Off Topic Messages

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:34 am

If people would know what did go on and no doubt still goes on in dressing rooms and artists' homes, people would not be so surprised and shocked as they are now.
Even Elvis had 14 years olds up in his room!
Artists like The Rolling Stones and Jimi Hendrix were known to have "famous" groupies who did "everything" for these artists. And with "everything" it as not just the laundry! Some even made casts (if that is the right name) of these artists' genitals. This has been documented.
It's not just for fun called Sex, drugs and rock & roll!

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:52 am

I know there shouldn't be, but there's a difference between a slightly underage groupie who's up and willing and a naive child who isn't but is coerced into certain things.

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:39 am

JaneTLC wrote:I know there shouldn't be, but there's a difference between a slightly underage groupie who's up and willing and a naive child who isn't but is coerced into certain things.


I agree, but where is that line drawn? Sexual age of consent as I have said before seems to be the most ridiculously arbitrary of numbers - who can say at what age "everyone" matures enough to make decisions with regards to sex? We all mature mentally at different ages - Let's face it, we're still waiting for some adult members of these boards to mature!

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:14 am

I don't have the answer to that, but people like Saville tend to home in specifically on the naive ones, because they can't handle an adult or quasi-adult in the first place.
And yes, to the last point you made.

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:34 am

yeah i read today that another British DJ i used to listen too Dave Lee Travis was taken in for questioning!- where will it end? :shock: :cry:

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:00 am

If Simon Bates is the next BBC DJ to be arrested the jokes will never stop! :wink:

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:47 am

Delboy wrote:If Simon Bates is the next BBC DJ to be arrested the jokes will never stop! :wink:

huh! what next Steve Wright?? :roll: :oops:

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:33 pm

Dave Lee Travis has not, as far as I'm aware, been accused of anything to do with under age children. All the charges against him relate to him allegedly groping female presenters over the years, all of whom were very much over the age of consent.

If true, then I'd be the first person to say that he shouldn't have done it. It's horrible, and if it had been my wife who was groped I'd have gone round there and given him a swift kick in the nuts. But that's the point, it's something that should have been dealt with at the time, it's not something that you bring up forty years after the event. Apparently he was supposed to have "jiggled" one woman's breasts while the show was on air. Well that's just immature, and anyone who does that has probably got some issues that need sorting out, but rightly or wrongly (hint...it's wrong) it was part of the "lad culture" that existed back then, and you would hope that even the "hilarious" Hairy Cornflake himself would have packed it in long ago. Which, again as far as I'm aware, he has. These are all historical charges.

I just feel that the whole Savile business has been totally overplayed. It started out with admirable intentions, and bringing Savile's crimes to light was something that many of us wished had happened years ago. But it's quite clear that what is happening now is that there are hundreds of people jumping on the bandwagon. The press too, are using this for their own benefit as a way of getting back at the Leveson inquiry. It's their way of saying "You see? You try to stifle the press, and this kind of thing will end up being brushed under the carpet. We need our freedom." Forgetting of course that all of this was being stifled by the press themselves during the last four decades, when Leveson was nowhere to be seen.

Now we have Lord McAlpine, who has admittedly been dealt an awful hand by being falsely named as a paedophile - but, doesn't anybody think that the BBC have been rather quick to hand over £185,000 in 'compensation' on the day that his lawyers were going out of their way to suggest that all he really wanted were retractions and apologies from all the parties concerned? And in the meantime, the real victims in all of this - the children themselves, who were systematically sexually abused - have been forgotten.

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:57 pm

DLT deserves a stretch in prison for the crap music he played for over twenty years and that crap snooker quiz he did on Radio 2. :evil:

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:01 pm

i won a prize on that snooker quiz

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:52 pm

The Pirate wrote:Now we have Lord McAlpine, who has admittedly been dealt an awful hand by being falsely named as a paedophile - but, doesn't anybody think that the BBC have been rather quick to hand over £185,000 in 'compensation' on the day that his lawyers were going out of their way to suggest that all he really wanted were retractions and apologies from all the parties concerned? And in the meantime, the real victims in all of this - the children themselves, who were systematically sexually abused - have been forgotten.


