Off Topic Messages

What a mess......

Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:36 pm

Today sales for tickets to The Rolling Stones' concert started with ticketprices ranging from €110 tot €460 (that's $145 to $600) and.... all 30,000 tickets were sold out within minutes.

Can anyone imagine what it would have been like if Elvis would have done concerts in Europe?
How much would tickets have been going for? And how fast would it have been sold out?

Re: What a mess......

Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:48 pm

Sorry, another off topic, useless, unimaginative thread, that will seap down into the pits of FECC garbage real fast.

Ok, just for fun, let's imagine how fast Elvis tickets would sell out real fast in Europe if they went on sale ... hmmm, I say, 2 minutes, na, he never made it to Europe in his prime and he certainly wouldn't have made it in the condition he was in in '77, had he lived, he would have had to detox for at least 2 years, get into shape, become re-invigorated and care about his career again, IDK, could it of happened ?

What if ????

Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:06 pm

The Stones could have charged 5x as much and still sold out. Same as the Led Zeppelin show a few years ago. It's a whole different ball game to 40 years ago. The likes of the Stones, McCartney, Elton John et al are faring massively better in ticket sales these days than they possibly could have expected. The horse had long bolted with Elvis whilst he was alive, never mind 'what ifs'

Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:30 pm

I don't know if Elvis would have charged as much as the Rolling Stones and Elton John are doing right now.

I'm not sure Elvis would be touring at age 77.

I'm sure Elvis would have sold out if he toured Europe in the 70s but ticket prices were much much lower.

Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:38 pm

brian wrote:I don't know if Elvis would have charged as much as the Rolling Stones and Elton John are doing right now.

Pricing might have been tiered as a courtesy to the fan base, but Elvis Presley in Concert in the 21st century would have without a doubt have commanded a top ticket dollar. Or his management would have had to turn in their membership card.

Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:38 pm

zolderopruiming1 wrote:Today sales for tickets to The Rolling Stones' concert started with ticketprices ranging from €110 tot €460 (that's $145 to $600) and.... all 30,000 tickets were sold out within minutes.

Can anyone imagine what it would have been like if Elvis would have done concerts in Europe?
How much would tickets have been going for? And how fast would it have been sold out?

Probably the same prices. There's much more logistics and personel involved than in the 70's. It's about time Mick, Keith and Ronnie retired gracefully. They look embarrassing.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:42 am

Robt wrote:
zolderopruiming1 wrote:Today sales for tickets to The Rolling Stones' concert started with ticketprices ranging from €110 tot €460 (that's $145 to $600) and.... all 30,000 tickets were sold out within minutes.

Probably the same prices. There's much more logistics and personel involved than in the 70's. It's about time Mick, Keith and Ronnie retired gracefully. They look embarrassing.

They look old but they will put on a far better show than Elvis did at 39 or 40. I would see them at this stage of their careers, if those prices come down a bit and they play more dates and appear somewhere near me in the next year.

I doubt Elvis would command this kind of money if he was still doing shows at age 77. If he had survived and regained his health, he would, of course, be a concert draw but I can't see his show being quite the event a Stones tour has always been.