What Were You Watching ?

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

epf

Re: What Were You Watching ?

Post by epf »

A documentary on the English group Joy Division. A brilliant group and a brilliant documentary. Joy Division went on to be New Order after the death of their singer.

Total is an ideal intro to their brilliant music, combining the music of both groups.

Topic author
dennyelvis
Registered for: 19 years 5 months

Post by dennyelvis »

Just watched Roustabout, some really great songs in this, the ones with him as an act work, but when hes not performing they really should have played the songs as a background track, or, as he wanted, NOT AT ALL !
You could also see the chemistry spark between him and Stanwyck, you could tell they got on well together .......

The image is one thing and the human being is another. It’s very hard to live up to an image, put it that way.

Eddie
Registered for: 20 years 9 months

Post by Eddie »

Just finished True Blood season 5, starting all 7 seasons of Rescue Me. Also went to the cinema for The Hobbit.

I got you melancholy baby, built like a melon face like a collie.

Topic author
dennyelvis

Post by dennyelvis »

Some Elvis stuff on SKY ARTS 1, Elvis 56, and in Concert, also been showing TTWII on TCM .........

The image is one thing and the human being is another. It’s very hard to live up to an image, put it that way.

rjm
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Post by rjm »

dennyelvis wrote:Some Elvis stuff on SKY ARTS 1, Elvis 56, and in Concert, also been showing TTWII on TCM .........
This year, they're playing Miracle On 34th Street again. So, it's on. It is now, according to the time, Christmas Eve! (The most intense day of the year; there's this eerie thing - a feeling, that happens round midnight, in less than 24 hours, when time almost seems to "stop." I never could understand the feeling. Bob Dylan talked about it in Chronicles, so I'm not the only one, referencing Robert Johnson. It's true! "If today was Christmas Eve, and tomorrow was Christmas Day, aw, wouldn't we have a time." But there's more to it, and Bob talks about it, and I knew it wasn't just me.)

rjm

"And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God."
Aeschylus

"Treat me mean and cruel, treat me like a fool, but love me!"

My Tumblr blog: https://robinmark64.tumblr.com/

https://www.youtube.com/user/robinmark64

debtd1
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Post by debtd1 »

dennyelvis wrote:Some Elvis stuff on SKY ARTS 1, Elvis 56, and in Concert, also been showing TTWII on TCM .........
Yeh......I watched Elvis 56.....then 'Black Leather'......then Aloha. Had a fab 'Elvis night last night 8) 8) 8)

"No-one, but no-one, is his equal, or ever will be. He was, and is supreme". Mick Jagger

rjm
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Post by rjm »

Guess this is the place this year; it's on right now.

Here are the final scenes, which is tough this year, because it's been a tough season for a lot of people. Makes it more important.

rjm

"And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God."
Aeschylus

"Treat me mean and cruel, treat me like a fool, but love me!"

My Tumblr blog: https://robinmark64.tumblr.com/

https://www.youtube.com/user/robinmark64

debtd1
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Post by debtd1 »

Re-watched Roy's "Black and White night".......love the jamming between James and Bruce at the end of Pretty Woman...so cool

"No-one, but no-one, is his equal, or ever will be. He was, and is supreme". Mick Jagger

Elvisgirl
Registered for: 19 years 10 months

Post by Elvisgirl »

watched a movie earlier, Olsen Banden På Sporet

Topic author
dennyelvis

Post by dennyelvis »

Watched Cash's xmas 77 show, had the million dollar quartet plus Orby, did a tribute to Elvis on it , "This Train" ..........

Elvisgirl
Registered for: 19 years 10 months

Post by Elvisgirl »

last night finally watched Hungarian Rhapsody that I got for christmas. another amazing concert with QUEEN