Off Topic Messages

Re: President Obama's Powerful Closing Remarks, 10-16-2012

Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:21 pm

The point is that Romney is a smarter business man than Obama will ever be.
Now give me some of your wise insight on the following -
Obama invested TAXPAYER MONEY in:
Solyndra - BANKRUPT
Ener 1 - BANKRUPT
Beacon Power - BANKRUPT
Abound Solar - BANKRUPT
Amonix Solar - BANKRUPT
Spectra Watt - BANKRUPT
Eastern Energy - BANKRUPT
GM Volt - Solyndra on wheels.
Note: All of these companies were Obama campaign contributors.
$900 Billion Dollars with NO Jobs.

As for foreign policy, you should be glad and supportive of someone like Romney that would be willing to stand up and look out for the well-being of American allies instead of sticking his head in the sand like Obama has done concerning the dangerous threats by countries such as Iran.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:38 pm

Blue River wrote:The point is that Romney is a smarter business man than Obama will ever be.
Now gimmie some of your wise insight on the following -
Obama invested TAXPAYER MONEY in:
Solyndra - BANKRUPT
Ener 1 - BANKRUPT
Beacon Power - BANKRUPT
Abound Solar - BANKRUPT
Amonix Solar - BANKRUPT
Spectra Watt - BANKRUPT
Eastern Energy - BANKRUPT
GM Volt - Solyndra on wheels.
Note: All of these companies were Obama campaign contributors.
$900 Billion Dollars with NO Jobs.

As for foreign policy, you should be glad and supportive of someone like Romney that would be willing to stand up and look out for the well-being of American allies instead of sticking his head in the sand like Obama has done concerning the dangerous threats by countries such as Iran.

Is that like the dangerous threat from Iraq from the non-existent weapons of mass destruction, the "presence" of which were what America used in order to persuade a number of countries to go to war with them?

You say Iran is a dangerous threat. Please tell us how and why you think this. Or is it something you just heard on the news and therefore believe? (I'm not saying it isn't, but your views seem very sketchy)

And yes, we know that those companies which Obama invested in went bankrupt. However, if you accuse Obama of sticking his head in the sand then you and Romney are clearly doing the same about the issue of the environment and the green agenda - which was what Obama was investing in. He wasn't investing in those companies because of "business" but to encourage companies like them.

While it is understandable that Americans want improvements to their current living conditions, more jobs and more security, surely they also want a world where their own Grandchildren can go outside in the sun without a high chance of getting skin cancer and where thousands of homes won't have been washed away by rising sea levels?

Either way, being President has precious little to do with being good at business - finance? yes. business? no.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:53 pm

poormadpeter,
You're a perfect example of what's wrong with this world today. I'm totally wasting my time with you.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:57 pm

Blue River wrote:I'm totally wasting my time with you.

Have a nice day.

Really? Avoiding the questions you can't answer once again!

Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:58 pm

poormadpeter wrote:

No, just avoiding you... like the plague.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:07 pm

Blue River wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:

mission accomplished.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:22 pm

Time for a little fun from NYC last night;

Obama and Romney trade barbs over dinner from Al Jazeera English ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIM3yIlKEJ0

Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:33 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
Blue River wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:

mission accomplished.

Oh, just one more thing, poormadpeter.

From the "next venus release" thread...
TCB-FAN wrote:I'm still waiting in agony what the next Uranus release will be.

Perhaps you can share some of your experiences on this subject?

Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:46 pm

Blue River wrote:

Once again your obsession with an*l sex rises to the surface. It's something that clearly you are interested in but that I have no experience of, and so cannot help you.

You should instead join a gay chat room, where around 75% of the men will be able to help you with your query.

I should report your post, but then it would get taken down. I prefer to leave it here, so that people can see just what a d*ck you are.

Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:59 am

poormadpeter wrote:
Blue River wrote:

Once again your obsession with an*l sex rises to the surface. It's something that clearly you are interested in but that I have no experience of, and so cannot help you.

You should instead join a gay chat room, where around 75% of the men will be able to help you with your query.

I should report your post, but then it would get taken down. I prefer to leave it here, so that people can see just what a d*ck you are.

What are you talking about?
I thought you maybe had some insight on bootleg cd's. If not, just say so. Your above post is so nasty and uncalled for. :smt018

Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:31 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
jak wrote:Obama's closing remarks were outstanding.He is the type of person whose words inspire people.I think Obama genuinely cares for the country and it's people.Personally I really like the guy.However good intentions are not enough to get the job done.I find myself torn between how I feel about him and what has transpired over the last four years.Obama certainly has been a game changer that's for sure.

I seriously doubt anyone could have done a better job trying to rectify eight years of malfeasance and looting done by the Bush administration, all while having to work with conservatives who would rather derail his efforts than consider the benefits for the people they serve.

