Off Topic Messages

Re: "Living To Love You" Mp3 (More Complete Audio)

Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:51 pm

No way in hell is that Elvis Presley. Not even close.
Joe

Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:48 am

Here's what will happen to this recording, now that it gererated some buzz in the media....

Graceland will dismiss it (if they hav'nt already) ,and the owner will publish a book and include a remastered CD of the song, with the lyrics, and a fold out poster, all for 100 Euros through your favorite Elvis dealer/club. I best hurry up and submit my pre-order. :smt003

Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:28 am

TCB-FAN wrote:Here's what will happen to this recording, now that it gererated some buzz in the media....

Graceland will dismiss it (if they hav'nt already) ,and the owner will publish a book and include a remastered CD of the song, with the lyrics, and a fold out poster, all for 100 Euros through your favorite Elvis dealer/club. I best hurry up and submit my pre-order. :smt003

You would think if EPE were going to dismiss it they would have already...

After listening to that part you were talking about...I don't know...it sure as hell sounds spot on...

Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:29 am

TCB-FAN wrote:

BTW, I do not recall splattering anything when "I'm A Roustabout" turned up. I thought it was just a bad quality alternate take of "Roustabout".

You should give it a spin. It's not only a hundred times better quality than this here fake demo, but it's also a different song by a different songwriter with a different beat, different lyrics and different melody. That to ME was an exciting moment, hearing that for the first time just when i thought we'd heard every master.

Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:30 am

BrianTCB wrote:it sure as hell sounds spot on...

:|
It doesn't even sound like a professional singer to me...

Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:38 am

True - and it sure as heck doesn't sound anything like Elvis in 1976 either...it sounds more like the late 1973 sessions when Loving Arms was recorded...that is the only period that I can think of where Elvis sounded anything remotely like this.

Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:09 am

Here's the real link to the story (rather than the one that was posted from a mobile device):

http://www.wwmt.com/articles/newschanne ... rding.html

Violet Hinton herself is on Facebook talking about the song underneath the article if anyone wants to put her in touch with Ernst Jorgensen.

Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:17 am

BrianTCB wrote:...it sounds more like the late 1973 sessions when Loving Arms was recorded...that is the only period that I can think of where Elvis sounded anything remotely like this.

Mate, it DOESN'T.

It doesn't sound like Elvis at ANY period. I am flabberghasted that ANYONE, especially Elvis fans and collectors, can even liken this to the great man.

Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:23 am

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:
BrianTCB wrote:...it sounds more like the late 1973 sessions when Loving Arms was recorded...that is the only period that I can think of where Elvis sounded anything remotely like this.

Mate, it DOESN'T.

It doesn't sound like Elvis at ANY period. I am flabberghasted that ANYONE, especially Elvis fans and collectors, can even liken this to the great man.

Andy, you're one of the cream of the crop in the long list of ETA's...you think you could do your own version of LTLY and post it up on youtube ?....and put this lame version to shame once and for all ? :mrgreen:

Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:34 am

BrianTCB wrote:it sure as hell sounds spot on...

:|
It doesn't even sound like a professional singer to me...

For some reason, P.J. Proby comes to mind....

phpBB [video]

Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:19 am

TCB-FAN wrote:

Mate, it DOESN'T.

Andy, you're one of the cream of the crop in the long list of ETA's...you think you could do your own version of LTLY and post it up on youtube ?....and put this lame version to shame once and for all ? :mrgreen:

Yeah!!!! Let's hear it Andy. I'd totally give it a listen. Let's put this recording to shame once and for all!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:09 am

I got it !! Elvis is alive and this is from 1978!! :roll:

Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:03 am

Someone has apparently posted it into the youtube domain........word gets around fast in the internet.

phpBB [video]

Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:03 pm

Mate, it DOESN'T.

All I'm saying is that the poor-quality snippets we've heard aren't enough to make a sure judgement.

To be certain, we'd need to hear a full, proper version in good quality audio, that's all..................

Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:39 pm

ColinB wrote:

Mate, it DOESN'T.

All I'm saying is that the poor-quality snippets we've heard aren't enough to make a sure judgement.

To be certain, we'd need to hear a full, proper version in good quality audio, that's all..................

I absolutely agree with ColinB.

Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:40 pm

All of you who somehow think this might be Elvis, how old are you and have you changed the battery in your hearing aid lately? :wink:

Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:21 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:In all honesty I've never been this excited since the release of TTWII SE some ten years ago.

You must have splattered in your pants when "I'm A Roustabout" turned up!

Andy, would you by any chance be able to sing & record "Living To Love You" in its entirety (using only your acoustic guitar), provided that you're able to attain the lyrics (written by Jim Crane) of the song ?

I would love to hear the song in its entirety. Elvis or not.

BTW, I do not recall splattering anything when "I'm A Roustabout" turned up. I thought it was just a bad quality alternate take of "Roustabout".

It's a totally different song and FAR superior to the lightweight title song they actually used!!!

Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:21 pm

Guys, it took me 2 seconds to be sure this is NOT Elvis for God's sake.

I can't believe that any Elvis fan would really think think this is Elvis singing this song.

Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:07 pm

Renan wrote:Guys, it took me 2 seconds to be sure this is NOT Elvis for God's sake.

I can't believe that any Elvis fan would really think think this is Elvis singing this song.

+100

What are they thinking???! :|

Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:24 pm

Renan wrote:Guys, it took me 2 seconds to be sure this is NOT Elvis for God's sake.

+100

Absolutely agree. The first couple times I erroneously thought it was (wishful thinking more than anything else) but after more listens there is no doubt in my mind that that is absolutely not Elvis.

Ridiculous!!!

Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:06 pm

+100

Can you do a better version Andy ?

Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:03 pm

I wanted to believe it was him, but sorry, it's not him. Even when he was singing with little interest from time to time in the 1970s, his voice never sounded as ordinary and imitator-like as this. There's no authenticity in this voice at all with Something essential is missing. It sounds too much like someone trying to sound like Elvis. Elvis sounded better than this.

Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:46 am

TCB-FAN wrote:

+100

I don't have any desire to. It sounds like a crap song.

Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:56 am

TCB-FAN wrote:

+100

I don't have any desire to. It sounds like a crap song.

:D

Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:05 am

What is this doing in off topic when there are several threads on this topic in the Elvis section? I think most of us agree that it's not Elvis singing, but it's still an Elvis story.