Off Topic Messages

Alvin Lee has died

Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:27 am

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/music/chi-alvin-lee

Quite unexpected. My favorite guitarist. R.I.P. Alvin.

Re: Alvin Lee has died

Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:06 am

Sad news. Thank you Alvin Lee for connecting the dots between Sun Studio and Woodstock. Your performance on 8.17.1969 was a one of the many highlight of that legendary three day festival. A real musician. Your performance not only reached 400,000 but the world. Now,then, and for eternity. God bless.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:37 am

intheghetto wrote:Sad news. Thank you Alvin Lee for connecting the dots between Sun Studio and Woodstock. Your performance on 8.17.1969 was a one of the many highlight of that legendary three day festival. A real musician. Your performance not only reached 400,000 but the world. Now,then, and for eternity. God bless.

Didn't know. Very sad indeed.

Well, I couldn't have said it better.

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:57 am

Well said, intheghetto. "I'm goin' home... by helicopter." Alvin and the boys set that chilly August night on fire by serving up to the new generation a heavy dose of good ol' in-your-face rock & roll (with some blues mixed in). By the time Lee walked off the stage (carrying that watermelon on his shoulder), his name was forever ingraved in the annals of rock & roll history. He's "goin' home" for good now, but the music he leaves behind will live on forever. Thank you, Alvin!

Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:21 pm

Loved"Slow blues in C"
RIP Alvin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:43 pm

Thats really sad to read. Still remember it took me a while to realise he was playing manic RnR -while watching Woodstock the first time. One of my all time favorite Guitarist. RIP

Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:42 am

Sad news indeed! Another guitar great from the ´60s & ´70s gone...his incredible performance at Woodstock in ´69 was the singel act that made the most impression on me as a kid watching the movie for the first time. Been listening to "I´d Love To Change The World" on vinyl all evening...great stuff, brilliantly played and sung as always! Thank you for the sounds and the music, Alvin! May you rest in peace!

Sincerely MB280E