Why "Loving You" dvd so rare and expensive?

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
showfan
Registered for: 13 years 10 months

Why "Loving You" dvd so rare and expensive?

Post by showfan »

Does anyone know why "Loving You" on DVD is so rare and expensive? I can't find many, regardless of where I look(Amazon, E-Bay, etc) and the ones there are $40-$50. There are some "Four-Packs" of other movies as low as $10.

Blue River
Banned
Banned
Registered for: 12 years 4 months

Re: Why "Loving You" dvd so rare and expensive?

Post by Blue River »

showfan wrote:Does anyone know why "Loving You" on DVD is so rare and expensive? I can't find many, regardless of where I look(Amazon, E-Bay, etc) and the ones there are $40-$50. There are some "Four-Packs" of other movies as low as $10.
Maybe because it's out of print.

This user is no longer a member. They have either been banned or requested their account to be closed.

greystoke

Post by greystoke »

I'm not certain if this is a deleted title, but the price on Amazon.com via marketplace sellers is indicative of those who chance their luck on someone so eager to purchase this release (and others, besides) that they'll pay an exorbitant amount. Amazon.co.uk has Loving You on DVD for little more than £1.00. I haven't checked eBay, but surely it can be found for much less on there, too.

Topic author
showfan
Registered for: 13 years 10 months

Post by showfan »

greystoke wrote:I'm not certain if this is a deleted title, but the price on Amazon.com via marketplace sellers is indicative of those who chance their luck on someone so eager to purchase this release (and others, besides) that they'll pay an exorbitant amount. Amazon.co.uk has Loving You on DVD for little more than £1.00. I haven't checked eBay, but surely it can be found for much less on there, too.
Thanks! I hadn't even thought of Amazon.uk. I see they have some much better prices!

poormadpeter

Post by poormadpeter »

showfan wrote:
greystoke wrote:I'm not certain if this is a deleted title, but the price on Amazon.com via marketplace sellers is indicative of those who chance their luck on someone so eager to purchase this release (and others, besides) that they'll pay an exorbitant amount. Amazon.co.uk has Loving You on DVD for little more than £1.00. I haven't checked eBay, but surely it can be found for much less on there, too.
Thanks! I hadn't even thought of Amazon.uk. I see they have some much better prices!
make sure you have a multiregion dvd player though if you're in the states!

Blue River
Banned
Banned

Post by Blue River »

I found one for you, showfan ...
$22.69 with free shipping and 10% back if you order today.
>> http://www.buy.com/prod/elvis-loving-you/40215610.html

This user is no longer a member. They have either been banned or requested their account to be closed.

KiwiAlan
Registered for: 21 years

Post by KiwiAlan »

Loving You has an unique owner....NBC... who bought the rights for restoration and screening many years ago.

NBC is not in the DVD business and have set the price too high for others to take up the rights

When you get to the point where you really understand your computer, it's probably obsolete

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

I'm pretty sure I got this movie free from a Daily Mail giveaway that the family forwarded to me.

poormadpeter

Post by poormadpeter »

Matthew wrote:I'm pretty sure I got this movie free from a Daily Mail giveaway that the family forwarded to me.
My copy is the same.

HoneyTalkNelson

Post by HoneyTalkNelson »

It's now owned by NBC Universal.

joshferrell
Registered for: 20 years 9 months

Post by joshferrell »

that's the only one I don't have of his movies on dvd,., :(

likethebike
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by likethebike »

Greystoke is right. Very often on Amazon, because it's a worldwide brand name market, people take a flyer and just and try and see what they can get for an out of print item. I was looking a few years ago for a book on the Wild, Wild West TV show and the guy was charging $200 what you would pay for a first edition classic, not a little history of a TV show. I don't know who would fork the money for something like that, an item that you just want to read not mount on your wall.
Last edited by likethebike on Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Eder
Registered for: 19 years 7 months

Post by Mike Eder »

It is rare but the DVD is an excellent transfer well worth seeing.

Mike Eder

debtd1
Registered for: 15 years 6 months

Post by debtd1 »

poormadpeter wrote:
Matthew wrote:I'm pretty sure I got this movie free from a Daily Mail giveaway that the family forwarded to me.
My copy is the same.
mine too

"No-one, but no-one, is his equal, or ever will be. He was, and is supreme". Mick Jagger

JimmyCool
Registered for: 16 years 3 months
Mood:

Post by JimmyCool »

It's easy to find it here in Chile, but only in fullscreen.

Note: This post is intended solely for FECC forum readers. Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this post is strictly prohibited.

ECC83
Registered for: 14 years 3 months

Post by ECC83 »

I used to see all the Elvis movies regularly at JB Hi Fi and KMart in Australia for sale from $5 - $10, they are regularly on during Christmas too, here it is for $7:

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/dvd/dvd-genres/drama-romance/loving-you-elvis-presley/229379

Don't know whether they necessarily have it always in stock though.

JimmyCool
Registered for: 16 years 3 months
Mood:

Post by JimmyCool »

Why is this in the "Off Topic" section? :|

Note: This post is intended solely for FECC forum readers. Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this post is strictly prohibited.

Daryl
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Daryl »

I seem to recall back in August, 2002, NBC screened "Loving You" on network television. Later that fall, NBC aired the television special "Elvis Lives" to promote "ELV1S 30 #1 Hits." When they aired it, they ran a commercial for http://www.shopnbc.com and that website sold copies of the "Loving You" DVD along with a copy of "ELV1S 30 #1 Hits." I seriously doubt they still carry "Loving You," but it probably wouldn't hurt to call them up and ask or contact them via their website / e-mail.

Daryl

3DS Friend Code 0387-8874-3735

Coming Soon --> ELVIS SESSIONS IV

Blue River
Banned
Banned

Post by Blue River »

ECC83 wrote:I used to see all the Elvis movies regularly at JB Hi Fi and KMart in Australia for sale from $5 - $10, they are regularly on during Christmas too, here it is for $7:
http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/dvd/dvd-genres/drama-romance/loving-you-elvis-presley/229379
Don't know whether they necessarily have it always in stock though.
Great price, but I wonder what the shipping cost from Australia to the U.S. is and if it's a Region 1 disc?

TCK_KING
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by TCK_KING »

Try getting the 16:9 anamorphic version of the movie....its much better than the standard 4:3 version.
Mine is a german copy with english audio track.

mjsantafe
Registered for: 18 years 10 months

Post by mjsantafe »

While I certainly do not recommend such actions...the last official U.S. release that included guest interviews with Martin Sheen among others had no copy guard protection whatsoever. So if you can find someone with the DVD...oh, never mind.