Dean Martin

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
KiwiAlan
Registered for: 21 years

Dean Martin

Post by KiwiAlan »

Watched the final episode of this year's Sopranos series.

It had scenes where a Dean Martin album figured as part of the plot. Dean was at the Sands and sung "I Don't Care If The Sun Don't Shine" with altered lyrics eg..."I do my drinking in the evening time when I'm in Vegas". The two tracks we heard had a very high dynamic range and sounded absolutely superb in stereo.

My question - does any know what the album is called - probably something like "Dean Martin at the Sands" :?:

When you get to the point where you really understand your computer, it's probably obsolete

Swedish

Re: Dean Martin

Post by Swedish »

"I Don't Care If The Sun Don't Shine" with "I do my drinking in the evening time when I'm in Vegas"
Windows Media:http://hurl.content.loudeye.com/scripts/hurl.exe?clipid=040518901020006900&cid=600007
Real Audio:http://www.content.loudeye.com/scripts/hurl.exe?~ttt-600007/0405189_0102_00_0002.ra

Deadpool
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Deadpool »

The album is Dean Martin Live at the Sands, live in 1963. It's a superb concert, with Dean in great form, and proving what a great comedian he was as well as proving his obvious singing talent. It's a budget price release and you'll find it on Amazon and probably e-bay. Highly recommended!

Topic author
KiwiAlan

Post by KiwiAlan »

Thank you :D

When you get to the point where you really understand your computer, it's probably obsolete

elvis-fan

Post by elvis-fan »

No fair Swedish, putting up only 29 seconds of that tune!!!!
Sounds great! I've never heard him do that song and I am big Dean Martin fan.
Any chance you could post the whole thing? (just the one song I mean)

James27

Post by James27 »

This album is one of my favorite live albums. After Dean's very amusing part (is this guy an entertainer or what?) it's Frank's turn and he puts forth a more serious bunch of songs, after that they chat and then comes Sammy Davis Jr. and he does some impressions and good songs.
Dean and Frank really get rough on Sammy Davis Jr. (which he don't seem to mind), and are constantly singing great, making funny remarks and wisecracks, and the BAND...the band will just blow you away! :shock: