Off Topic Messages

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:47 pm

Bill Tanner wrote:
Mike S wrote:
Bill Tanner wrote:
Sorry guys, he was vile man.

Were you aquainted with him or did you personally witness any reprehensible behaviour?

If not, you must accept your conclusion may be flawed.


I haven't been to the moon but I'm betting it's not made of cheese.



Well i have been to the moon and it is made of cheese !!!

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:23 am

yes itv news at 10 was FULL of more coverage that made me sick to hear it...........what a delightful contrast it was to have enjoyed a Norman Wisdon tribute programme on channel 4!
sick and sad and gary glitter and jonathon king were just the SAME types too|! urgh! :x :cry:

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:04 pm

Looks like Ken could be spending the weekend offloading all his Freddie Starr memorabilia, before the market crashes completely.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4572880/Freddie-Starr-loses-court-gag-bid-over-under-age-girl-grope-in-Jimmy-Saviles-dressing-room.html

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:19 pm

It's inevitable that lots of entertainers will have done things they are now embarrassed by when they were young. Freddie groping one girl at a party, whose age he perhaps didn't know (if being charitable to him), is not the same as the widespread abuse that is being linked to Savile.

I bet there are now a lot of pop stars of the '60s/'70s who are looking back and wondering whether all the groupies were of legal age.

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:35 pm

I hope the allegations are unfounded, because the guy did a helluva amount of good and raised countless millions of £.
If they are true, (it seems as if there is some foundation to all these rumours and allegations) it is a shame, he will always be thought of as a paedophile.
With the millions he raised, he has undoubtedly saved many lives and the majority being children. As I say I hope it is unfounded, but if true-well ............

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:46 pm

daylon wrote:With the millions he raised, he has undoubtedly saved many lives and the majority being children.

It's a bit like having a trout farm, so you can go fly fishing.

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:19 pm

TJ wrote:It's inevitable that lots of entertainers will have done things they are now embarrassed by when they were young. Freddie groping one girl at a party, whose age he perhaps didn't know (if being charitable to him), is not the same as the widespread abuse that is being linked to Savile.

I bet there are now a lot of pop stars of the '60s/'70s who are looking back and wondering whether all the groupies were of legal age.


Not only the stars. What about the people around them?

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:33 pm

I mentioned before I have not made up my mind, on this controversy, however, I can understand why people do not come forward until later. That always happens in life. I have a relative who confided in me about a trusted and liked family friend who sexually assaulted her when she was just a little girl. However, at the time, when she mentioned it to her mother, to her confusion, she was told to hush because the person accused should not be accused of such things and it sounded unbelievable. The relative told me this in a matter of fact tone as if time had reduced the shock enough to be able to speak about it less emotionally.

That is normal. But, I've noticed some cynicism in certain posts aimed the at the women (and that should also include the men that were also interviewed on the tv programme) because they did not show as much emotion as might be expected, or that they were doing it for personal publicity or money. That's equally judging people too quickly without knowing any more than the next person does.

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:15 am

I have a lot of respect for you Doc, but to imply that because I have different beliefs politically wise therefore I'm a bad fan attracted to Elvis is just an absurd remark, I love Elvis and was a fan before he died, but my political opinions are strong and cretins like Saville makes me sick, literally sick, if that annoys you then I apologise but under the freedom of speech act u have in the USA you should respect MY opinions even if you don't agree with them, unfortunately we don't have the same First Amendment here in the UK unless you're of a certain nationality.

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:14 am

CONFEDERATELVIS wrote: here in the UK .


Wow. I thought you were from the States. Perhaps a southerner . . .

Alabama at a guess!

That's me wrong again!

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:55 am

Bill Tanner ... I'm guessing Jim never fixed it for you! :smt002

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:13 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:Bill Tanner ... I'm guessing Jim never fixed it for you! :smt002


Have you revised your opinion of him in light of the recent 'revelations'?

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:37 pm

Savile was a sick man. He abused his position as a TV & Radio Personality to rape, molest and sexually abuse underage girls - the evidence is too overwhelming to deny that now.

A man has now come forward and said he was sexually abused by Savile when he was a child, and there a claims some of his victims were as young as 9.

For the life of me, I can't understand the people standing up for Jimmy here. It's just sick. I used to like the man - but after hearing all this unfold over the past week or so, and the countless stories from his victims and former colleagues and acquaintances, it's made me hate him. It's just pure, sick evil.

