Off Topic Messages

Eddie Cochran - Money Honey & Don't ...(Mono Expanded Mix)

Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:24 am

Hey Eddie fans, These are my new You Tube uploads that I remixed. It's still Mono but simply changing the frequency on one channel does give it a stereo like impression. Of the two I think Money Honey came up the best. What do you think ?

[youtube][http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8X5rRNdwOw&list=UUAcJ2dku8ZQAGjV9u9Zv0kw&index=2&feature=plcp/youtube]

phpBB [video]

Last edited by Robt on Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Eddie Cochran - Money Honey & Don't ...(Mono Expanded M

Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:25 am

phpBB [video]

Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:47 am

This must be the one that features Fleetwood Mac on bass!

Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:01 am

I think Money Honey [from "Boy Meets Girls"] works best, Rob.
Thanks for going to the trouble. Sounds good.

Don't Blame It On Me from "At Town Hall Party" [Bear Family] is from a thought long-lost 16mm kinescope, so the quality isn't great to begin with.
That said, it remains a truly essential DVD for the dedicated Cochran fan.

phpBB [video]

Don't Blame It On Me (February 7, 1959 - Town Hall Party TV show - Los Angeles)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:45 am

thanks elvisalisellers. I guess there's no film exists of Eddie's 1960 Boy Meets Girl shows ?

Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:50 am

Robt wrote:thanks elvisalisellers. I guess there's no film exists of Eddie's 1960 Boy Meets Girl shows ?

Apparently, all of the tapes were wiped and no copies survive in the ITV archives. But look what a surprise the emergence of the "Town Hall Party" footage turned out to be! So there's always hope an "outside" source could possibly hold some of Eddie's lost U.K. TV appearances.

I'd personally like to know what source was used for the outstanding audio quality we hear on these shows - some of which debuted as far back as 1972 [see "On The Air" LP below].
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.