Off Topic Messages

Re: Singer Andy Williams Dead at 84

Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:01 pm

I have no idea who he was but rest in peace anyway.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:33 pm

I also have a few albums by Andy Williams, although he's not that much known over here.
The albums i have, do have also an EP connection, like songs they both sang.
I will remember him for his voice, smooth and silk, the crooner all the way.
Maybe he's best known here in Belgium for "Where do i begin" from Love story.

Played this album today to remembering.
He will be missed in the music industry, and every Christmas his voice will be singing eternaly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:09 am

Does anyone know if Andy ever met Elvis?

Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:19 am

nashnet wrote:Does anyone know if Andy ever met Elvis?

Rumor mill has it that Andy has attended one of Elvis's shows at the Hilton.

Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:44 pm

this is very sad news....i'm a bit surprised he is dead 1 year after diagnosis......i know other people who had 3 more years after this type of cancer............. :cry: a tremedously talented singer|!

Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:27 pm

YDKM wrote:this is very sad news....i'm a bit surprised he is dead 1 year after diagnosis......i know other people who had 3 more years after this type of cancer............. :cry: a tremedously talented singer|!

it depends how late the diagnosis was made, and other health conditions he might have had, I guess. He has certainly seemed quite frail in recent years, I think - especially when compared to someone like Tony Bennett who is about two years old.

Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:40 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
YDKM wrote:this is very sad news....i'm a bit surprised he is dead 1 year after diagnosis......i know other people who had 3 more years after this type of cancer............. :cry: a tremedously talented singer|!

it depends how late the diagnosis was made, and other health conditions he might have had, I guess. He has certainly seemed quite frail in recent years, I think - especially when compared to someone like Tony Bennett who is about two years old.

I thought about that too. That it really took him out. They have a lot of success these days, but part of it is luck with genes, and part of it is the general upkeep of health and handling stress. Tony Bennett just has his thing together! He's very outspoken, self-assured. (He was very angry when Amy Winehouse and Whitney Houston died, and made statements against the U. S. "War On Drugs." The statements were incomplete, as they were on-stage, but the fact that he did it . . . showed guts and strength.)

If you lose that, if you get into a whole thing where "I'm old, I shouldn't be involved in . . . life" type of mindset - and that happens, then something will get you. We have the medical technologies now to expand life-expectancy and quality tremendously, but it varies by a lot of factors. (The biggest is access to health care, but that wouldn't be the case with Andy Williams.)

I read the obituaries in the paper. So people are living LONG, nowadays. So, yeah, it's sad. Especially if he suffered.

rjm

Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:03 am

Here's little Donny Osmond being introduced on The Andy Williams Show (circa 1963)
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdLkJchn ... re=related

Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:47 pm

BBC4 in the UK is showing the complete Albert Hall concert from 1978 (the one that included Trilogy) this weekend as a tribute.

Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:26 pm

Andy Williams singing "Winter Wonderland" with his brothers. They definitely all look like brothers!
:smt114 :smt114 :smt114 :smt114 >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3zk1aNTQ3c