A lot of the people here are commeting without having read and seen so much of the evidence that has been now highlighted for the public.

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:38 pm

TJ wrote:I bet there are now a lot of pop stars of the '60s/'70s who are looking back and wondering whether all the groupies were of legal age.

You know what? I bet there aren't. But I bet there are a lot of people from the 60s and 70s who knew damn well how old the girls were, but who are now wondering if there might be a knock on the door any time soon.

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:43 pm

The Pirate wrote:
TJ wrote:I bet there are now a lot of pop stars of the '60s/'70s who are looking back and wondering whether all the groupies were of legal age.

You know what? I bet there aren't. But I bet there are a lot of people from the 60s and 70s who knew damn well how old the girls were, but who are now wondering if there might be a knock on the door any time soon.
i think ur spot on ..
Last edited by iffypresley on Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:03 pm

Savile seemingly was not alone in this...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... olved.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... en-13.html

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:04 pm

Good Time Charlie wrote:Savile seemingly was not alone in this...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... olved.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... en-13.html


With all due respect here, trusting stories that appear in the Daily Mail is not really the way forward. If all of this is true, then it is the police who have the most blame. Clearly investigations at the level required did not take place when all of this happened - why that is is something they have to answer.

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:05 pm

Good Time Charlie wrote:Savile seemingly was not alone in this...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... olved.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... en-13.html


One important point about all this is the fact the BBC could have been well aware of the goings on, and turned a blind eye. The BBC is paid for by public money, from a license fee. If they knew about Savile and his cohorts dealings, they should be bought to book on this one.

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:06 pm

poormadpeter wrote: If all of this is true, then it is the police who have the most blame..


?

I'm assuming you mean the most blame in the cover up.

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:52 am

CONFEDERATELVIS wrote:If Jacko was found not guilty, then why did he pay off one of his accusers????

You should certainly know more about Jackson before you make such a drastic conclusion. MJ himself never wanted to settle that case outside the court, but the insurance company adviced him/pressured him to do it. People who followed his trial, years after, was never in doubt about that case; he was innocent.

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:50 am

SURE HE WAS - THERE'S NO SMOKE WITHOUT FIRE

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:55 am

Bill Tanner wrote:
poormadpeter wrote: If all of this is true, then it is the police who have the most blame..


?

I'm assuming you mean the most blame in the cover up.


No, they should take the most blame. From what i have read, reports were made to the police many many years ago. If those investigations had been taken seriously and been done properly, one would assume that Saville would have been taken in for questioning, the news would have been all over the tabloids and the media in general and, whether found formally arrested or not, Saville would not have been in the position to carry on such activities. Even if Saville had not got as far as being arrested, then the news of the investigation would have leaked to the press. So, it seems as if the police didn't take the allegations seriously in the first place or, as you say, were instrumental in a cover-up.

I'm not saying I agree with trial by media, I vehemently do not - but what I am saying is that had a police investigation taken place then somehow the press would have got wind of it.

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:06 am

poormadpeter wrote:
Bill Tanner wrote:
poormadpeter wrote: If all of this is true, then it is the police who have the most blame..


?

I'm assuming you mean the most blame in the cover up.


No, they should take the most blame.

Rubbish. That's like saying that the Police were more to blame than Peter Sutcliffe for the Yorkshire Ripper killings.

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:37 am

CONFEDERATELVIS wrote:SURE HE WAS - THERE'S NO SMOKE WITHOUT FIRE


You sure live in a different earth than ours - the one I live in is full of ignorant and greedy people who simply don't care destroying one's life if it means MONEY.

Nevertheless, he was declared not guilty and no hard evidence was ever found that he indeed did what you claim he did. Quite the contrary: there was more inconsistency and lies than any truth. And thanks to the media, things got out of control.

I don't see any big fire here - more like someone messing with a box of matches in order to make people panic.

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:50 am

The Pirate wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
Bill Tanner wrote:
poormadpeter wrote: If all of this is true, then it is the police who have the most blame..


?

I'm assuming you mean the most blame in the cover up.


No, they should take the most blame.

Rubbish. That's like saying that the Police were more to blame than Peter Sutcliffe for the Yorkshire Ripper killings.


nothing of the sort. The police couldn't catch Sutcliffe, or didn't know who he was. That's very different to knowing and not doing anything about it.