Off Topic Messages

Song on Dewey Phillips CD - Red, Hot & Blue?

Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:23 pm

Can anyone name the song and band on the above CD at 46.43. Sounds like Dewey says it's 'How Many Times' by the Oklahoma Boys? I've looked on Amazon and Google but no trace. The song has a great groove. Does anyone have a copy of the 45? Help!

Re: Song on Dewey Phillips CD - Red, Hot & Blue?

Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:01 am

Steve wrote:Can anyone name the song and band on the above CD at 46.43. Sounds like Dewey says it's 'How Many Times' by the Oklahoma Boys? I've looked on Amazon and Google but no trace. The song has a great groove. Does anyone have a copy of the 45? Help!

Wow, I haven't listened to that in ages.

IIRC, it's "How Many Times" by the Road, taken from a bit of a 1966 aircheck. Dewey doesn't like the track at all, and tells you so!

Re: Song on Dewey Phillips CD - Red, Hot & Blue?

Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:00 pm

No, Dewey certainly doesn't like the song!!! Thanks Dr John.

Re: Song on Dewey Phillips CD - Red, Hot & Blue?

Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:16 pm

Hi Doc, have searched everywhere for this track (Amazon, Youtube, Google) but can't find it. Do you know any further info, label etc? Many thanks.

Re: Song on Dewey Phillips CD - Red, Hot & Blue?

Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:15 am

Steve wrote:Hi Doc, have searched everywhere for this track (Amazon, Youtube, Google) but can't find it. Do you know any further info, label etc? Many thanks.


No, nothing. Maybe the group name isn't quite right. Do you or anyone have a complete playlist for the songs and artists we hear on the Dewey Phillips air checks? IIRC, we have one from the mid-fifties and one from circa 1965-1966. Looking at everything played might provide some context.

Re: Song on Dewey Phillips CD - Red, Hot & Blue?

Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:56 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Steve wrote:Can anyone name the song and band on the above CD at 46.43. Sounds like Dewey says it's 'How Many Times' by the Oklahoma Boys? I've looked on Amazon and Google but no trace. The song has a great groove. Does anyone have a copy of the 45? Help!

Wow, I haven't listened to that in ages.

IIRC, it's "How Many Times" by the Road, taken from a bit of a 1966 aircheck. Dewey doesn't like the track at all, and tells you so!

Could this be the one?

Re: Song on Dewey Phillips CD - Red, Hot & Blue?

Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:22 pm

Thanks for the encouragement Doc, I will keep looking.

Promiseland thanks for your reply, but unfortunately it's a different song.

Re: Song on Dewey Phillips CD - Red, Hot & Blue?

Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:54 pm

Steve wrote:Thanks for the encouragement Doc, I will keep looking.

Promiseland thanks for your reply, but unfortunately it's a different song.


I still keep an eye out for what song this may be, no luck yet. Anything from you?