Off Topic Messages

Which presidential candidate gave more to charities in 2011?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:03 am

Let's take a look >> http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/feel ... ction.html

Re: Which presidential candidate gave more to charities in 2

Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:16 am

Romney?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:44 am

No surprise to see that its Mitt. What surprised me was that he was giving close to 30% of his income. That's incredible!

But no surprise to see that Biden is the most stingy.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:45 am

All a write off so they pay even less taxes!! :wink:

::rocks

Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:53 am

So you're saying that not only is Biden more stingy, he's also less smart. Good point.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:59 am

It was a joke dude!

Did you not see the :wink: ?

Don't take everything so seriously. :)

::rocks

Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:06 am

Blue River wrote:Let's take a look >> http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/feel ... ction.html

When you pay less than 14% in taxes...

Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:23 am

paulsweeney wrote:When you pay less than 14% in taxes...

Isn't it funny that the Democrats want more of your money
but they're stingy with their own?

Gallup: Romney 50% Obama 46%

Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:59 am

Give it a rest.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:11 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Give it a rest.

Aw, but Mitt is just so . . . huggable.

:roll: :twisted:

rjm (game on, in a few minutes!)
Last edited by rjm on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:13 am

paulsweeney wrote:
Blue River wrote:Let's take a look >> http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/feel ... ction.html

Most of Romney's income is from capital gains which is taxed at a lower rate. There's nothing wrong with that.
He's a smart business man... something that you and your boy, Barack, wouldn't know anything about.

Come back when you've got something of value to offer to the thread, Pauly.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:17 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Give it a rest.

Nah, not until November 6th.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:45 am

iplayastrat wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:When you pay less than 14% in taxes...

Gallup: Romney 50% Obama 46%

Stingy??? You're joking right. Romney who made almost 20 times what Obama made gave 73.5 percentage points more and that makes Obama stingy. They're in the same neighborhood which being that Mitt made so much more they shouldn't be. Obama and all the others on the list made in the thousands of dollars, not millions. He could have given 90 percent and still had more money left than Obama's gross. It's absurd to compare those percentages.

Being that Romney makes a Herculean income and does everything possible to dodge taxes to help finance the system that makes his wealth possible, he should devote a great percentage to charity which of course tax dodge Mitt takes off his taxes. It's the only thing not embarrassing about his return.

Sadly though even Mitt's charity giving is not that great a boost because he gives much to his church, not church charities the church. Helping finance a program to make other people think like you do is not exactly the height of self-sacrifice.

Biden and Ryan should have given more. Given that Ryan is a Randian jackass who doesn't believe in charity his number is slightly more forgivable in that context. Doesn't make him less of a tool though.

For what's it worth, there's no law mandating that you list your charitable contributions on your return. I've never done it. The main purpose of listing it is to reduce your tax burden.
Last edited by likethebike on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:48 am

Blue River wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:

Most of Romney's income is from capital gains which is taxed at a lower rate. There's nothing wrong with that.
He's a smart business man... something that you and your boy, Barack, wouldn't know anything about.

Ok, I'll wait until President Obama is re-elected. Debate time in 12 minutes. As Elvis said, "Adios mother!"

Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:40 am

paulsweeney wrote:
Blue River wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:

Ok, I'll wait until President Obama is re-elected. Debate time in 12 minutes. As Elvis said, "Adios mother!"

:lol: I'm watching the debate right now and President (to be) Romney
is kicking Obama around like the flea-infested junkyard dog that he is. :lol:

Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:49 am

For Mittens . . .

phpBB [video]

rjm

Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:54 am

Blue River wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:
Blue River wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:

You are both disrespectful of your President and wrong. If it was an attempt at humour, epic fail. You may not like the man, but respect the office.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:07 am

likethebike wrote:
iplayastrat wrote:

Stingy??? You're joking right. Romney who made almost 20 times what Obama made gave 73.5 percentage points more and that makes Obama stingy.

What type of math are you using? Are you saying that President Obama gave
30% (or more) of his income to charity like Romney did? And are you saying if
a person makes less they should pay less in percentage to charity? Remember
you are comparing two men that are both wealthy.

I wish I were rich. I don't think I understand hating someone for being successful.
It might even be a good idea for a successful businessman to run the country.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:09 am

paulsweeney wrote:
Blue River wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:
Blue River wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:

You are both disrespectful of your President and wrong. If it was an attempt at humour, epic fail. You may not like the man, but respect the office.

I do respect the office. That's exactly why I don't respect the man. Obama is incompetent and has no business in the oval office.

Barack H. Obama is not my president, Paul. He's your president and you don't even live in the U.S. !

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:18 am

Blue River wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:
Blue River wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:
Blue River wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:

I do respect the office. That's exactly why I don't respect the man. Obama is incompetent and has no business in the oval office.

Barack H. Obama is not my president, Paul. He's your president and you don't even live in the U.S. !

He's not, huh? EVERY President is "my" President, because I'm an American, and I respect the office of President of the United States.

As for the debate, perhaps a good optometrist? Hearing aid? Or just this: :smt022 :smt022 :smt022

rjm

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:21 am

rjm wrote:
Blue River wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:
Blue River wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:
Blue River wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:

He's not, huh? EVERY President is "my" President, because I'm an American, and I respect the office of President of the United States.
As for the debate, perhaps a good optometrist? Hearing aid? Or just this: :smt022 :smt022 :smt022

rjm,
Go to bed... it's past your bedtime.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:37 am

Blue River wrote:
rjm wrote:As for the debate, perhaps a good optometrist? Hearing aid? Or just this: :smt022 :smt022 :smt022

rjm,

Time to PARTAY!!!

smt199 :cheers: smt183

rjm
Last edited by rjm on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:37 am

Blue River wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:
Blue River wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:
Blue River wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:

But I love your crazy politics and campaigns that last forever. We do ours in 6 weeks. Maybe you should give it a try. Oh yeah, you also have the electoral college! Oh you guys keep me entertained ;-) Merci beaucoup mon ami!

Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:08 am

rjm wrote:
Blue River wrote:
rjm wrote:As for the debate, perhaps a good optometrist? Hearing aid? Or just this: :smt022 :smt022 :smt022

rjm,

Time to PARTAY!!!

I'm in! smt190

Paul, were you saying something?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:19 am

Blue River wrote:
rjm wrote:
Blue River wrote:

rjm,

Time to PARTAY!!!

I'm in! smt190

Paul, were you saying something?

No