Off Topic Messages

Question about American rock n' roll from 1963.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:15 pm

I've been listening to a lot of music from the early 1960s and i got to thinking of American rock n' roll of that time period.

Will you all recommend some good American rock n' roll songs from 1963?

Re: Question about American rock n' roll from 1963.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:42 pm

"Walk like a Man" the Four Seasons, "Surfin' USA," "Little Deuce Coupe," the Beach Boys, "Da Doo Ron Ron," "Then He Kissed Me" the Crystals, "He's So Fine," "One Fine Day," the Chiffons, "Remember Then," the Earls, "You're the Devil in Disguise," Elvis, "Heat Wave" Martha and the Vandellas, "Mickey's Monkey," the Miracles, "Another Saturday Night" Sam Cooke, "My Boyfriend's Back" the Angels, "Surf City," Jan and Dean, "Louie Louie" the Kingsmen, "Ruby Baby," "Drip Drop," "Donna the Prima Donna" Dion, "Wipe Out" the Surfaris, "You Can't Sit Down" the Dovells, "South Street," "Not Me," the Orlons, "Pipeline" the Chantays, "Tell Him," the Exciters (one of the more frantic girl group records), "On Broadway" the Drifters, "The Monkey Time" Major Lance, "Denise" Randy and the Rainbows, "Memphis" Lonnie Mack, "(Today I Met) the Boy I'm Gonna Marry," "A Fine Fine Boy," Darlene Love, "Fingertips" Stevie Wonder, "Why Do Lovers Break Each Other's Hearts" Bob B. Soxx and the Blue Jeans, "Baby Workout" Jackie Wilson, "Shake Sherry" the Contours, "Little Town Flirt," Del Shannon, "Fools Rush in" Ricky Nelson, "Little Latin Lupe Lu" the Righteous Brothers, "Bird's the Word," the Rivingtons, "See See Rider," Lavern Baker, "Feelin' No Pain" the Del Satins.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:49 pm

Great list there LTB. I might even make it an iTunes playlist.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:34 am

Thanks likethebike.

I hadn't heard 7 or 8 of those recordings.

The Contours should have been more popular.