Off Topic Messages

Met Lisa Marie Last Night

Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:45 pm

Probably nothing nobody hasn’t heard before and not too much of an exciting story but I thought I'd share it anyway.

To Start - She was playing at Carnegie Hall in NYC so it was a small intimate venue. I'm not familiar with any of her music at all and wasn't even going by choice. We got tickets completely unrelated to the fact that I'm an Elvis fan. I was 50/50 on going but being that I had nothing going on, I figured I'd go to at least put another check in the box - seeing Elvis' daughter in concert

I actually ended up having a great time. Her music was nothing like her dads, which we all already knew but I thought I'd just mention it anyway. She sings with a deep voice (vibrato singer?) and did most songs off her new album, which really doesn't make a difference to me anyway because I don't know her music. Her music is actually really good. It's a folk / blues mix and I really thought her songs were catchy. She played that same type of drum that Elvis played in "I'll Be Back" and played it pretty good. She really rocked it out.

We sat in the 8th row and eventually made our way to the stage. Why did I go to the stage? I have no idea. I guess, because they were letting people do it and there was room so I figured why not. She had no stage presence at all but had strong sex appeal. There was just something really sexy going on there.
During the encore she reached out and gave everyone standing in front a high five so I thought that was cool being that I got to see her up-close. You could tell that she had some miles on her but still looked good overall considering what she's been through.

The best part:
After the concert when we were leaving, we made a wrong turn and ended up in the fan club section. The guy asked if we had our passes and we said, "yes". He never asked us to see them so we just hung out. They had us form a line and we were the last ones in the back. They told everyone to turn around because she was coming out of a different area. We were now first. When she came out I was actually star stuck because all I saw was Elvis. The Eyes, Nose, and just overall face was Elvis. She was a tiny little thing. Very Sexy!

She signed my ticket stub and took a picture with me and my fiancé. All I said was, "Great show, Thank You, I Really Enjoyed That, Enjoy your STAY in NYC". She said, "what" and then laughed. I said, "Enjoy your STAY in NYC". She said, "I thought you said to enjoy your SLICE in NYC" (she had pizza before she came out) and we both laughed. While talking to people in line, they said she was moody and standoffish, which I could totally see her being like, but she wasn't that way towards us. She wasn't your typical southern girl but I though she was very nice.

The End
Last edited by ElvisTheKid on Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Met Lisa Marie Last Night

Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:13 pm

ElvisTheKid wrote: I thought she was very nice.

You did'nt smack her in the buttocks ?

Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:06 pm

cool story and that's great you got to meet her :smt023

Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:21 pm

ElvisTheKid wrote:Probably nothing nobody hasn’t heard before and not too much of an exciting story but I thought I'd share it anyway.

To Start - She was playing at Carnegie Hall in NYC so it was a small intimate venue. I'm not familiar with any of her music at all and wasn't even going by choice. We got tickets completely unrelated to the fact that I'm an Elvis fan. I was 50/50 on going but being that I had nothing going on, I figured I'd go to at least put another check in the box - seeing Elvis' daughter in concert

I actually ended up having a great time. Her music was nothing like her dads, which we all already knew but I thought I'd just mention it anyway. She sings with a deep voice (vibrato singer?) and did most songs off her new album, which really doesn't make a difference to me anyway because I don't know her music. Her music is actually really good. It's a folk / blues mix and I really thought her songs were catchy. She played that same type of drum that Elvis played in "I'll Be Back" and played it pretty good. She really rocked it out.

We sat in the 8th row and eventually made our way to the stage. Why did I go to the stage? I have no idea. I guess, because they were letting people do it and there was room so I figured why not. She had no stage presence at all but had strong sex appeal. There was just something really sexy going on there.
During the encore she reached out and gave everyone standing in front a high five so I thought that was cool being that I got to see her up-close. You could tell that she had some miles on her but still looked good overall considering what she's been through.

The best part:
After the concert when we were leaving, we made a wrong turn and ended up in the fan club section. The guy asked if we had our passes and we said, "yes". He never asked us to see them so we just hung out. They had us form a line and we were the last ones in the back. They told everyone to turn around because she was coming out of a different area. We were now first. When she came out I was actually star stuck because all I saw was Elvis. The Eyes, Nose, and just overall face was Elvis. She was a tiny little thing. Very Sexy!

She signed my ticket stub and took a picture with me and my fiancé. All I said was, "Great show, Thank You, I Really Enjoyed That, Enjoy your STAY in NYC". She said what and laughed. I said Enjoy your STAY in NYC. She said, I thought you said to enjoy your SLICE in NYC (she had pizza before she came out) and we both laughed. While talking to people in line, they said she was moody and standoffish, which I could totally see her being like, but she wasn't that way towards us. She wasn't your typical southern girl but I though she was very nice.

The End

you totally sum up the way I think about her (musically and looks)...I really want to 'get her' with her being Elvis' Daughter......

we ran into her backstage at the concert at the Fed Ex, totally unexpected, but she is so petite and tiny......

Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:12 am

ElvisTheKid wrote:Probably nothing nobody hasn’t heard before and not too much of an exciting story but I thought I'd share it anyway.

Hey, don't sell yourself short. That was a very cool experience! Thanks for sharing......

Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:43 pm

KHoots wrote:

Hey, don't sell yourself short. That was a very cool experience! Thanks for sharing......

Yeah seriously. I live here and had no idea she was in town for show. Damn!

Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:58 pm

intheghetto wrote:
KHoots wrote:

Yeah seriously. I live here and had no idea she was in town for show. Damn!

Cool story.

Wish I lived in NYC, unbelievable city, I got married there a few years back at the City Hall. Great memories.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:15 am

Cool story indeed.

Thanks for sharing with us. It must have been a great experience!

Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:10 am

The closest I ever got to meeting Lisa Marie was an arm's length away from her at Graceland in August when, after her & Priscilla's discussion on Friday she went out in front of the Sirius radio booth and signed autographs. Unfortunately, I didn't get an autograph. I thought she would be coming back around but she never did. Blast my feeble brain for not thinking to go to the other side. Here's my picture I was able to get that day:

lisa-marie.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:35 am

At least you got a picture, and it a pretty good one too Brian!

Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:16 pm

BrianTCB wrote:The closest I ever got to meeting Lisa Marie was an arm's length away from her at Graceland in August when, after her & Priscilla's discussion on Friday she went out in front of the Sirius radio booth and signed autographs. Unfortunately, I didn't get an autograph. I thought she would be coming back around but she never did. Blast my feeble brain for not thinking to go to the other side. Here's my picture I was able to get that day:

lisa-marie.jpg

lol.......I'm surprised you didn't see my mate Michael getting her to sign his arm, following day he got the autograph tattooed.......he adores her

Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:50 pm

BrianTCB wrote:The closest I ever got to meeting Lisa Marie was an arm's length away from her at Graceland in August when, after her & Priscilla's discussion on Friday she went out in front of the Sirius radio booth and signed autographs. Unfortunately, I didn't get an autograph. I thought she would be coming back around but she never did. Blast my feeble brain for not thinking to go to the other side. Here's my picture I was able to get that day:

lisa-marie.jpg

that's great you got a picture of her :smt001