Off Topic Messages

Coolest El Item! Do you have one?

Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:29 am

This is possibly my fave EPE item. Just got a new belt for it! For the buckle. It's Wertheimer's "The Stare."

TheStare.jpg

Anyone got one? Way cool! If they still have it, it would be a great holiday gift!

rjm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Coolest El Item! Do you have one?

Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:33 am

I've got one but it's without Elvis looks like this!! 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:00 am

Aw, it's neat! People comment on it all the time! Y'all should get one! It's a Lowell Hays jewelry item, the front is glass. Silver around it: very good.

Here's a new shot, close up!

StareBuckle_CloseUp.JPG

rjm

Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:31 am

No, but I have a 1969 Elvis Pocket Calendar

Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:59 am

With that gold suit image being so famous, it's weird that they made the mistake of reversing it.

Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:31 am

I have Had this since 78

Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:23 pm

keninlincs wrote:I have Had this since 78

Nice one, Ken!! I wish I had seen that back then! :smt007

rjm

Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:43 am

Nice topic ....great belt buckles you have.......I have one too :wink:

Not sure this is my favorite item, but it`s cool. It`s a quite heavy belt buckle made out of tin that I bought just for the fun of having it. I don`t have a belt for it....yet, it might be too heavy to wear actually. The red is a insert of enamel on the tin.

Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:20 am

I don`t have a lot of Elvis items(exept for music, DVD and books), but I do like this souvenir I got in London during my trip to see Elvis in Concert at Wembley and O2 Arena in march. It was sold at the merchandise shops.

Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:57 pm

elvisa wrote:Nice topic ....great belt buckles you have.......I have one too :wink:

Not sure this is my favorite item, but it`s cool. It`s a quite heavy belt buckle made out of tin that I bought just for the fun of having it. I don`t have a belt for it....yet, it might be too heavy to wear actually. The red is a insert of enamel on the tin.

That's gorgeous! Wish I had one. Awesome!

(Your other souvenir is GREAT, btw.)

rjm

Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:23 pm

It may be tacky, it may not be in the best shape... but this 3D full size portrait of Elvis is pretty cool vintage.

Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:25 pm

TJ wrote:With that gold suit image being so famous, it's weird that they made the mistake of reversing it.

..and using it on a calender 12 years later!

Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:50 pm

Tony.. wrote:
TJ wrote:With that gold suit image being so famous, it's weird that they made the mistake of reversing it.

Maybe it was the same person who picked photo used on backside "From Elvis In Memphis"...

Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:40 am

EPA4368 wrote:
Tony.. wrote:

Maybe it was the same person who picked photo used on backside "From Elvis In Memphis"...

Whoever picked THAT (yellow sweater picture) ought to be exposed to "enhanced interrogation techniques" . . .

rjm