Off Topic Messages

CO, WASHINGTON ST. Legalize pot recreationally!

Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:15 am

I have NEVER, but I may go to a snowy state and try my first brownie! Good for the economy everywhere, and no one has ever died of pot!

Enjoy, legally! (Be careful; don't overdo. Moderation in everything!)

http://www.krdo.com/news/economy-tracker/Marijuana-legalization-passes-in-Colorado-Washington/-/477266/17304748/-/x5ih6az/-/index.html

phpBB [video]

And if you're ever alone in Colorado, sittin' on the back porch, all by yourself, well, ALONG (WILL COME) MARY JANE, and you'll be WITH SOMEBODY ELSE!

phpBB [video]

(The lyrics are close to perfect, but most can hear for themselves!)

rjm

Re: CO, WASHINGTON ST. Legalize pot recreationally!

Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:31 am

Ok, what do people think? Would you have voted for it?

Do you think its wrong? Should the feds crack down?

I think that would be the HEIGHT of hypocrisy! (I can criticize him, now!)

Leave those folks alone! Do what's right! (What do you think?)

I hope he doesn't act like a gray-headed old politician. (Bad politics.)

rjm

Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:31 pm

rjm the last thing you need to be is High !

Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:31 am

promiseland wrote:rjm the last thing you need to be is High !

You already know me so well! LOL!

(You know, after a night of shenanigans at 'bama when I was like 20, the next day some guy came over to me and my boyfriend, and said "Robin, you were SO drunk last night!" We both looked at each other, and at him . . . all I had were co-colas! A lot of sugar and caffeine, but no alcohol at all! So, yeah, you're right! :smt005 )

rjm

Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:41 am

Legalize it
even though i have no use for it now,that does not mean i never used it,and when i did i inhaled a lot and enjoyed it

Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:14 pm

promiseland wrote:rjm the last thing you need to be is High !

lol......good one :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:10 am

This is an incredibly important vote. The media missed the point almost entirely on the issue. The issue isn't that Joe average can now toke up in Colorado and Washington States, it's that if he decides that make that decision that he will not have to forfeit his freedom and his property if the government finds out. That people can walk down the street and not worry about drug related searches.

The war on drugs is the biggest disgrace in this country and neither party mentioned it in the election. It should have ranked next to the economy, global warming and the war on terror. The United States supposedly the freest nation in the world imprisons a greater percentage of its population than any country in the world, and the vast majority of those arrests are drug related. Worse urban neighborhoods are turned into shooting matches because of these laws. The profits are so big in illegal drugs that much of Mexico has basically become a lawless war ground as gangsters wipe out opponents, innocents in the streets and thumb their noses at the government. Get rid of their market. Focus our own crime resources on real criminals, murderers and rapists instead of people making a decision to pollute their own bodies. Make money on the drugs by taxing it, and use that money for drug awareness programs and both voluntary and mandatory treatment for drugs.

Maybe these elections are a first step towards actual sensible drug policy.

Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:49 am

I don't consider Pot to be drugs at all and hope the rest of the country follows suit. I'm not a particularly left or right wing person, but I feel it to be about the safest vice there is-if you can call it one.

Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:53 pm

rjm wrote

"Good for the economy everywhere, and no one has ever died of pot!

I f you don't count road deaths where pot was a factor. Or domestic violence deaths,

or pot as an introduction to harder drugs

Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:03 am

KiwiAlan wrote:rjm wrote

"Good for the economy everywhere, and no one has ever died of pot!

I f you don't count road deaths where pot was a factor. Or domestic violence deaths,

or pot as an introduction to harder drugs

Do share your data on these death rates, or how pot leads to "harder drugs." :D