Off Topic Messages

Re: Tcb-World

Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:46 pm

Tony Trout wrote:
memphisto wrote:
karlos wrote:
memphisto wrote:They haven't renewed their domain name. It expired on the 20th January

Geez - thats a shame - I cant believe this has happened - ive been visiting the site for years - :o

They have just over a month to renew the domain after the expiry date. They then have another month or so to renew the domain but it will cost a lot more to renew it.

I dont know who administers the domain but they may just have forgotten their login, been on holiday or have an illness

What really "bites" is the fact that I've seen this happen TOO MUCH with TCB-World. I know they are probably still trying to recover from the loss of one of their Mods, Tommy, and I don't blame them - but letting the domain name expire is senseless.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well I am sure I and a few others can help out if they need help, all they need to do is ask...

As far as I can tell the domain is registered at http://www.npsis.com so all they usually would need is the login details and a credit card to renew the domain. If they dont know the details then having access to the emails of the admin contact for the domain would enable them to get this information usually (and change it if needed).

Hope that helps if anyone is out there.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:01 pm

memphisto wrote:
Well I am sure I and a few others can help out if they need help, all they need to do is ask...

As far as I can tell the domain is registered at http://www.npsis.com so all they usually would need is the login details and a credit card to renew the domain. If they dont know the details then having access to the emails of the admin contact for the domain would enable them to get this information usually (and change it if needed).

I appreciate your response memphisto, it's been at least 2 days now, I do have another question if you don't mind, what happens to the content if the site isn't renewed?

Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:55 pm

Snake Eyes wrote:
memphisto wrote:

I appreciate your response memphisto, it's been at least 2 days now, I do have another question if you don't mind, what happens to the content if the site isn't renewed?

The content of the site disappears from the servers if the owner does not pay his fee.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:39 pm

Hi everyone,

I like to apologize to all TCB members about what happened. I wasn't aware of that expiring date, since our admin always took care of that.

Since Tommy's passing our administrator, a close friend to Tommy, did contact us mods only two times. He was or is going through a very difficult time in his life. I'm contacting the other mods, and we are again trying to contact our admin.

We will do our best to bring TCB World back, it was never our intention to stop with TCB World.

I will keep you posted in this thread.

Thank you,
Sonny

Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:41 pm

thanks Sonny for this info....will be good to see it up and running again

Deb

Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:58 pm

zolderopruiming1 wrote:
Snake Eyes wrote:
memphisto wrote:

The content of the site disappears from the servers if the owner does not pay his fee.

Actually not true, hosting and domain name are usually separate and often have different expiry dates, also domain name may have been registered at a different hosting company from the domain. But if it is the same company that holds hosting and domain name with the same expiry date on both hosting and domain name then I guess it is possible but I would think quite rare and harsh to do that.

If the hosting is still active then the content can be downloaded and uploaded to a new domain if the current domain cant be renewed

Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:53 am

memphisto wrote:
zolderopruiming1 wrote:
Snake Eyes wrote:
memphisto wrote:

Actually not true, hosting and domain name are usually separate and often have different expiry dates, also domain name may have been registered at a different hosting company from the domain. But if it is the same company that holds hosting and domain name with the same expiry date on both hosting and domain name then I guess it is possible but I would think quite rare and harsh to do that.

If the hosting is still active then the content can be downloaded and uploaded to a new domain if the current domain cant be renewed

Don't most sites, even huge ones, maintain local backups of content? I suppose it depends on the amount of data, but somehow, a backup should always be maintained, because anything can happen. Or if a site is huge enough, perhaps that's not possible? I don't know.

rjm

Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:17 pm

rjm wrote:
memphisto wrote:
zolderopruiming1 wrote:
Snake Eyes wrote:
memphisto wrote:

Don't most sites, even huge ones, maintain local backups of content? I suppose it depends on the amount of data, but somehow, a backup should always be maintained, because anything can happen. Or if a site is huge enough, perhaps that's not possible? I don't know.

rjm

Local backups are always a good idea. I do that with this server and the FECC DB alone is HUGE (many GB's of data). If not local, the host should at least give access to a secondary drive on the server to mirror to. But that also assumes that the server will always be okay and functioning.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:23 am

Sonny wrote:Hi everyone,

I like to apologize to all TCB members about what happened. I wasn't aware of that expiring date, since our admin always took care of that.

