Off Topic Messages

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:27 pm

http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/1013/Buitenland/ ... e-12.dhtml

Footballplayers charged with rape of a 12-yar old.
Despite the fact the girl agreed to have sex the adult footballplayers should have known better.

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:37 pm

zolderopruiming1 wrote:http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/1013/Buitenland/article/detail/3331364/2012/10/13/Footballspelers-aangeklaagd-voor-verkrachting-meisje-12.dhtml

Footballplayers charged with rape of a 12-yar old.
Despite the fact the girl agreed to have sex the adult footballplayers should have known better.


The footballer should be strung up with the b***s and the family of the little girl should be given 10 minutes with him alone....fair punishment

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:01 pm

It has to be said Esther Rantzen has never looked so uncomfortable as she did on BBC News channel channel where she effectively grilled for ten minutes as to why she says she knew what was going on but did nothing about it.

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:13 pm

Those people that knew should be utterly ashamed of themselves, they're almost as bad for not speaking out.
Rantzen is the bloody founder of Childline!!!!. I read an interview she gave, when she stated she knew of these rumours for a few years, yet she said nothing not even instigating any kind of investigation.

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:28 pm

daylon wrote:Those people that knew should be utterly ashamed of themselves, they're almost as bad for not speaking out.
Rantzen is the bloody founder of Childline!!!!. I read an interview she gave, when she stated she knew of these rumours for a few years, yet she said nothing not even instigating any kind of investigation.


her excuse today was that she couldn't report them because they were rumours and unsubstantiated - but then said that they were heard in every department within the BBC. Her other excuse was that she was just a junior researcher at the time and had no clout - but she soon rose to be one of the BBC's investigative journalist when she helmed That's Life, and still didn't investigate the continuing rumours. Whether that was because of pressure from bosses saying "you can't investigate this" is something we shall probably never know. IF that was the case however, and you cared about children as much as Rantzen says she does, wouldn't you put your job on the line and investigate it anyway? She was at the top of her profession at the time, and if she was sacked by the BBC she would have been jumped upon by ITV - she wouldn't have been jeopardising her career.

I'm not denying the wonderful work that Rantzen has done - and Childline is a wonderful charity that has achieved much not only for abused kids but also in the fight against bullying as well - BUT there are questions to be answered, and it remains to be seen how many people who knew about what was going on feel that they have a clear conscience after they did nothing about it.

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:50 pm

Yes. I agree with everything you wrote. I find her excuses pretty poor to say the least!
There will be many others that knew and did nothing about it, coming out with all sorts of reasons and excuses for their lack of action.

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:44 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
memphisto wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
On the contrary, the family have said that it was removed out of respect to public opinion, and has been destroyed. Had it been due to fear of vandalism, it wouldn't have been destroyed, it would have been kept somewhere to be returned when Savile's name was cleared. The destruction of it pretty much admits that is never going to happen:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-19893373

Trial by media isn't a new thing (check out the post on Jack Pickford in the blog in my signature), and I agree that in most cases it is a very bad thing. In this instance, however, the evidence has become so overwhelming that this isn't so much of a trial as a simple reporting of the situation - with added sensationalism, of course. The interesting thing will be whether any of those who knew this was going on will be tried for aiding and abetting, or something like that.


But the funeral director said "Once the outcome of the investigation has taken place then I guess Savile's family will sit down and think about what is the appropriate memorial, if any at all," which to me suggests that according to him the family are not sure of his guilt?

He also said Savile's family had made the decision to remove the gravestone because of "the impact the stone remaining there could have on the dignity and sanctity of the cemetery"...to me suggests they were expecting it to be vandalised.

Overwhelming evidence?, what evidence would that be?


120 lines of enquiry and up to 40 cases pretty much shows that Savile was guilty - 40 cases and all frauds? I don't think so!


Well there is a difference between allegations and guilt, guilt has to be proven.

I believe he is guilty but until he is proven guilty he is not, but everyone seems to think they know the evidence but they do not. Tabloids dont report evidence in a balanced way, thats the reality.

And the number of cases is irrelevant as they have never went to a court. Once guilt has been proven then that is the time to take apart his legacy.

The BBC arent going to come out of this well at all. And it is about time. Sometimes this UK state broadcaster is no better than Russia's state broadcaster.

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:56 pm

daylon wrote:Yes. I agree with everything you wrote. I find her excuses pretty poor to say the least!
There will be many others that knew and did nothing about it, coming out with all sorts of reasons and excuses for their lack of action.


At the same point you cant accuse someone if there is not enough evidence to support the accusation.

I seriously doubt that the the founder of Childline would have not followed leads on Savile if there was enough evidence. But if evidence was there...then she may find her career and respect gone, along with her association with Childline.

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:14 pm

http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/1013/Buitenland/ ... ilie.dhtml

Well, he now also is suspected to be a necrofile.
He liked to be in mortuariums.

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:16 pm

I think that there are people here who have either forgotten, or didn't know in the first place, the reputation that Savile had in this country. The phrase "Saint Jimmy" was not one which was bandied about lightly. You could pretty much sum up the list like this:

1) Jesus
2) The Dalai Lama
3) Jimmy Savile

with Mother Teresa trailing somewhere behind Nelson Mandela, Mahatma Gandhi, and Simon Cowell. He was virtually untouchable.

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:22 pm

zolderopruiming1 wrote:http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/1013/Buitenland/article/detail/3332003/2012/10/15/Jimmy-Savile-nu-ook-verdacht-van-necrofilie.dhtml

Well, he now also is suspected to be a necrofile.
He liked to be in mortuariums.

That's a very old rumour, and one which doesn't help at all. That, plus his alleged connection with The Yorkshire Ripper murders and his supposed affiliation with the Freemasons only served in the past, to make it easier for people to say "Rubbish!" whenever anyone accused him of anything dodgy.

The investigation should concentrate on the alleged child abuse, rather than this.

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:32 pm

The accusations have now reached international press.
Let's hope they will not find out he met Elvis several times.
Let's not hope they will investigate Elvis and the MM had young girls inside Graceland and Elvis liking to visit the morgue too. He might end up having the same reputation as his son-in-law.

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:53 pm

zolderopruiming1 wrote:The accusations have now reached international press.
Let's hope they will not find out he met Elvis several times.
Let's not hope they will investigate Elvis and the MM had young girls inside Graceland and Elvis liking to visit the morgue too. He might end up having the same reputation as his son-in-law.



So it's OK for Elvis to do wrong things because we like Elvis, but it's not ok for other people to do them? That is a very skewed logic - and surely a logic that caused this whole fiasco in the first place - if Savile wasn't deemed untouchable because of who he was, then seemingly 50+ people would not have been abused (allegedly).

As for the fact that Elvis met Savile a few times and thus Elvis might be investigated...well Savile met the Queen a few times too but I don't think there is a likelihood that she will be investigated in case his paedophilia rubbed off on her.

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:05 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
zolderopruiming1 wrote:The accusations have now reached international press.
Let's hope they will not find out he met Elvis several times.
Let's not hope they will investigate Elvis and the MM had young girls inside Graceland and Elvis liking to visit the morgue too. He might end up having the same reputation as his son-in-law.



So it's OK for Elvis to do wrong things because we like Elvis, but it's not ok for other people to do them? That is a very skewed logic - and surely a logic that caused this whole fiasco in the first place - if Savile wasn't deemed untouchable because of who he was, then seemingly 50+ people would not have been abused (allegedly).

As for the fact that Elvis met Savile a few times and thus Elvis might be investigated...well Savile met the Queen a few times too but I don't think there is a likelihood that she will be investigated in case his paedophilia rubbed off on her.


There is a difference between the Queen and a rock and roll singer plus his entourage known for love for young girls.
When Jerry Lee Lewis married his 13 year old cousin it killed his career at the time.
When Elvis dated a 14 year old Priscilla the Colonel had to do a lot of work to hide it from the press.

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:17 pm

zolderopruiming1 wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
zolderopruiming1 wrote:The accusations have now reached international press.
Let's hope they will not find out he met Elvis several times.
Let's not hope they will investigate Elvis and the MM had young girls inside Graceland and Elvis liking to visit the morgue too. He might end up having the same reputation as his son-in-law.



So it's OK for Elvis to do wrong things because we like Elvis, but it's not ok for other people to do them? That is a very skewed logic - and surely a logic that caused this whole fiasco in the first place - if Savile wasn't deemed untouchable because of who he was, then seemingly 50+ people would not have been abused (allegedly).

As for the fact that Elvis met Savile a few times and thus Elvis might be investigated...well Savile met the Queen a few times too but I don't think there is a likelihood that she will be investigated in case his paedophilia rubbed off on her.


There is a difference between the Queen and a rock and roll singer plus his entourage known for love for young girls.
When Jerry Lee Lewis married his 13 year old cousin it killed his career at the time.
When Elvis dated a 14 year old Priscilla the Colonel had to do a lot of work to hide it from the press.


