Off Topic Messages

Re: "Living To Love You" Mp3 (More Complete Audio)

Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:40 am

to me the song sounds sped up maybe if someone slowed it down a little bit we can get a better idea as to what the voice really sounds like,,what we have here is a scratchy "warbly "recording of only a few seconds..I'm not saying it is Elvis but it's hard to judge it properly with what we have,,,a warped tape can be deceptive sometimes..

Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:39 am

joshferrell wrote:to me the song sounds sped up maybe if someone slowed it down a little bit we can get a better idea as to what the voice really sounds like,,what we have here is a scratchy "warbly "recording of only a few seconds..I'm not saying it is Elvis but it's hard to judge it properly with what we have,,,a warped tape can be deceptive sometimes..

+1

A more clear sounding & better quality audio would very much help determine exactly for sure whether this is really Elvis or not. I agree a warped & unclear soundbyte can be deceptive. Hopefully some new & better sources of this find will surface soon.

Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:49 am

No way, even Colin can do a better imitation than that ! :D

Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:31 am

TCB-FAN wrote:
joshferrell wrote:to me the song sounds sped up maybe if someone slowed it down a little bit we can get a better idea as to what the voice really sounds like,,what we have here is a scratchy "warbly "recording of only a few seconds..I'm not saying it is Elvis but it's hard to judge it properly with what we have,,,a warped tape can be deceptive sometimes..

+1

A more clear sounding & better quality audio would very much help determine exactly for sure whether this is really Elvis or not. I agree a warped & unclear soundbyte can be deceptive. Hopefully some new & better sources of this find will surface soon.

Sorry guys but these comments are ridiculous, coming from Elvis fans.

I've been listening to Elvis for over 30 years and can recognise him in a mere second. NO one but NO ONE can sound enough like him to confuse me for even a second.

This clip, no matter how brief, does NOT resemble Elvis whatsoever. Sounds more like Ferlin Husky to me.

Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:39 am

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:

+1

Sorry guys but these comments are ridiculous, coming from Elvis fans.

I've been listening to Elvis for over 30 years and can recognise him in a mere second. NO one but NO ONE can sound enough like him to confuse me for even a second.

This clip, no matter how brief, does NOT resemble Elvis whatsoever. Sounds more like Ferlin Husky to me.

+1
What a joke.....anyone who have listened to the King more than 10 times in his life can easily hear thats its NOT Elvis. I feel a bit embarresed that are forum members over here ( a.k.a. Elvis fans ) who have their doubts.
IT'S NOT ELVIS! Case closed.

thank you!

Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:00 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:
I'll even go out on a limb...

I think your limb just cracked :wink:

Seriously...that is NOT Elvis.

RKS

Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:24 pm

In the sound clips presented there is zero evidence of this being Elvis. Anyone who has heard Elvis' voice before should be able to tell that this sounds nothing like him.

Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:24 pm

NOT Elvis. Thank you and goodnight.

Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:30 pm

This is not Elvis. How can a fan not tell the difference? It sounds vaguely like him for a few seconds, but the rest of the clip is far off.

Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:33 pm

All the postings about this hoax should now be put into off topic.

Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:46 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:A more complete version of "Living To Love You" apparently has been uploaded. Enjoy.

Ernst Jorgensen & Roger Semon : Please give this soundbyte a careful listen. Thank You.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1PINUGS0

Most likely recorded around August, 1974 (Las Vegas Rehearsals)

Have you gone off your rocker ?!!! Mate there are already three topics devoted to this turkey. And then to suggest for EJ and Roger to give it a listen is just silly. Don't you think that the two guys have better things to do than to get involved in what obviously is a hoax. C'mon !!!!!

Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:49 pm

Robt wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:A more complete version of "Living To Love You" apparently has been uploaded. Enjoy.

Ernst Jorgensen & Roger Semon : Please give this soundbyte a careful listen. Thank You.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1PINUGS0

Most likely recorded around August, 1974 (Las Vegas Rehearsals)

Have you gone off your rocker ?!!! Mate there are already three topics devoted to this turkey. And then to suggest for EJ and Roger to give it a listen is just silly. Don't you think that the two guys have better things to do than to get involved in what obviously is a hoax. C'mon !!!!!