Since Tommy's passing our administrator, a close friend to Tommy, did contact us mods only two times. He was or is going through a very difficult time in his life. I'm contacting the other mods, and we are again trying to contact our admin.

We will do our best to bring TCB World back, it was never our intention to stop with TCB World.

Thank you,
Sonny

It will be great to see the site up and running again, and Tommy wouldn't want it any other way!!!!!!!!!! 8)

Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:37 pm

their account on twitter is inactive also.

What can we assume then ?

Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:04 pm

dunno.....dont seem to be in any hurry to get it back up and running do they?

Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:39 pm

TCB-World is dead.

It's bleedin' demised !

It's passed on !

It is no more !

It's ceased to be !

It's expired & gone to meet its maker !

It's a stiff !

Bereft of life, it rests in peace !

It's metabolic processes are now history !

It's off the twig !

It's kicked the bucket !

It's shuffled off its mortal coil & joined the choir invisible !

It's an ex-forum !

Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:49 pm

Thank you,
Sonny

Sonny,

Thank you for the update, my friend. I know ya'll were very close with Tommy and I know his loss to TCB-World is incalculable. My condolences. We all look forward to seeing the TCB-World site back up soon!

Once again, thanks for the update.

Take Care,
Tony Trout

P.S. Would you ALL lighten up?? Sonny said that they're not going to let the site die. They're trying their best to get in touch with the person who owns the domain. Geez...sometimes you just can't please anybody even when you get information straight from people associated with a website. :roll:

Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:05 pm

Tony Trout wrote:

Thank you,
Sonny

P.S. Would you ALL lighten up?? Sonny said that they're not going to let the site die. They're trying their best to get in touch with the person who owns the domain. Geez...sometimes you just can't please anybody even when you get information straight from people associated with a website. :roll: [/i][/b]

Actually Sonny said they would do their best not that they wouldn't let it die.

If they can't get a hold of the administrator or if there are any other unforseen factors then bringing TCB-World back might not happen.

Sonny hasn't been back to give an update on the site in 6 days.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:43 pm

ColinB wrote:TCB-World is dead.

It's bleedin' demised !

It's passed on !

It is no more !

It's ceased to be !

It's a stiff !

It's off the twig !

It's kicked the bucket !

It's an ex-forum !

Will you stop being so vague for once?

What in the hell are you trying to say?

Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:21 am

Hopefully Sonny will be back with good news!!!

Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:31 am

ColinB wrote:TCB-World is dead.

It's bleedin' demised !

It's passed on !

It is no more !

It's ceased to be !

It's a stiff !

It's off the twig !

It's kicked the bucket !

It's an ex-forum !

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:08 pm

I really do hope that Sonny comes back in here with good news.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:55 pm

I really hope Sonny can fix this to Tony
I would hate to think that the site would just disappear like this

Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:55 pm

Would it be that sad !its not like its as good as say The fecc !!! ::rocks

Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:09 pm

rocknroller wrote:Would it be that sad !its not like its as good as say The fecc !!! ::rocks

Yes, for someone like me who is a member there, it would be sad. Both the FECC and TCB-World picture galleries are GREAT and when I'm not looking at the pictures here, I'm at TCB-World looking because there are some pics that TCB-World has that FECC doesn't. It would be a huge loss for other fans who have been members of that site and made friends through there.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:29 pm

Hi again,

Not the good news we all want to hear just yet.

We contacted our provider twice, but till now no positive reaction.

Trust me, we will do what we can do bring TCB World.

Sonny

Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:45 pm

Sonny wrote:Hi again,

Sonny

how to call your provider ? I can try to see

Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:51 pm

Energy Catalyzer wrote:
Sonny wrote:Hi again,

Sonny

how to call your provider ? I can try to see

smt136 smt136 smt136 smt136 smt136

Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:53 pm

yes it would be very sad to lose TCB World any Elvis site that is committed to Elvis memory being lost is sad.