What I am trying to say is that the fact someone met Savile does not automatically implicate them or suggest an investigation of them; Savile literally meant thousands of singers. However, if someone at some point comes forwards to making a complaint against presley and the memphis mafia, then it should be properly investigated. This would be unlikely now anyway - Savile has only been dead 1 year, whereas Presley has been dead 35 years.

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:39 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
zolderopruiming1 wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
zolderopruiming1 wrote:The accusations have now reached international press.
Let's hope they will not find out he met Elvis several times.
Let's not hope they will investigate Elvis and the MM had young girls inside Graceland and Elvis liking to visit the morgue too. He might end up having the same reputation as his son-in-law.



So it's OK for Elvis to do wrong things because we like Elvis, but it's not ok for other people to do them? That is a very skewed logic - and surely a logic that caused this whole fiasco in the first place - if Savile wasn't deemed untouchable because of who he was, then seemingly 50+ people would not have been abused (allegedly).

As for the fact that Elvis met Savile a few times and thus Elvis might be investigated...well Savile met the Queen a few times too but I don't think there is a likelihood that she will be investigated in case his paedophilia rubbed off on her.


There is a difference between the Queen and a rock and roll singer plus his entourage known for love for young girls.
When Jerry Lee Lewis married his 13 year old cousin it killed his career at the time.
When Elvis dated a 14 year old Priscilla the Colonel had to do a lot of work to hide it from the press.


What I am trying to say is that the fact someone met Savile does not automatically implicate them or suggest an investigation of them; Savile literally meant thousands of singers. However, if someone at some point comes forwards to making a complaint against presley and the memphis mafia, then it should be properly investigated. This would be unlikely now anyway - Savile has only been dead 1 year, whereas Presley has been dead 35 years.


The MM are still alive.

What I meant is that the press may link Jimmy Saville to Elvis and his love for young girls as well as his morbid liking of visiting the morgue.

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:05 pm

zolderopruiming1 wrote:Then there were the young girls at Graceland when the "men" were in their 20's, 30's, 40's.

What do you mean when you say 'young'? 4, 9, 13, 16, 18, 20? Give us some examples, otherwise your observation is pointless.

zolderopruiming1 wrote:Even at 42 Elvis had a 19 years young girlfriend.

Not true. Ginger was 20 at that time. And it was legal anyway.

It's disgusting how certain people are trying to defend a pedophile, just because they liked him in Top Of The Pops. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:59 pm

mocskoskurva wrote:
zolderopruiming1 wrote:Then there were the young girls at Graceland when the "men" were in their 20's, 30's, 40's.

What do you mean when you say 'young'? 4, 9, 13, 16, 18, 20? Give us some examples, otherwise your observation is pointless.

zolderopruiming1 wrote:Even at 42 Elvis had a 19 years young girlfriend.

Not true. Ginger was 20 at that time. And it was legal anyway.

It's disgusting how certain people are trying to defend a pedophile, just because they liked him in Top Of The Pops. :roll: :roll: :roll:


Young as in dating a 14 year old Priscilla while Elvis was 24.
Young as those 15 year olds to which Elvis, 24, wrot6e a letter while in Germany.
All u n d e r a g e girls while Elvis was an a d u l t.

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:01 pm

And it's amazing everyone condemns Jimmy Saville but nobody seems to care Elvis the adult had underage girlfriends.

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:49 pm

zolderopruiming1 wrote:And it's amazing everyone condemns Jimmy Saville but nobody seems to care Elvis the adult had underage girlfriends.

It's easier to condone somebody having consensual relationships with barely under age girls, when there is a ten year age gap, than it is to condone a middle aged man forcing himself onto children aged nine and upwards.

What Elvis did was not exactly clever, but if the climate at that time in the Southern States was such that it was considered acceptable, why would Elvis be any different? Jerry Lee married a 13 year old, and Loretta Lynn was married at 15. It's all about what you are brought up to believe is right and proper. I doubt anyone ever said to the 50 year old Jimmy Savile that it was OK to get hand jobs from young lasses.

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:37 pm

zolderopruiming1 wrote:And it's amazing everyone condemns Jimmy Saville but nobody seems to care Elvis the adult had underage girlfriends.

Jimmy Saville was that bad his own family has removed his tombstone. Does that not tell you something?

