Off Topic Messages

The day Mccartney was awful with Lennon

Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:09 pm

hi

beatles'fans, tell me if i'm wrong ...

macca would have said in 1985 in the magazine woman

'lennon wasnt martin luther king; lennon was suspicious, plotter, parano, jealous and took advantage of songs he never wrote'
Last edited by tcb4 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Re: The day Mccartney wasn't kind with Lennon

Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:19 pm

tcb4 wrote:hi

hi

you're wrong

Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:49 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
tcb4 wrote:hi

hi

you're wrong

3rd videoclip
http://obsession.nouvelobs.com/people/2 ... ideos.html

Re: The day Mccartney was awful with Lennon

Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:24 pm

Again, and as with the shameful [recently deleted] "Madonna is like a fairground stripper" thread, it's all about context.
Anyone with an agenda [i.e. a book to sell for instance] can twist and manipulate anything to suit their own needs.
A wise scholar though, will always be able to determine the grains of truth from a mountain of sewage.

phpBB [video]

P.S. You still haven't done the right thing by deleting your own spurious post here --> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71173#p1063386

Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:46 pm

tcb4 wrote:3rd videoclip

Wonderful clip, but it's a French language broadcast, there's no McCartney heard, and only some vintage images seen (1964, 1968). So it is not helpful.

The comments you seek (and misquote) do not originally derive from that November 1985 issue of Women magazine, but actually from an update published by Beatles biographer Hunter Davies.

The author got Paul's statement circa May 1981 (right after he'd attended Ringo's wedding to Barbara Bach on April 27) and it only reflects a fatigue at the time with Lennon being canonized in the media since John's tragic murder, only 4 and a half months earlier. It was not from something published in "some british newspapers" in 1985.

If you get your facts right, you can learn a lot.

Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:18 am

elvisalisellers wrote:Again, and as with the shameful [recently deleted] "Madonna is like a fairground stripper" thread, it's all about context.
Anyone with an agenda [i.e. a book to sell for instance] can twist and manipulate anything to suit their own needs.
A wise scholar though, will always be able to determine the grains of truth from a mountain of sewage.

phpBB [video]

P.S. You still haven't done the right thing by deleting your own spurious post here --> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71173#p1063386

That interview was so f*cking boring :smt015

Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:12 am

rocknroller wrote:That interview was so f*cking boring :smt015

So you don't want to see part 2 where he duets with Keith Urban? :D

Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:20 am

elvisalisellers wrote:

Not if its a boring as part 1 :wink:

Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:18 am

elvisalisellers wrote:

Keith Urban = EXCITEMENT!

Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:25 am

I don't have the clip presently, but I saw one on television (probably when she died) of Linda talking about Paul's truly distraught reaction to Lennon's murder. She said it was really bad: he was really, truly distraught. I SAW this: I saw her say it. That Paul's grief was really, really intense.

Paul doesn't deal with talking about his feelings about death well: he lost his mother at a young age, and it kind of messed him up. But just because he doesn't express it well doesn't mean he doesn't feel it. They were "brothers" after all. They really were.

Hope that helps some.

rjm

Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:05 pm

hi i'd like to know what song can be heard on the 3rd videoclip

thanx :smt006

Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:30 pm

tcb4 wrote:hi i'd like to know what song can be heard on the 3rd videoclip

thanx :smt006

I assume you mean the first song in the clip, That is " Nobody told me" By John lennon.

phpBB [video]

Alan.

Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:15 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:Again, and as with the shameful [recently deleted] "Madonna is like a fairground stripper" thread, it's all about context.

Not to defend -or attack- anyone, but a "wise scholar" defends his opinion with arguments and doesn't go crying to mommy to have a thread deleted.

Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:40 pm

javilu wrote:

Not to defend -or attack- anyone, but a "wise scholar" defends his opinion with arguments and doesn't go crying to mommy to have a thread deleted.

WTF are you talking about?!
FYI, I didn't get the thread deleted.
I'll await your apology.

Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:25 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:
javilu wrote:

I'll await your apology.

You are guilty until a Mod comes around and says you didn't report the thread :P

Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:37 am

javilu wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:
javilu wrote:

I'll await your apology.

You are guilty until a Mod comes around and says you didn't report the thread :P

Have you always been the class clown, or is it just a recent thing? :P

Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:39 am

elvisalisellers wrote:
javilu wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:
javilu wrote:

I'll await your apology.

Well my mate javi has always been a clown if that helps ! :lol:

Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:55 am

rocknroller wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:
javilu wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:
javilu wrote:

I'll await your apology.

But i wouldn`t say he has class :P .

Alan.

Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:07 am

Chad Gates wrote:
rocknroller wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:
javilu wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:
javilu wrote:

I'll await your apology.

Alan.

He's not the brightest spark, that's for sure.

Let's hope one of the mod's is looking in, so this poor little fella can be put out of his misery. :P

Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:36 am

rocknroller wrote:

Chad Gates wrote:

Alan.

With these friends... who needs enemies? :P

Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:01 am

javilu wrote:
rocknroller wrote:

Chad Gates wrote:
oh he has class alright !!!

Alan.

With these friends... who needs enemies? :P
you know i love you really buddy !!!

Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:02 am

phpBB [video]

Shocking to see Sir Paul with a bit of grey in his hair. Looks nice, actually, much better than that bad dye job he sports now.

Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:24 pm

Lonely Summer wrote:

phpBB [video]

Shocking to see Sir Paul with a bit of grey in his hair. Looks nice, actually, much better than that bad dye job he sports now.

Well at least he still has his hair !!!

Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:50 pm

rocknroller wrote:you know i love you really buddy !!!

I know you do.
I love you too, you twat! :smt007

Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:43 pm

Get a room. :D