Off Topic Messages

Who Would You Choose ?

Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:55 pm

Image

Re: Who Would You Choose ?

Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:08 pm

My personal two choices to see live would be:

1st choice: Elvis Presley (Las Vegas, August 12th 1970 MS)
2nd choice Freddie Mercury (Wembley, London, July 12th 1986)

Re: Who Would You Choose ?

Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:15 pm

You need to put captions on those pictures, 'cause I know for a fact that there's a whole bunch of people here staring at it right now and mumbling, "Well, I know who Elvis is..."

Re: Who Would You Choose ?

Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:39 pm

flamingstar81 wrote:My personal two choices to see live would be:

1st choice: Elvis Presley (Las Vegas, August 12th 1970 MS)
2nd choice Freddie Mercury (Wembley, London, July 12th 1986)


Well I was at 2nd one on your list, when I was a wee laddie. Needless to say it was excellent.

Status Quo were the warm up that night and for some reason they got a fair bit of abuse from the crowd.

Re: Who Would You Choose ?

Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:05 pm

daylon wrote:
flamingstar81 wrote:My personal two choices to see live would be:

1st choice: Elvis Presley (Las Vegas, August 12th 1970 MS)
2nd choice Freddie Mercury (Wembley, London, July 12th 1986)


Well I was at 2nd one on your list, when I was a wee laddie. Needless to say it was excellent.

Status Quo were the warm up that night and for some reason they got a fair bit of abuse from the crowd.


Wow that's amazing Daylon, I'm very envious. I've watched on DVD both the Friday and Saturday night concerts many times and the atmosphere looks amazing and Freddie and the band are on top form. The general consensus is that Freddie's voice sounded slightly better during the Friday show than the Saturday one. The main difference between the two shows is that it rained heavily on Friday and the stage got very wet!

It's a shame Status Quo got booed by some fans because I think they are a great band! I can only think some fans maybe were inpatient with the anticipation of Queen.

Re: Who Would You Choose ?

Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:25 am

Where in the heck is Johnnie Ray?

Re: Who Would You Choose ?

Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:41 am

flamingstar81 wrote:My personal two choices to see live would be:

1st choice: Elvis Presley (Las Vegas, August 12th 1970 MS)
2nd choice Freddie Mercury (Wembley, London, July 12th 1986)


I can't say that I disagree with those choices........

Re: Who Would You Choose ?

Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:49 am

Just the one to perform again?

Elvis in a heartbeat, but it would be for the first time for me.

Who would be your choice or choices, TCB-FAN?

Re: Who Would You Choose ?

Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:45 am

Mountain Misst wrote:Just the one to perform again?

Elvis in a heartbeat, but it would be for the first time for me.

Who would be your choice or choices, TCB-FAN?



Too many to list...but Elvis would certainly be in the top 5. :smt023

Re: Who Would You Choose ?

Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:00 am

...and speaking of dead performers, it was 20 years ago today Kurt Cobain committed suicide at his home in Seattle, WA. at the age of 27. How time flies. RIP ,Kurt

Re: Who Would You Choose ?

Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:04 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Where in the heck is Johnnie Ray?

Where the heck is Tiny Tim?

Re: Who Would You Choose ?

Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:52 am

Again? I only saw Ray Charles and Michael from that group of performers. So, is it restricted to only those two?

If so, not Ray. He was in SUCH a mood! People practically wanted their money back! His piano wasn't tuned to his satisfaction and he acted like he had a hormonal thing going on. No way.

I saw Michael twice. I always hoped for another American tour. Back in '88, I spent two weeks pay on these awesome binoculars, and they were only ever used at those two shows. I kept them on a shelf, waiting on his return.

Well, in 2008, after my mom died, my uncle helped us out by hiring a lady to help us with the house; we were both shattered. And apparently this lady stole my binoculars! :'( I opened the box, and they were gone!

I knew I'd never see him again.

2. If "again" is not required, I would like to see them all! I don't know about Ray. That night, he was such a pill. ;)

rjm

Sent via mobile

Re: Who Would You Choose ?

Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:10 pm

Who's the girl beside Elvis ?

The Prince of Bel-Air's sister ?

Re: Who Would You Choose ?

Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:20 pm

flamingstar81 wrote:
daylon wrote:
flamingstar81 wrote:My personal two choices to see live would be:

1st choice: Elvis Presley (Las Vegas, August 12th 1970 MS)
2nd choice Freddie Mercury (Wembley, London, July 12th 1986)


Well I was at 2nd one on your list, when I was a wee laddie. Needless to say it was excellent.

Status Quo were the warm up that night and for some reason they got a fair bit of abuse from the crowd.


Wow that's amazing Daylon, I'm very envious. I've watched on DVD both the Friday and Saturday night concerts many times and the atmosphere looks amazing and Freddie and the band are on top form. The general consensus is that Freddie's voice sounded slightly better during the Friday show than the Saturday one. The main difference between the two shows is that it rained heavily on Friday and the stage got very wet!

It's a shame Status Quo got booed by some fans because I think they are a great band! I can only think some fans maybe were inpatient with the anticipation of Queen.


Agreed, Q up is still a great band

Re: Who Would You Choose ?

Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:59 pm

1. Elvis Presley March 25 1961 Hawaii
2. Jim Morrison 1967-1968
3.Queen Live at Wembley 1986

Re: Who Would You Choose ?

Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:07 pm

Mister Moon wrote:Who's the girl beside Elvis ?

The Prince of Bel-Air's sister ?



Mister Moon, you will kick yourself when I tell you, lol.

That is Whitney Houston.

:D :smt006

Re: Who Would You Choose ?

Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:08 pm

Other than Elvis, obviously, I'd have loved to see The Beatles, Bobby Darin, Buddy Holly & The Crickets, a young Frank Sinatra and most of all, Al Jolson (MAN, that would be SOMETHIN' ELSE!!)

Re: Who Would You Choose ?

Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:10 pm

Mountain Misst wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:Who's the girl beside Elvis ?

The Prince of Bel-Air's sister ?



Mister Moon, you will kick yourself when I tell you, lol.

That is Whitney Houston.

:D :smt006


Thanks ! :D :smt006