Off Topic Messages

Re: A Ray of Hope for President Obama's Campaign!

Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:15 am

I love playing Meatloaf's older stuff. But seriously, he should have retired from singing years ago. Still I take my hat off to anyone, whether Meat Loaf or Eastwood, who is brave enough to go against the status quo, to face the inevitable ridicule and demeaning comments and give voice to their conscience.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:24 pm

dannyboy1 wrote:I love playing Meatloaf's older stuff. But seriously, he should have retired from singing years ago. Still I take my hat off to anyone, whether Meat Loaf or Eastwood, who is brave enough to go against the status quo, to face the inevitable ridicule and demeaning comments and give voice to their conscience.

Be sure to take off your hat for President Obama's supporters, who are also "brave enough to go against the status quo, to face the inevitable ridicule and demeaning comments and give voice to their conscience."

The stars express themselves in different ways. Bruce Springsteen has no reported contributions, but has performed at Obama rallies. Country star Trace Adkins has entertained at Romney events.

Actor Morgan Freeman and Bill Maher each gave $1 million to the super PAC supporting the president. We don’t find any celebrity contributors (other than billionaires) to the major Romney super PAC.

The list below shows people who have publicly endorsed each candidate or contributed to his campaign or super PAC.

President Obama
Ben Affleck
Judd Apatow
Courteney Cox Arquette
Scott Bakula
Alec Baldwin
James Belushi
Annette Bening
Jack Black
Amy Brenneman
Christie Brinkley
Nick Cannon
Kate Capshaw
Don Cheadle
Chantal Cloobeck
George Clooney
Glenn Close
Harry Connick Jr.
Wes Craven
Billy Crystal
Vincent D’Onofrio
Matt Damon
Geena Davis
Robert De Niro
James Denton
Danny DeVito
Cameron Diaz
Leonardo DiCaprio
Kirk Douglas
Michael Douglas
Robert Downey Jr.
Timothy C. Draper
Hilary Duff
Will Ferrell
Harrison Ford
Milos Forman
Vivica A. Fox
Morgan Freeman
Jennifer Garner
Sharon Gless
Adrian Grenier
Melanie Griffith
Tom Hanks
Mariska Hargitay
Dennis Haysbert
Ron Howard
Eddie Izzard
Don Johnson
Ashley Judd
Eva Longoria
Jane Lynch
Tobey Maguire
Bill Maher
Garry Marshall
Bette Midler
Julianne Moore
Eddie Murphy
Elinor Newman
Paul Newman
Gwyneth Paltrow
Rhea Perlman
David Hyde Pierce
Wendell Pierce
Sidney Poitier
Ellen Pompeo
Rob Reiner
Chris Rock
Jada Pinkett-Smith
Will Smith
Yeardley Smith
Bruce Springsteen
Nancy Stephens
Ben Stiller
Meryl Streep
Barbra Streisand
Leslie Lewis Sword
Marlo Thomas
Milo Ventimiglia
Denzel Washington
Rita Wilson
Reese Witherspoon
Joanne Woodward

Governor Romney
Trace Adkins
Scott Baio
Stephen Baldwin
Orson Bean
Jerry Bruckheimer
Robert Duvall
Clint Eastwood
Jeff Foxworthy
Kelsey Grammer
Meatloaf
Chuck Norris
Ted Nugent
Donnie & Marie Osmond
Kid Rock
Gene Simmons
Johnny Van Zant
Jon Voight

http://news.muckety.com/2012/10/31/celebrity-endorsements-for-obama-and-romney/38811

Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:58 pm

paulsweeney wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
KingOfTheJungle wrote:
phpBB [video]

This eye-opening video of interviews with Romney's supporters at an Ohio rally has some footage of the Meatloaf endorsement, and his version of America The Beautiful.

It's a fun watch.

That has to be one of the most depressing eight and half minutes I have seen this year. We see a lot of older, confused and scared white Americans, looking for someone or something to blame. People died for the right to vote that we now take for granted, and here we find people at a Romney rally who cannot credibly articulate why they will be supporting his candidacy. And for the young people interviewed, the decline of our educational standard has never been more evident. Sad, sad, sad.

Holy sh&t that video is scary, depressing and does not speak well for the people interviewed. Education is key. An uninformed electorate will do and say things that makes absolutely no sense. This video is proof of that. I hope that despite all the obstacles the President faces, that he is re-elected on Tuesday. If it was up to the rest of the world, he would be re-elected in a heartbeat...but it is up to the citizens of the USA...and I really don't know what Tuesday will bring.

Wow what an embarassing video.

WIth an electorate like that, that seemingly have no clue what they are voting for, Mr Bean could run for President and win.