They are too busy making negotiations for REAL unreleased tracks like "Rock around the clock" and "Little mama" to be released!!!
:smt003

Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:54 pm

What about other 1974 multitrackers mixed to mono shows ? Maybe the others contain less reverb :mrgreen:

Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:25 pm

Robt wrote:What about other 1974 multitrackers mixed to mono shows ? Maybe the others contain less reverb :mrgreen:

:smt003

Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:38 pm

Why not leave the voice of singer for while and listen to the instruments, is it James Burton on the guitar is it Glen Hardin on the piano, if it´s not, it can´t be elvis singing. Is there any experts out there who can tell?

Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:56 pm

Ken Jensen wrote:This is not Elvis. How can a fan not tell the difference? It sounds vaguely like him for a few seconds, but the rest of the clip is far off.

Absolutely correct how anyone can be fooled by this is beyond me :shock:

Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:14 pm

Sounds like a Jimmy Ellis/Douch Church kinda singer, NOT Elvis, i bet my big boots on that.

Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:23 pm

I've been collecting Elvis 70's music for more than 26 years.
This is definitely not Elvis.
sorry...

"Living To Love You" Mp3 (More Complete Audio)

Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:32 pm

Not elvis!

Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:59 pm

NOT Elvis! I agree with the poster who said that Elvis is immediately recognizable in the poorest quality audience recording, but not here. Sounds like someone trying to sound like Elvis where they bring their voice down unnaturally.

MT
Last edited by MysteryTrain on Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:35 pm

MysteryTrain wrote:NOT Elvis! I agree with the poster who said that Elvis is immediately recognizable in the poorest quality audience, but not here. Sounds like someone trying to sound like Elvis where they bring their voice down unnaturally.

MT

But...but the highly paid professional audio experts claim that it was Elvis, so they must be right. :mrgreen:

..And what about the so called "legal documentation" supporting the acetate/reel to reel recording ?

Too bad Jimmy Crane is no longer with us to back-up this claim.

It looks like Mrs. Leigh and her attorney have an uphill battle in their hands.

In the meantime, I've scheduled an appointment with my ear doctor to have my ears checked. My old age is causing me to be tone deaf. :smt005 :smt005

Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:42 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:
MysteryTrain wrote:NOT Elvis! I agree with the poster who said that Elvis is immediately recognizable in the poorest quality audience, but not here. Sounds like someone trying to sound like Elvis where they bring their voice down unnaturally.

MT

But...but the highly paid professional audio experts claim that it was Elvis, so they must be right. :mrgreen:
Because it suits them and makes a good story / publicity.

..And what about the so called "legal documentation" supporting the acetate/reel to reel recording ?

Too bad Jimmy Crane is no longer with us to back-up this claim.

It looks like Mrs. Leigh and her attorney have an uphill battle in their hands.

In the meantime, I've scheduled an appointment with my ear doctor to have my ears checked. My old age is causing me to be tone deaf. If you think it's Elvis singing, then yes, get down the docs QUICKLY!!! :smt005 :smt005

Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:10 pm

Whether or not (most likely not) this piece of audio is of Elvis, the hype & excitement over the prospect of attaining new material hidden away in the vaults was certainly worth it.

In all honesty I've never been this excited since the release of TTWII SE some ten years ago.

As one poster put it earlier, I think it's time we focus our attention on getting the powers that be (Warner) to release the remaining footage from EOT.

Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:21 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:In all honesty I've never been this excited since the release of TTWII SE some ten years ago.

You must have splattered in your pants when "I'm A Roustabout" turned up!

Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:29 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:In all honesty I've never been this excited since the release of TTWII SE some ten years ago.

You must have splattered in your pants when "I'm A Roustabout" turned up!

Andy, would you by any chance be able to sing & record "Living To Love You" in its entirety (using only your acoustic guitar), provided that you're able to attain the lyrics (written by Jim Crane) of the song ?

I would love to hear the song in its entirety. Elvis or not.

BTW, I do not recall splattering anything when "I'm A Roustabout" turned up. I thought it was just a bad quality alternate take of "Roustabout".