Yea coupled with the Director General resigning and getting £485000 in a pay off, all for less than 2 months work. 4000 license fees just frittered away. Never mind, they will end up putting up the license fee and the public will pay for it...typical

The Lord McAlpine thing was all a ploy to take the heat off of the BBC and the Jimmy Savile scandal...finally people are beginning to see how the BBC is run and its not for the sake of the people.

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:07 pm

Delboy wrote:If Simon Bates is the next BBC DJ to be arrested the jokes will never stop! :wink:


Sad day if it's Simon next .To me the guy will always be known as the master :wink:

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:22 pm

I don't think that these celebs that have been arrested should be named in public,only if they are going to be charged with anything then they should be named.

Seeing all the scumbag press taking photos of Dave Lee Travis while he was in his car was disgusting.

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:25 pm

Bodie wrote:I don't think that these celebs that have been arrested should be named in public,only if they are going to be charged with anything then they should be named.

Seeing all the scumbag press taking photos of Dave Lee Travis while he was in his car was disgusting.


yep........doing what they do best.....kretins

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:52 pm

I watched four corners tonight in Australia which 'claimed' to be showing the other side of savile story' well its was 'pretty weak' i can tell you half a dozen interviews from victims an upset ester ranzen and masses of 'talk' that Savile can never defend! also this programme was about 1 month completely 'out of date too' like claiming 300 'victims' etc.....when i read it was now 900 or so.... poorly presented, unconvincing and attacking someone who cannot answer. i'm NOT saying for one minute Savile was 'innocent' but the programme was VERY poor and un convincing!~ :|

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:26 am

Max Clifford has just been arrested. Where's a good publicist when you need one? :twisted:

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:54 am

Delboy wrote:Max Clifford has just been arrested.
Where's a good publicist when you need one? :twisted:


Stuart Hall has been asking the same question................................

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:58 am

ColinB wrote:
Delboy wrote:Max Clifford has just been arrested.
Where's a good publicist when you need one? :twisted:


Stuart Hall has been asking the same question................................

What about the mysterious australian entertainer in his 80s who was questioned?wonder why they didnt name him ?when they named and shamed the others

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:59 pm

I won't be posting for a while as I'm in the process of setting up a company; www.publicisttothepublicisttothestars.com. I've tried to get Max Clifford on board but he's not answering my calls. Meanwhile, if any FECC members think they're about to be 'outed' by the press send me a PM. :D

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:42 pm

keninlincs wrote:What about the mysterious australian entertainer in his 80s who was questioned?
wonder why they didnt name him ?
when they named and shamed the others


Yes, strange that.

I can't think of any Australians who fit the description at all.

Rolf Harris is 82.......................

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:49 pm

Good one Colin

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:33 pm

ColinB wrote:
keninlincs wrote:What about the mysterious australian entertainer in his 80s who was questioned?
wonder why they didnt name him ?
when they named and shamed the others


Yes, strange that.

I can't think of any Australians who fit the description at all.

Rolf Harris is 82.......................


I'm sure there are many other Australian entertainers in their 80s!

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:40 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
ColinB wrote:
keninlincs wrote:What about the mysterious australian entertainer in his 80s who was questioned?
wonder why they didnt name him ?
when they named and shamed the others


Yes, strange that.

I can't think of any Australians who fit the description at all.

Rolf Harris is 82.......................


I'm sure there are many other Australian entertainers in their 80s!



Skippy's been around a while and must be at least 70. I don't want to start any rumours but he mysteriously disappeared in the late sixties.

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:08 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
ColinB wrote:
keninlincs wrote:What about the mysterious australian entertainer in his 80s who was questioned?
wonder why they didnt name him ?
when they named and shamed the others


Yes, strange that.

I can't think of any Australians who fit the description at all.

Rolf Harris is 82.......................


I'm sure there are many other Australian entertainers in their 80s!


Well, yes, but they must be living in the UK to fit this bill.....................