Off Topic Messages

Mitt Romney brilliant and hilarious speech!!!!!

Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:49 am

I saw it on Rush's site-

http://youtu.be/yBelIMrKll8

From a different source(same speech)-

http://youtu.be/NIHbe-aO6oI

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2012/ ... the_debate

http://thehill.com/opinion/columnists/a ... ard-a-loss

Re: Mitt Romney brilliant and hilarious speech!!!!!

Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:22 pm

from the Guidelines:

4- Political and/or religious debates "could" be deleted without any warnings,

Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:13 pm

ian, you are one of the greatest contributors to this forum and a wonderful, level-headed, smart American citizen!
Thank you for this important, enlightening, and worthwhile thread!

smt131 I applaud you, sir!
And don't concern yourself with zolderopruiming1. He's just jealous of you.

::rocks

Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:49 pm

I'm not jealous but very very worried brainless Americans vote for a matching president.

Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:57 pm

I don't like to generalize my fellow Americans as brainless.

But on the other hand, people who find this hacky "comedy" genuinely amusing surely can't have cerebrums capable of significant higher functions.

I'm convinced PET scans of such folks' skulls would include significant black patches.

Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:59 pm

A President who's also a comedian? Never.

Oh, wait...

Wasn't Bush a joke?

Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:56 pm

zolderopruiming1 wrote:I'm not jealous but very very worried brainless Americans vote for a matching president.

How dare you talk about Democrats that way!

Can't we all just get along?

Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:03 pm

elvissessions wrote:I don't like to generalize my fellow Americans as brainless.

But on the other hand, people who find this hacky "comedy" genuinely amusing surely can't have cerebrums capable of significant higher functions.

I'm convinced PET scans of such folks' skulls would include significant black patches.

Let's put this in context: You need to remember you are on a board where many find Presley's "creeping crud" jokes from 1975 hilarious.

Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:45 pm

What´s hilarious and brilliant about selling out to China...and selling your soul to Israel...?

Sincerely MB280E

Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:42 am

I'll follow the link in a sec. But from the excepts I've seen, I loved the Sesame Street line:

"The President's comments are brought to you by the letter O and the number 16 trillion."

Funny, funny stuff. :smt005 :smt003 :smt005

Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:44 am

ian wrote:I saw it on Rush's site-

:D

Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:22 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:

:D Translation : Rush is right.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:01 am

Blue River wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

:D Translation : Rush is right.

Look what I found.

African-Americans
Limbaugh has been noted for making controversial race-related statements with regard to African-Americans. He has drawn connections between African-American appearance and criminality on several occasions, once opining that all newspaper composite pictures of wanted criminals resembled Jesse Jackson, and another time that "the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons."

While employed as what he describes as an "insult-radio" DJ, he used a derogatory racial stereotype to characterize a black caller he could not understand, telling the caller to "take that bone out of your nose and call me back."

In March 2010, Limbaugh used the similarity of recently resigned Rep. Eric Massa's surname to the slavery-era African-American pronunciation of "master" to make a pun on the possibility that Gov. David Paterson, New York's first African-American governor, would pick Massa's replacement: "Let's assume you're right [caller]. So, David Paterson will become the massa who gets to appoint whoever gets to take Massa's place. So, for the first time in his life, Paterson's gonna be a massa. Interesting, interesting."

Limbaugh has asserted that African-Americans, in contrast with other minority groups, are "left behind" socially because they have been systematically trained from a young age to hate America through a widespread movement headed by figures such as Jeremiah Wright, William Ayers, and Barack and Michelle Obama.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rush_Limbaugh#African-Americans

Michael J. Fox
In October 2006 Limbaugh said Michael J. Fox, who suffers from Parkinson's disease, had exaggerated the effects of his affliction in political TV ad advocating for funding of stem cell research. Limbaugh said that Fox in the ad had been "shameless" in "moving all around and shaking", and Fox had not taken "his medication or he's acting, one of the two".

Fox said "the irony of it is I was too medicated", adding that there was no way to predict how his symptoms would manifest. Limbaugh said he would apologize to Fox "bigley and hugely...if I am wrong in characterizing his behavior on this commercial as an act".

In 2012 Fox said Limbaugh in 2006 had acted on "bullying instincts" when "he said I faked it. I didn't fake it", and said Limbaugh's goal was to have him marginalized and shut down for his Stem Cell stance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rush_Limbaugh#Michael_J._Fox

Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:11 am

Interesting...and also hilarious
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:07 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Michael J. Fox
In October 2006 Limbaugh said Michael J. Fox, who suffers from Parkinson's disease, had exaggerated the effects of his affliction in political TV ad advocating for funding of stem cell research. Limbaugh said that Fox in the ad had been "shameless" in "moving all around and shaking", and Fox had not taken "his medication or he's acting, one of the two".

Fox said "the irony of it is I was too medicated", adding that there was no way to predict how his symptoms would manifest. Limbaugh said he would apologize to Fox "bigley and hugely...if I am wrong in characterizing his behavior on this commercial as an act".

In 2012 Fox said Limbaugh in 2006 had acted on "bullying instincts" when "he said I faked it. I didn't fake it", and said Limbaugh's goal was to have him marginalized and shut down for his Stem Cell stance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rush_Limbaugh#Michael_J._Fox

I enjoyed the answer that Fox gave when he was asked about the incident during a recent interview with the Huffington Post...

"It honestly didn't bother me to have my integrity questioned by someone who doesn't have integrity."

Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:50 am

Thanks Doc for pointing out just what kind of garbage they (yes you too Blue River) have to dig through to try to cut down our boy.

PS:
Shame on you Blue River!!
We expect this from ian.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:04 am

Blue River wrote:ian, you are one of the greatest contributors to this forum and a wonderful, level-headed, smart American citizen!

8) You're very welcome Blue River, and thank-you for the kind words!!!!! 8) :smt006 8)

Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:12 am

ian wrote:
Blue River wrote:ian, you are one of the greatest contributors to this forum and a wonderful, level-headed, smart American citizen!

8) You're very welcome Blue River, and thank-you for the kind words!!!!! 8) :smt006 8)

Stop ian you're just looking more idiotic the more you talk politics! :twisted:

Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:17 pm

dannyboy1 wrote:I'll follow the link in a sec. But from the excepts I've seen, I loved the Sesame Street line:

"The President's comments are brought to you by the letter O and the number 16 trillion."

Funny, funny stuff. :smt005 :smt003 :smt005

He was great!!!!! 8)

Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:36 pm

If Romney becomes president: R.I.P. Big Bird.