Off Topic Messages

Duke Bardwell’s “You & I” CD is out

Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:21 am

http://www.liquidcoastfilms.com/Liquid_ ... lcome.html

"Check out the latest project from our sister company,

Self-Proclaimed Entertainment ...

Duke Bardwell’s “You & I” is the motion picture soundtrack to the film “Duke & The King”— a soulful music documentary that explores the obscure career of one of the great, unheralded voices in American music.

“Duke Bardwell - briefly the bass player in Elvis' TCB Band - has been one of the jewels of Northwest Florida for as long as I can remember... a former member and godfather to the popular band Dread Clampitt, he has championed many of the up-and-coming musicians in our tune-rich area. He's a great, great singer, too, and now the whole world is about to find out. This is the soundtrack to an upcoming film about the man and his time with the Presley organization.”

— Chris Manson, Editor, Beachcomber"

Re: Duke Bardwell’s “You & I” CD is out

Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:36 pm

elvis4life wrote:http://www.liquidcoastfilms.com/Liquid_Coast_Films/Welcome.html

"Check out the latest project from our sister company,

Self-Proclaimed Entertainment ...

Duke Bardwell’s “You & I” is the motion picture soundtrack to the film “Duke & The King”— a soulful music documentary that explores the obscure career of one of the great, unheralded voices in American music.

Duke Bardwell - briefly the bass player in Elvis' TCB Band - has been one of the jewels of Northwest Florida for as long as I can remember... a former member and godfather to the popular band Dread Clampitt, he has championed many of the up-and-coming musicians in our tune-rich area. He's a great, great singer, too, and now the whole world is about to find out. This is the soundtrack to an upcoming film about the man and his time with the Presley organization.”

— Chris Manson, Editor, Beachcomber"

Briefly? Duke played bass in the TCB Band for more than a year (January 1974 - April 1975). The band supported Presley from July 1969 to June 1977, so that means Bardwell held down the bottom for 18% of that time.