Off Topic Messages

pencil drawing

Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:11 pm

Thought I'd upload a photo of a drawing I did last week, bad weather is keeping me indoors so I dusted off my sketch pad. Sorry for the photo quality, Im unsure how to reproduce a drawing faithfully for my computer but gave it a go. My first pencil drawing in a couple of decades, so a little rough but enjoyed drawing it so I'm going to get back into it for a while and see where it goes.Critique welcomed, rip away. lol Drawn with a 4h 2h hb 2b and 4b pencil, Would love to see other artwork from this message boards members?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Eddie on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: pencil drawing

Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:31 pm

Very good Eddie. Keep it going.

Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:32 pm

Thanks Delboy!

Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:05 pm

The drawing is absolutely great. Are you going to frame it?

Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:12 pm

No, not that good yet,[but thanks] I stumbled across a teaching method on Youtube and it inspired me to pick up a pencil again after a looooong absence. Just tryng to build from here into some better work, could become a nice hobby but for now just learning. Thought itd be interesting to get some critique here, its about the most knowledgable E board on the planet, and if my attempts not up to scratch Im sure there would be plenty of pointers lol.

Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:16 pm

excellent work......your good

Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:16 pm

very nice drawing eddie...nice talent u have sir!!

Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:27 pm

Thankyou both Debtd1 and iffy, [may I call you iffy?] :) Im curious, where did that name come from? Its early days yet, but of course as I get better I'll never be far away from another Elvis portrait.

Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:01 am

Eddie wrote:Thankyou both Debtd1 and iffy, [may I call you iffy?] :) Im curious, where did that name come from? Its early days yet, but of course as I get better I'll never be far away from another Elvis portrait.
yer call me iffy..thts me nick name..lol...i got it from me intials (if)..so someone kept callin me if...then hes said ur abit iffy....so i been called iffy for ever,lol....the presley bit is cause i do some elvis singing for fun..so its me stage name haha....just so they know im into elvis on a karaoke site....lol

Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:15 am

I love it!! Puts me in mind of a condom advert...'dont be iffy, wear a jiffy!' lol.

Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:18 am

Eddie wrote:I love it!! Puts me in mind of a condom advert...'dont be iffy, wear a jiffy!' lol.
lol a lad at work calls me jiffy...

Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:17 am

Nice work, Eddie!

Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:23 am

Thanks londonflash!

Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:07 am

Nice job Eddie. To be pedantic, if you were going for a 1968 Elvis, he was combing his hair right to left by then. You have it the other way.

Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:10 am

Impressive!

Thank you for sharing!

rjm 8)

Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:49 am

Hahaha thanks TJ , new I could rely on someone here!! Found a photo online and liked it so went with it as it was. If it was a mirror image I'd have left it as its a basic rule to draw with light coming from the left to right.
Thanks RJM!