:smt041

Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:47 am

Blue River wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
Blue River wrote:

I thought you maybe had some insight on bootleg cd's. If not, just say so. Your above post is so nasty and uncalled for. :smt018
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

President Obama's Powerful Closing Remarks, 10-16-2012

Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:00 am

The big question: is Romney a MEMPHISFAN? 'Cause if so, who cares about a sane leader running a country? :wink:

Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:01 am

Angles wrote:
Blue River wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
Blue River wrote:

Blue River is playing innocent when his intention was clear, especially when going by previous post. All I know is that hisanus releases a great deal of hot air.

Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:44 am

poormadpeter wrote:
Angles wrote:
Blue River wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
Blue River wrote:

Blue River is playing innocent when his intention was clear, especially when going by previous post. All I know is that hisanus releases a great deal of hot air.

Poormadpeter - I agree - his post was pretty pathetic and I hope not representative of all Republican supporters. It is a pretty sad day when you resort to poorly disguised homophobic insults when such an important topic as the presidency of the United States is up for discussion.

Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:08 am

Angles wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
Angles wrote:
Blue River wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
Blue River wrote:

Poormadpeter - I agree - his post was pretty pathetic and I hope not representative of all Republican supporters. It is a pretty sad day when you resort to poorly disguised homophobic insults when such an important topic as the presidency of the United States is up for discussion.

Thank you. What I find most annoying here with all the moderating is that someone can be reported many times for remarks such as his, they then get removed each time...but he doesn't. The precedent that is setting is that we can insult each other as much as we like because the moderators will clear up after us.

Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:27 am

Back on topic, what did any of the rest of you think of President Obama's closing remarks?

I was really impressed. It made the choice between the two candidates so clear:

President Barack Obama is far and away more qualified to lead the country.

Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:36 am

Matthew wrote:The big question: is Romney a MEMPHISFAN? 'Cause if so, who cares about a sane leader running a country? :wink:

No, the big question:
Is Matthew an AMERICAN? 'Cause if not, what sane person cares about your worthless opinions? :smt023
The same goes for Angles and poormadpeter.

drjohncarpenter wrote:Back on topic, what did any of the rest of you think of President Obama's closing remarks?
... President Barack Obama is far and away more qualified to lead the country.

:lol: He's not even close to being qualified. It takes a "leader" to lead a country.

For those that missed it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1LwVv2Goeo
Last edited by Blue River on Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:56 am

Blue River wrote:No, the big question:
Is Matthew an AMERICAN?

My wife is - does that count?

Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:59 am

Matthew wrote:
Is Matthew an AMERICAN?

My wife is - does that count?

No. Nothing about you or your family counts.

You're dismissed. Now move on.

Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:16 am

You'd like to believe that FAN, but we all know better than that! :wink:

Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:40 am

:wink:

Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:27 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Back on topic, what did any of the rest of you think of President Obama's closing remarks?

RUSH: I don't want to go back and repeat the first hour, but honestly, the uniformity that I heard, and even from people on Fox, I did not see the same debate. And, by the way, I look at this stuff objectively. I don't want to lie to myself. If Romney really got smoked I don't want to sit here and tell myself it didn't happen. I don't do that. I don't live in false realities. I did not see a stellar Barack Obama. I'm not even talking about the lies. I'm just talking about he was not even fluent. He was staccato and he was choppy, he was searching constantly for a thought. He was working. I mean, the guy was grinding. We athletes, we have a term, grinding. That's when you're really having to work for it, it's not coming naturally. When you're out playing golf, and don't have it, you're grinding, trying to get it back. That's what he was doing last night. The poor old guy was grinding, folks. These people, they saw what they wanted to see. Let's keep going here, because Wolf Blitzer, they had a flash poll after the debate.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2012/ ... _for_obama

Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:41 pm

They were brilliant. But have you read about Tagg Romney and those Ohio voting machines? Those stirring remarks may not matter. I just e-mailed the Dept. of Justice. And signed a petition. But I e-mailed them with my name, home address, telephone, the works. And encouraged others to do so.

I'm concerned it all may not matter. We all remember 2000, don't we?

rjm

Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:17 pm

Is Matthew an AMERICAN? 'Cause if not, what sane person cares about your worthless opinions? :smt023
The same goes for Angles and poormadpeter.

What qualifies you to decide which comments are worthless? The last time I checked this was an Elvis fans message board, not an American Elvis fans only board. The effects of an American presidency affect the World economy so I'm more than entitled to make any comments I wish to particularly when this thread is discussing a debate that we all saw. Feel free to start a 'Who will you vote for' thread and I'll quite happily stay out of that one as then I'd agree that my opinion would be worthless.

It's pretty clear to me that Obama won the debate comfortably. It was great to see him go on the offensive and at times cause Romney to appear rattled. His blunders when challenging Obama on his pension ("[mine] is not as big as yours.") and Libya (talk about missing an open goal) will hopefully live in the memories of American voters come polling time (including the 47% of American 'victims' he had effectively written off).