21 pm

Delboy, you're not really Alan Partridge are ya ? :D

Re: What good thing did you do today?

Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:33 pm

I gave a food for poor deserted cats , like i do almost every day, so its not just for today

Re: What good thing did you do today?

Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:43 pm

Took the day off... went I my bicycle ride... about 20 miles... came back... getting caught up on emails... watched the News... browsed FECC... son called asking for $$... going back out for another bicycle ride... maybe this time 40 miles.

Re: What good thing did you do today?

Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:05 pm

Nothing good! All I seem to be doing lately is fall out with people.
Today I lost my temper with an idiot from an insurance company and also an electrician working at my house .
For good measure I called my son's Headteacher useless(yesterday)-which she is.
I seriously need to calm down.

I'll do good things tomorrow :smt059

Re: What good thing did you do today?

Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:57 pm

daylon wrote:Nothing good! All I seem to be doing lately is fall out with people.
Today I lost my temper with an idiot from an insurance company and also an electrician working at my house .
For good measure I called my son's Headteacher useless(yesterday)-which she is.
I seriously need to calm down.

I'll do good things tomorrow :smt059




Are you sure your scottish :lol:

Re: What good thing did you do today?

Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:59 pm

Delboy wrote:...Sorry........I'm rambling. :wink:


LOL !

Hope you were fully clothed...................

Re: What good thing did you do today?

Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:00 pm

I got lucky in a Bonhams auction, the prize a dozen BTS photo's of From Russia With Love :D

Re: What good thing did you do today?

Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:07 am

rocknroller wrote:
daylon wrote:Nothing good! All I seem to be doing lately is fall out with people.
Today I lost my temper with an idiot from an insurance company and also an electrician working at my house .
For good measure I called my son's Headteacher useless(yesterday)-which she is.
I seriously need to calm down.

I'll do good things tomorrow :smt059




Are you sure your scottish :lol:


:D
I know, we're usually a placid, non confrontational breed of people :wink: smt126

Re: What good thing did you do today?

Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:26 am

california boy wrote:I gave a food for poor deserted cats , like i do almost every day, so its not just for today


That`s a very nice thing to do, You have a kind heart :) .

Alan.

Re: What good thing did you do today?

Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:37 am

I insulted Blue River. Always makes me feel good!

Re: What good thing did you do today?

Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:45 am

Now that's funny right there. I don't care who you are, that there is funny. If you don't think that there is funny, you just need to get the hell out of here.

Those damned Cardinals!

Re: What good thing did you do today?

Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:00 am

poormadpeter wrote:I insulted Blue River. Always makes me feel good!


Peter, don't get me wrong, but that was unnecessary... :|

Re: What good thing did you do today?

Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:08 am

billyblues wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:I insulted Blue River. Always makes me feel good!


Peter, don't get me wrong, but that was unnecessary... :|


Sorry, sometimes a guy winds you up so much you just have to blow a fuse.

Re: What good thing did you do today?

Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:14 am

poormadpeter wrote:I insulted Blue River. Always makes me feel good!

Rob wrote:Now that's funny right there. I don't care who you are, that there is funny. If you don't think that there is funny, you just need to get the hell out of here.

:lol: I agree! That was so funny! :smt005 That poormadpeter keeps me in stitches! :smt005

And I'll tell you something even funnier, Rob...
Wednesday afternoon - Cardinals 8, Nationals 0 smt174

Re: What good thing did you do today?

Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:55 am

Congrats, my friend! :D

Re: What good thing did you do today?

Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:00 am

I gave a framed and autograped photograph of Carl Sandburg to a friend.

Re: What good thing did you do today?

Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:07 am

daylon wrote:
rocknroller wrote:
daylon wrote:Nothing good! All I seem to be doing lately is fall out with people.
Today I lost my temper with an idiot from an insurance company and also an electrician working at my house .
For good measure I called my son's Headteacher useless(yesterday)-which she is.
I seriously need to calm down.

I'll do good things tomorrow :smt059




Are you sure your scottish :lol:


:D
I know, we're usually a placid, non confrontational breed of people :wink: smt126



Now this is true :wink: :lol:

Re: What good thing did you do today?

Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:20 pm

I put in the DVD Titanic and watched a little over half of it before I realized I didn't turn the TV on :?

Then I stopped by McDonald's and got me a Whopper, and large fry before going to the zoo to see my family.

After that I ran out of gas in the middle of an oil change, so I had to change my wipers right in the middle of the 6 O'clock news because I couldn't hear sh*t !!

Then I got an important call, and I'll be damned if I didn't know who it was because I left my phone at home right next to the door bell and couldn't even tell who in the hell came over today!

Hang on my pancakes are done let me get the mouse out of the skillet so I can feed my cat Lassie! BRB!!

Re: What good thing did you do today?

Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:37 pm

jak wrote:Had a stray hunting dog show up on the front porch recently looking awfully tired and hungry.I contacted every rescue in the area trying to find him a home.They all said they were at capacity and could take no more dogs.The only option was the local shelter.One lady at the rescue told me to make sure the shelter euthanizes the dogs in a humane way before I took him there.Something about gas or a heart stab.I wasnt planning for another dog right now but after looking into those big brown eyes I couldnt take him to a shelter.So today I bought him a nice new collar and doghouse.He's officially mine now.He will spend his days outside and come into the house at night and sleep in comfort.The dog probably thinks he hit the lottery.


Brilliant................. :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 lovely story

Re: What good thing did you do today?

Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:44 pm

jak wrote:Had a stray hunting dog show up on the front porch recently looking awfully tired and hungry.I contacted every rescue in the area trying to find him a home.They all said they were at capacity and could take no more dogs.The only option was the local shelter.One lady at the rescue told me to make sure the shelter euthanizes the dogs in a humane way before I took him there.Something about gas or a heart stab.I wasnt planning for another dog right now but after looking into those big brown eyes I couldnt take him to a shelter.So today I bought him a nice new collar and doghouse.He's officially mine now.He will spend his days outside and come into the house at night and sleep in comfort.The dog probably thinks he hit the lottery.

Nice one Jak

Re: What good thing did you do today?

Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:20 pm

Chad Gates wrote:
california boy wrote:I gave a food for poor deserted cats , like i do almost every day, so its not just for today


That`s a very nice thing to do, You have a kind heart :) .

Alan.


Hello Alan :)
Thank you for your kind warm words, i really appriciate it
Wish you a blessful wonderful week
Lior :smt006

Re: What good thing did you do today?

Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:55 pm

jak wrote:Had a stray hunting dog show up on the front porch recently looking awfully tired and hungry.I contacted every rescue in the area trying to find him a home.They all said they were at capacity and could take no more dogs.The only option was the local shelter.One lady at the rescue told me to make sure the shelter euthanizes the dogs in a humane way before I took him there.Something about gas or a heart stab.I wasnt planning for another dog right now but after looking into those big brown eyes I couldnt take him to a shelter.So today I bought him a nice new collar and doghouse.He's officially mine now.He will spend his days outside and come into the house at night and sleep in comfort.The dog probably thinks he hit the lottery.



As a dog lover myself thats a very nice story to readf well done :smt023 please post a photo of your new dog !!!

Re: What good thing did you do today?

Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:26 pm

jak wrote:Here he is.



Ahhhhh, he's like mine (nearly) yours is an English Pointer isn't he?

Mine (Bruno) is a German Pointer.....all liver
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.