Off Topic Messages

Diana Dors - Yield to the Night

Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:22 am

Hey look at this !

A simply brilliant British 1950's film. Anybody outside of England seen this ?

phpBB [video]

Last edited by Robt on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Sexy Diana Dors - Yield to the Night

Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:35 am

You get it on a high-quality DVD for about $9.00:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Yield-To-The-Night-DVD/dp/B000Z63Z5Q

Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:44 am

It depends if it's available in Australia, my friend. Even if it is, it's probably 16:9 widescreen (like a lot of films produced on DVD or Blu Ray are), a format I can't stand . Another thing, I can tell you Spellbound has been out of print for years in this country. At any rate why pay when I can download and make my own projects (usually two classic B/W film noirs on DVD-R). It's my creative hobby (along with tennis matches).

Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:48 am

Robt wrote:It depends if it's available in Australia, my friend. Even if it is, it's probably 16:9 widescreen (like a lot of films produced on DVD or Blu Ray are), a format I can't stand . Another thing, I can tell you Spellbound has been out of print for years in this country. At any rate why pay when I can download and make my own projects (usually two classic B/W film noirs on DVD-R). It's my creative hobby (along with tennis games).

Why pay for anything?

it's so unfair.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:57 am

Typical of you, my friend. You respond selectively.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:54 am

It is a good film, an early one by J. Lee Thompson before he hit international fame with Guns of Navarone and Cape Fear. He and Diana Dors had made quite a number of films together. Told in flashbacks as in many film noir ,like The Killers, Out of the Past and Double Indemnity to name a few.
This was probably an anti-capital punishment statement by the director or the producer.
A bit of trivia, The Very Thought of You can be heard in the film.
I saw this film on tv many years ago as Blonde Sinner and it;s only now I realized the original title is Yield to the Night.