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:40 pm

zolderopruiming1 wrote:
mocskoskurva wrote:
zolderopruiming1 wrote:Then there were the young girls at Graceland when the "men" were in their 20's, 30's, 40's.

What do you mean when you say 'young'? 4, 9, 13, 16, 18, 20? Give us some examples, otherwise your observation is pointless.

zolderopruiming1 wrote:Even at 42 Elvis had a 19 years young girlfriend.

Not true. Ginger was 20 at that time. And it was legal anyway.

It's disgusting how certain people are trying to defend a pedophile, just because they liked him in Top Of The Pops. :roll: :roll: :roll:


Young as in dating a 14 year old Priscilla while Elvis was 24.
Young as those 15 year olds to which Elvis, 24, wrot6e a letter while in Germany.
All u n d e r a g e girls while Elvis was an a d u l t.


By the way i thought this thread was about jimmy sick and not elvis.

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:43 pm

The Pirate wrote:
zolderopruiming1 wrote:And it's amazing everyone condemns Jimmy Saville but nobody seems to care Elvis the adult had underage girlfriends.

It's easier to condone somebody having consensual relationships with barely under age girls, when there is a ten year age gap, than it is to condone a middle aged man forcing himself onto children aged nine and upwards.

What Elvis did was not exactly clever, but if the climate at that time in the Southern States was such that it was considered acceptable, why would Elvis be any different? Jerry Lee married a 13 year old, and Loretta Lynn was married at 15. It's all about what you are brought up to believe is right and proper. I doubt anyone ever said to the 50 year old Jimmy Savile that it was OK to get hand jobs from young lasses.


Spot on

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:48 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
zolderopruiming1 wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
zolderopruiming1 wrote:The accusations have now reached international press.
Let's hope they will not find out he met Elvis several times.
Let's not hope they will investigate Elvis and the MM had young girls inside Graceland and Elvis liking to visit the morgue too. He might end up having the same reputation as his son-in-law.



So it's OK for Elvis to do wrong things because we like Elvis, but it's not ok for other people to do them? That is a very skewed logic - and surely a logic that caused this whole fiasco in the first place - if Savile wasn't deemed untouchable because of who he was, then seemingly 50+ people would not have been abused (allegedly).

As for the fact that Elvis met Savile a few times and thus Elvis might be investigated...well Savile met the Queen a few times too but I don't think there is a likelihood that she will be investigated in case his paedophilia rubbed off on her.


There is a difference between the Queen and a rock and roll singer plus his entourage known for love for young girls.
When Jerry Lee Lewis married his 13 year old cousin it killed his career at the time.
When Elvis dated a 14 year old Priscilla the Colonel had to do a lot of work to hide it from the press.


What I am trying to say is that the fact someone met Savile does not automatically implicate them or suggest an investigation of them; Savile literally meant thousands of singers. However, if someone at some point comes forwards to making a complaint against presley and the memphis mafia, then it should be properly investigated. This would be unlikely now anyway - Savile has only been dead 1 year, whereas Presley has been dead 35 years.


Peter you might as well be pissing into the wind than to explain it to zolderopruiming1

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:52 pm

rizzy56 wrote:
The Pirate wrote:
zolderopruiming1 wrote:And it's amazing everyone condemns Jimmy Saville but nobody seems to care Elvis the adult had underage girlfriends.

It's easier to condone somebody having consensual relationships with barely under age girls, when there is a ten year age gap, than it is to condone a middle aged man forcing himself onto children aged nine and upwards.

What Elvis did was not exactly clever, but if the climate at that time in the Southern States was such that it was considered acceptable, why would Elvis be any different? Jerry Lee married a 13 year old, and Loretta Lynn was married at 15. It's all about what you are brought up to believe is right and proper. I doubt anyone ever said to the 50 year old Jimmy Savile that it was OK to get hand jobs from young lasses.


Spot on


There was a "climate" within the BBC that allowed the Savile situation to take place as well. And while Priscilla was no doubt consenting to whatever went on with Elvis, wouldn't virtually any girl have been consenting to Elvis? Is the situation the same as Savile? Of course not. But we need to remember that not all of Savile's "crimes" took place when he was middle aged or old aged, they are spanning sixty years, which places him in his mid-20s when they started.

Regarding Elvis and Priscilla, we also need to remember that Elvis was in Germany when the pair met, where the age of consent is just 14, making her over the age of consent there when they met. She was seventeen by the time she and Elvis were together for the first time in America although she still would have been underage by one year at that time according to Tennessee law.
Last edited by poormadpeter on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.