Off Topic Messages

Priscilla in Panto (UK)

Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:05 pm

The Wicked Queen has arrived! Priscilla Presley shows off her costume as she gears up for her first ever panto role in Snow White
By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 18:47, 26 September 2012 | UPDATED: 09:44, 27 September 2012
Comments (24) Share

Priscilla Presley is gearing up for her first ever panto, and it seems she's enjoying the experience.

The ex-wife of Elvis will star as the Wicked Queen in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs at the New Wimbledon Theatre later this year, and new pictures show Priscilla looks positively evil in her costume.

The dress is quite revealing for the 67-year-old, as she makes use of the big split in the front of her red dress to stick out one of her toned legs.

Behind you! Priscilla Presley shows off her costume for her very first British pantomime, Snow White

Lady in red: The 67-year-old actress shows off her revealing red sequined costume, which she will wear every evening in Snow White
The actress will star next to Warwick Davis and Jarred Christmas in the show that starts its run on December 7.
More...‘I think she's brilliant... she's actually quite a naughty girl!' Sharon Osbourne defends 'boring' Nicole Scherzinger as she returns to the X Factor for judges' houses
Lady and the tramp: TOWIE's Lydia Bright looks elegant in emerald... while boyfriend Tom Kilbey opts for a laid-back look

She follows in the footsteps of Dame Edna and David Hasselhoff, who also appeared at the theatre in previous pantomimes.

'I have heard such wonderful things about British pantomime,' Priscilla said.

'The script is hilarious, my costume is sensational and I can't wait to get started and give the people of London my Wicked Queen.'

The forbidden fruit: Priscilla is getting into character as she seems to bewitch the apple that will seal Snow White's fate
'I've heard such wonderful things': Priscilla is looking forward to starring in her first panto alongside Warwick Davis and Jarred Christmas
Priscilla recently spoke to the Sunday Times Magazine about her rocky relationship with her daughter Lisa Marie, that she says stems from the legacy Elvis left them with.

'I have to admit we've both had problems with men over the years. We've both made some bad choices. And maybe it's because we both still live with the shadow of Elvis.

'What I mean is, any man who comes into our lives has to understand that being with us can be overwhelming. The whole world is always watching.'

New role: Elvis Presley's former wife follows in the footsteps of David Hasselhoff and Pamela Anderson who have previously performed at the theatre in their own festive stage shows
However, the two have since made up and are now closer than ever.

'These days, I'd call Lisa Marie my best friend. I think that being a mother herself helped her to understand that, throughout those difficult times, I was just trying to do what was right for her.

'We've been through so much together: personal problems, family problems, relationship problems. That pushed us apart for a long time, but finally we've found each other again.'

Here's a link to the original source,this has photos,I didn't know how to post them!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2208952/Priscilla-Presley-shows-costume-gears-panto-role-Snow-White.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Re: Priscilla in Panto (UK)

Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:20 pm

maybe thts why shes on tv this morning.(this morning) our breakfast tv on itv channel today in about an hour...maybe shes promoting the panto?..

Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:57 pm

Yea she was promoting the Panto and talking about her role in Dallas,as I said when there's no talk of Elvis it's boring(For me.)
Her ties with Elvis and the Presley name are what's getting her these jobs not her acting abilities,although I'm not knocking that.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:10 pm

Oh no she isn't!

Geoff

Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:39 pm

Oh yes she is!

Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:42 pm

For some video on this thread please go to the following URL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exLb9OC9QDA

Brian

Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:59 am

Geez! i have never seen so much press flash photography!!!! :?

Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:31 am

Priscilla won't have to go through make up for this role.

Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:25 pm

Cruella de Vil :lol:

Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:31 pm

Quite funny really,Elvis was the King and now she's playing the wicked Queen! In the Elvis world many have always held that opinion of her.I personally haven't got a problem with her ( I met her and she was great) but even she must realise that the only reason she's in the Panto is because they want the lure of the Presley name up in lights.
But I suppose she can't really win,we moan when we think she's milking the Elvis connection and we moan when she doesn't talk about him! She should give up the acting an be what she is which is the same as the rest of them,a walking talking connection to Elvis,who's pull on us is still so strong that we give them the time of day.

Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:25 pm

Scientologists like Priscilla actually believe that when you die the spirit "drops the body" and comes back in a new body.
Given Priscilla's obvious unhappy state of mind , her obsession with her looks and her desperate but failing attemps to stay young by means of the scalpel
I can;t figure out why she hasn't found her way out yet in this lifetime.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:44 am

whatsupdoc wrote:Priscilla won't have to go through make up for this role.

:twisted:

Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:46 pm

She was good in Naked Gun where she played it straight for the comedy. But as the Wicked Queen she's going to be booed (panto tradition)! I wonder what her interaction with the audience will be like - will she say, "Oh no it isn't!". I think she's bound to. Anyway, I hope she really enjoys panto.

I love Panto.

Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:43 am

What ???? I thought the thread read "Priscilla In Panties". I'm soo disappointed.

Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:17 am

Slightly off topic. Abu Hamza received a timely boost today when the Guantanamo Prison announced Peter Pan as their Christmas panto.

Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:27 am

Might be best handing out drinks than apples...

Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:34 am

Why? Does she really need to so this? Not classy.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:20 am

whatsupdoc wrote:Scientologists like Priscilla actually believe that when you die the spirit "drops the body" and comes back in a new body.
Given Priscilla's obvious unhappy state of mind , her obsession with her looks and her desperate but failing attemps to stay young by means of the scalpel
I can;t figure out why she hasn't found her way out yet in this lifetime.

It's my guess that the Presley family have quietly cut their ties with Scientology.