Off Topic Messages

Lisa On Later With Jools Holland

Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:32 pm

for those interested Lisa is on tonights show on bbc2 also featuring Bobby Womack

Re: Lisa On Later With Jools Holland

Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:40 pm

is she performing or being interviewed?

Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:30 am

brian wrote:is she performing or being interviewed?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01n86fk

Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:41 am

She sang "You Aint Seen Nothing Yet"there will be more on friday nights extended edition

Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:20 am

I watched this, and still think her voice is c*rap......she's no personality on the stage

Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:21 am

keninlincs wrote:She sang "You Aint Seen Nothing Yet"there will be more on friday nights extended edition

Here it is:

phpBB [video]

Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:21 am

debtd1 wrote:I watched this, and still think her voice is c*rap......she's no personality on the stage

Yes Deb,she is very wooden

Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:27 am

keninlincs wrote:
debtd1 wrote:I watched this, and still think her voice is c*rap......she's no personality on the stage

Yes Deb,she is very wooden

Her singing actually stresses me out it sounds so bad .
Please Lisa give up that singing career you sound like a rejected female Bob Dylan.

Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:52 pm

Not great. I do think she can sing better than that though. She's making a conscious decision to take that approach.

Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:05 pm

TJ wrote:Not great. I do think she can sing better than that though. She's making a conscious decision to take that approach.

If that song don't convince you, she has many others that will on that CD , taken a good listen, and block out of your mind that she is Elvis' daughter, and you will wish you had a judgement seat on the Gong Show if she were there.

Along with one of these below.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:33 pm

I'd like to hear her do an uplifting song...see if she sounds any better. Makes me want to put a noose around my neck its so depressive

Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:09 pm

Julian Grant wrote:
keninlincs wrote:She sang "You Aint Seen Nothing Yet"there will be more on friday nights extended edition

Here it is:

phpBB [video]

Is she singing in English?

Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:58 pm

keninlincs wrote:for those interested Lisa is on tonights show on bbc2 also featuring Bobby Womack

And I think I heard Jools say, over the applause, that he will be chatting with her on the Friday broadcast.

Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:14 pm

gonna watch it tonight bbc2 :)

Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:39 am

Just saw and heard (unfortunately) it and I know it's Elvis' child but thruth be told, she can't sing period. And it's always suicide music she's singing and indeed she has no stage presence. I wish it was different but alas.

Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Simon1 wrote:Just saw and heard (unfortunately) it and I know it's Elvis' child but thruth be told, she can't sing period. And it's always suicide music she's singing and indeed she has no stage presence. I wish it was different but alas.
i thought she was brilliant.what was u expecting..elvis presence?

Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:52 am

iffypresley wrote:
Simon1 wrote:Just saw and heard (unfortunately) it and I know it's Elvis' child but thruth be told, she can't sing period. And it's always suicide music she's singing and indeed she has no stage presence. I wish it was different but alas.

No I was expecting someone who can sing, very simple. What did you think was brilliant about it?
Did you hear Neil Sedaka? Now that was singing.

Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:02 am

Simon1 wrote:
iffypresley wrote:

No I was expecting someone who can sing, very simple. What did you think was brilliant about it?
soz m8..but i thought she was really good..loved it....love tht deepness to her voice...and the backing group...anyway...if u like u like..if u dont u dont....neil just does wht he does...same songs...but nice on the ear.....

Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:21 am

I enjoyed the bit she did. Why not? She's no worse than many others. Pretty too..

Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:58 pm

You are to nice, really.

Bet Elvis is proud of his fans now.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:19 pm

Simon1 wrote:
iffypresley wrote:

Despite my hatred for Laughter In The Rain (don't ask me why, no idea!), Sedaka sang very well and is in remarkable voice for his age - one of the very few singers whose actual sound has barely changed as he reaches old age. The extremities of his range are no longer as assured, but other than that he is as good as ever. What's more, he still performs in the main with just a piano - there's nowhere to hide as a vocalist with such bare accompaniment. Compare that to Elvis who, when more than thirty years younger than Sedaka, was hiding under virtually a complete orchestra and still wasn't coming out sounding good.

As I've said elsewhere, Sedaka's performance style is not for everyone and can be somewhat saccharine, but he always seems to be enjoying himself on stage and, without doubt, is one of the most versatile pop songwriters we have ever seen. Off to see him next Wednesday at the Royal Albert Hall - hoping for a good time.